RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I must of missed something...what is the name of hotel and where is it? It looks awesome!!

It is the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, three towers with an infinity pool at the top of all 3 towers. Quite the place. If you can tolerate F1 racing, watch the night race from Singapore, as the helicopters fly over skyline at night is phenomenal. Made me want to go.

JC

My post was in reference to the SL/CK on Oasis Class having open bar from 11-11 (beer and wine).

We’ve been invited to many of the lunches and events with Pinnacle. On Freedom Presidents Cruise, we shared several functions with P’s. The P’s did have a private function we were not invited to.

As far a BOGO. I have negotiated BOGO or nearly BOGO Speciality Dining on almost all cruisers we have gone on. Just need to be a little flexible on day/time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We turned Pinnacle 3 Oasis cruises ago. Also have 9 more Oasis Class cruises booked for the future.

Difference for us from Diamond Plus to Pinnacle.

$2400 Pinnacle Award.

10% more off the drink package, which we have never purchased.

Additional $25 or $26 off the price of our cruise.

Lunch with an Officer at 150 instead of the main dining room

As we try to sail only on an Oasis Class ship, I do not know what would be different on the other Royal Caribbean class ships.

Complimentary drinks in the Suite Lounge on our last 5 Oasis Cruises were 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM the 1st day. The other 6 days it was from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM.

Internet FREE to Sky/Star Class as well. Either they treat the P’s like Suite Guests or they treat the Suite Guest like P’s???

Even with open bar and cocktail hour drinks we still get the drink packages. One stop is Labadee so Package carries over to the island. It’s a PIA to run up to Deck 17 just to get a beer.

The point is that pinnacle benefits are far better than diamond plus that earlier poster said and I replied to. It’s kind of pointless to compare p status to the type of cabin that you get. And suite guests don’t get free Internet, it is part of the price of their cabin so they pay for it. Pinnacle don’t pay more for their cabin than any other passenger group and thus do get free Internet. If the p doesn’t use that cabin and you switch it out for a diamond they do not get Internet. If a suite guest canceled their cabin the person who takes that suite later will get the same Internet just like the first person.

The point is that pinnacle benefits are far better than diamond plus that earlier poster said and I replied to. It’s kind of pointless to compare p status to the type of cabin that you get. And suite guests don’t get free Internet, it is part of the price of their cabin so they pay for it. Pinnacle don’t pay more for their cabin than any other passenger group and thus do get free Internet. If the p doesn’t use that cabin and you switch it out for a diamond they do not get Internet. If a suite guest canceled their cabin the person who takes that suite later will get the same Internet just like the first person.

I’m not sure how we got here. Pinnacle have a lot of good perks and justifiably so.

Suite guests don't even get the D+ benefits, they do not have three drinks on their seapass card and on ships without a suite lounge either pay for drinks at the bar or endure the chaos of the CL. They also do not get the specialty restaurant BOGO. Pinnacles have a wonderful luncheon with senior officers that suite guests don't get. Pinnacles are treated much better.

There are plenty of suite guest that get + benefits, have the 3 drinks on their card

Isn't that why you go to a pool.

Better day than the HOHO Bus. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Safe travels. We leave tomorrow and will be two of those on the HOHO bus. Figured we'd do that day 1 since we arrive at 7:30 a.m.. We'll wave to you from the Club Lounge at our hotel across the bay. Or peek into the pool and wave when we have drinks at C'est La Vie.

I’m not sure how we got here. Pinnacle have a lot of good perks and justifiably so.

See post 3840. Looks at what I was replying to. Specifically ChipLondon’s last sentence of his first paragraph.

Doesn’t take long to become Diamond and actually Diamond + sailing in Suites and take cruising seriously.

Exactly. Six week long cruises in a suite and you are diamond. Heck, three transatlantics in a suite and you could make it to diamond.

It is constantly repeated on here about loyalty. But C&A isn’t about loyalty and it isn’t a marriage. They give perks for doing business with them regardless of whether you only cruise with them. They don’t measure your loyalty. If you cruise with other lines they don’t divorce you and take away your benefits.

Safe travels. We leave tomorrow and will be two of those on the HOHO bus. Figured we'd do that day 1 since we arrive at 7:30 a.m.. We'll wave to you from the Club Lounge at our hotel across the bay. Or peek into the pool and wave when we have drinks at C'est La Vie.
I figure we'll be at pool on Sunday. Enjoy your trip as well. I guess we're going in opposite directions.

Currently have a Premier room. I may inquire on a Club upgrade when we check in at 1am [emoji33]

We actually sort of ate dinner there. One night we tried to walk to a restaurant and when we got there it was closed by the time we walked back I was exhausted and decided, to just go to bed. I was lucky we heavy snacked that night. The Club was nice, sort of diamond lounge on steroids with a nice view. The hotel is a bit isolated so nothing is close by, and it will be stinking hot. I really liked Singapore, but it was really hot. We did a WWII tour that was fun and we did a lot of the MBS gardens... I think called Gardens by the bay with lots of lovely gardens including two in the climatically controlled domes. The train is easy to access from the hotel to the high end shopping area, but we really struggled without a plan on where to eat. I am 99% certain that great food is available, but I struck out the whole 3 nights we were there. Best food I had was the breakfast at the Crowne Plaza hotel at the airport we stayed at when we arrived at 1AM from Tokyo. The breakfast was amazing the room was better than my $800 a night room at MBS, but it was not the MBS. The entire MBS complex is pretty awesome. Let us know it the nightly laser show is back in actions, as I know they were re working it.

JC

Is there anything to keep you from falling off the edge of the pool?

Excellent question. I have a natural fear of heights, and I kind of thought the pool would be a challenge for me (I tend to have a fear but I completely over power them with my desire to not be affected by my fears), but it is not scary really at all. There is the pool about 4-1/2’ deep, then a drop of about 10 feet and a lower ledge at least 15-20 feet out. You could not jump off the pool deck to your death if you tried. The pool reaches across the top of 3 large towers the distance from one end of the pool to the other is very long.

We met a couple from Ohio, on the flight, then again at the MBS a doctor his wife their 4 kids, his mom and dad who were on the cruise. We crossed their paths at the Crowne Plaza the MBS and the Ovation and on a couple of tour buses in Vietnam and again in China. We were in the pool for about an hour the last night in Singapore and we were all together there. O, I almost forgot in China at the Great Wall the dad (doctor) had his camera stolen while they were eating ice cream after we all struggled up the wall. I felt quite bad for them. I can only imagine the dissapointment, and I hope they downloaded pictures prior to coming home.

Life is wierd that way.

JC

Edited by xpcdoojk

Will do, I thought about an airport hotel, but I didn't want to risk not checking in to MBS until the afternoon.

Well we had 3 nights in Singapore, and I knew our arrival would be after midnight, so I think we paid less than $200 for the CP, we stayed at the CP till about 10 then took a cab, and when we got to the MBS (it is a lot like a giant Vegas hotel) we checked our luggage and were not able to check in, and then we took the train down to (can’t remember and I don’t have my notes on my Ipad) to the Rodeo Drive of Singapore. We trusted tripadvisor for a lunch spot and it was really crappy in a shopping mall. That is not fair, but way dissapointing for the search and price. Singapore is a pricey place.

On the upside, the put flower petals on our bed and champagne in our room. Quite nice. I think we were on the 56th or 36th floor. We were quite high but not at the top.

Very nice hotel, and the Club was very nice.

JC

Excellent question. I have a natural fear of heights, and I kind of thought the pool would be a challenge for me (I tend to have a fear but I completely over power them with my desire to not be affected by my fears), but it is not scary really at all. There is the pool about 4-1/2’ deep, then a drop of about 10 feet and a lower ledge at least 15-20 feet out. You could not jump off the pool deck to your death if you tried. The pool reaches across the top of 3 large towers the distance from one end of the pool to the other is very long.

We met a couple from Ohio, on the flight, then again at the MBS a doctor his wife their 4 kids, his mom and dad who were on the cruise. We crossed their paths at the Crowne Plaza the MBS and the Ovation and on a couple of tour buses in Vietnam and again in China. We were in the pool for about an hour the last night in Singapore and we were all together there. O, I almost forgot in China at the Great Wall the dad (doctor) had his camera stolen while they were eating ice cream after we all struggled up the wall. I felt quite bad for them. I can only imagine the dissapointment, and I hope they downloaded pictures prior to coming home.

Life is wierd that way.

JC

Good description of the infinity pool surrounds, I'm not keen on heights either but good to know about the ledge on the other side of the pool.

Recap

Sometimes they're full, sometimes they're not.

Some folks complain, some do not.

Some people drink in the lounge, some do not.

Royal may or may not change the loyalty program.

That is all, off to Singapore and possibly a 1,000+ eligible lounge lizards on the Mariner Not Quite Global Odyssey. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

LOL...well put John! ;p:D

Have a fantabulous cruise! Just have to get through that long...long flight first. :o

Safe journey! :cool:

Sorry, but the benefits of pinnacle are demonstrably better than D+ in the newer ships. Access to an open bar (beer, wine, soda, bottled water) from 11-11 in the suite lounge. Access to CK for any meal. That alone is hundreds or more in value. Free internet is 100 for a week and is free to them. But the biggest to me is the SL/ck. It is a huge perk and I can tell you they know it and use it a lot.

Totally agree! :cool:

We turned Pinnacle 3 Oasis cruises ago. Also have 9 more Oasis Class cruises booked for the future.

Difference for us from Diamond Plus to Pinnacle.

$2400 Pinnacle Award.

10% more off the drink package, which we have never purchased.

Additional $25 or $26 off the price of our cruise.

Lunch with an Officer at 150 instead of the main dining room

As we try to sail only on an Oasis Class ship, I do not know what would be different on the other Royal Caribbean class ships.

Complimentary drinks in the Suite Lounge on our last 5 Oasis Cruises were 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM the 1st day. The other 6 days it was from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM.

Agree there!! :)

"Sea" you in December John! Hi to Sandy! :D