RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

So can someone please clarify Diamond status in the diamond lounge re drinks , does this mean its unlimited drinks between certain times and if so what are those times,

Sorry for asking this but we will become diamond on our next cruise.

Thanks

Unlimited drinks in the DL during the 3.5 hour cocktail period. This normally starts an hour before early traditional dining. So if early dining is 5:30pm, the cocktail period would usually be 4:30pm to 8pm.

Unlimited drinks in the DL during the 3.5 hour cocktail period. This normally starts an hour before early traditional dining. So if early dining is 5:30pm, the cocktail period would usually be 4:30pm to 8pm.

Do you think crowding in DL as others have reported would still be an issue if Royal “limited “ the number of FREE drinks? Limited and counted?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was the worst I've ever been in. Cramped, about 1/3rd the size it should be, and not even a window.

Worst appetizers too!

Don't get me started on the appetizers.....I have never seen so many "mystery meal balls" on one cruise.

That was the worst I've ever been in. Cramped, about 1/3rd the size it should be, and not even a window.

Worst appetizers too!

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Nice little retreat away from the chaos. Incredible staff and appetizers were just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me first say I value the D and D+ benefits. But, in the end, is there really such a thing as a "free" lunch? Certainly the cost of the drinks and the apps served in the lounges does not end up on our accounts, but I have to believe we all pay for it, no matter what C&A status one might have or not have.

Consistency, on the other hand, is a different matter. Wouldn't it be nice.... I tend to think each ship is set up as a distinct profit center. Staff has some discretion. The accountants on board probably generate a report each day that indicates whether or not cruise is meeting targets. That may drive decisions that impact how we view product quality and services levels.

Consistency? On a 7-day cruise recently that had well over 800 D and above, DL was closed for evening cocktail period and relocated to the show lounge. CL was small interior room. We chose to go to the VCL one evening rather than the show lounge and use our vouchers. We sat at bar. Seated next to us was a fellow who was a D, right next to us. We ordered; he ordered. Bartender looked at our card and gave it right back; he took the D's card and processed it. There were other D+ and P with us, and the same happened when they ordered. Know where we were each night after that for cocktails (appetizers are not that important to us; we enjoy meet up with others)?

And I'll hazard a guess the D saw what happened as well: he was seated right next to me.

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Nice little retreat away from the chaos. Incredible staff and appetizers were just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timing has a lot to do with it also. If you go in 15 minutes or so just after first seating...you will find a lot of vacated seats. Still warm! ;p

Totally agree. And I think that may be why they have such a tiny little DL in "the bilge" on deck four on Harmony. :o:eek: Trying to get the D's to just go elsewhere to use their drink vouchers.

Hope you both had a fantastic cruise.

In Harmony we went in DL at 5.30 for 30 minutes only.

We used our free drinks on Central Park and the barman exchanged our vouchers for a bottle of sparkling wine to save me keep coming back to the bar so i gave him a good tip.

I like the drink vouchers, because I rarely go into the diamond lounge since the people I travel with are not diamond. Also not the type to strike up a conversation with someone I don't know, small talk is hell to me.

Everything is pointing towards Royal kicking Diamonds out of the Diamond Lounge and requiring that they use the drink vouchers. Changing the name to Diamond Plus Lounge and kicking the pluses out of the Concierge Lounge.

There are just way to many Diamonds now.

I think they might increase the vouchers from 3 to unlimited during the Happy Hours???

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I said that last year and just got abuse.

CL for Suite and Pinnacle

DL for D+

D will get drinks on card only

I do like the unlimited, although most nights I never have more than 3

Normally we agree but Alcohol sales are one of Royals profit margins. Giving away more FREE drinks will decrease that margin.

Set fixed number of FREE drinks period. Limit it too two in DL. That would free up seats. If your two are used up in DL, then you can’t use in Dinning areas.

If you drink outside of DL, set to 3 on Pass But drinks in DL count towards the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could you come up with something a little more convoluted?:rolleyes: It's all they can do to keep track of what they do now.

You did and so did i with same response.

I remember it well.

Some people don't like change and some can't see what going to happen in the future.

Now reality is beginning to set in. It will give people a higher goal to make D+

Hope you both had a fantastic cruise.

In Harmony we went in DL at 5.30 for 30 minutes only.

We used our free drinks on Central Park and the barman exchanged our vouchers for a bottle of sparkling wine to save me keep coming back to the bar so i gave him a good tip.

Ahh...sounds like the perfect way to mix it up...and nice to get the bubbly too! :D

Yes, a good cruise, though limited mobility of course. Bucky was great as my pilot wheeling me around in the "limo". I am trying to go wheel chair free on our cruise tomorrow, just using this honking big "ski boot style" walking boot while the broken foot heals. MJ is a smaller ship so hopefully not as much to get from one place to the other. ;p:cool:

Getting on an elevator was always a challenge!! :eek::(

I know I am a broken record, but I really hate these stupid, I am the CEO and I know how to fix something that is not a problem, threads.

The Diamond Lounges are a finite size. They can't be larger. If there are too many other "special" people on board, I may not be able to get into the tiny windowless bilge room, and horror... I have to get 3 free drinks in a bar somewhere on the ship. O the horror!!!!:evilsmile: They may be really nice and steal a lounge from everyone else who are not "special" so we can have unlimited drinks, but they are not obligated to do this. We do not have a binding contract.

Again, JMHO, these threads are stupid and pointless.

JC<---- is DP so is affected by this first world "special" non-problem

Suite guests and Pinnacle C&A members board first on all RCI ships. If there is a wedding party, then they are boarded before all others.

I must politely laugh at the wedding party comment.... This past April we had our wedding booked through Royal and were sailing on Navigator for a 5 and 9 night back to back. 45 people sailed with us on the 5 nighter.

It was by far (in 15 cruises with them) the WORST AND LONGEST wait we’ve ever had to get on a ship. Even As diamond and arriving at 1030 am. It was almost 1pm before we were onboard. Keep in mind all the while having to hold her wedding dress above our heads so that it didnt wrinkle on the bottom in the bag etc. Was very disappointing needless to say.

I said that last year and just got abuse.

CL for Suite and Pinnacle

DL for D+

D will get drinks on card only

I do like the unlimited, although most nights I never have more than 3

I don't think you are alone...and ideally you should not get abuse for just voicing your opinion. That is what these boards are for! :confused: Shame on the ones that did that. :(

I agree with your thinking, but would tweak it to be SL for full suites only, and CL (Or C&A lounge) for D+ and Pinnacle. The Pineapples won't like it, (sorry guys :o) but I look at it as a Suites thing and an upper tier C&A deal. D's get the drink vouchers. Plus suites guests should never have access to an upper tier lounge...unless they have made it that level.