RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

They don't much mind anymore if you take drinks out on your way to dinner. However, if you are making several trips out of the lounge with drinks, they may ask you to stop.

I get that! On our last cruise, we sat with friends out in the VCL and the DL waiter kept coming out there to refresh our drinks, which may be because he got tipped with every order!;) May be another case of it's best to ask forgiveness vs permission or all they can say is "no"!;p

I get that! On our last cruise, we sat with friends out in the VCL and the DL waiter kept coming out there to refresh our drinks, which may be because he got tipped with every order!;) May be another case of it's best to ask forgiveness vs permission or all they can say is "no"!;p

Which probably won't happen any longer...since from what others are saying, RCI has stopped with the VCL/lounges over flows from the DL.

Yikes...as if the crowding wasn't bad enough as it is! :o:eek:

Will be on Rhapsody on Sunday. I think they did overflow into "Shall we Dance" lounge from the DL on that floor the the last time we were on board. We did not spend much time down there, but I used the computer in there to check emails and noticed how busy it was. Will be interesting to see if they have stopped the overflow on that ship as well.

Edited by island lady

Which probably won't happen any longer...since from what others are saying, RCI has stopped with the VCL/lounges over flows from the DL.

Will be on Rhapsody on Sunday. I think they did overflow into "Shall we Dance" lounge from the DL on that floor the the last time we were on board. We did not spend much time down there, but I used the computer in there to check emails and noticed how busy it was. Will be interesting to see if they have stopped the overflow on that ship as well.

Please let us all know when you get back to reality and have a great cruise!!!:cool::*

I talk to the Diamond Concierge last night he confirms that Corporate sent out a letter no more over flows for the Diamond Lounge Except on transatlantic

The Diamond Concierge on Freedom last week never got that email. The door was wide open all week...some and go as you please with unlimited drinks and finger food. It was insane. No one checked any credentials, with the door left open, no card was needed, and the concierge never looked up from her computer. All week.

The first two nights, the stairs leading up from the sports deck were unobstructed, leading to numerous random people coming up the stairs to get a few cocktails for free.

A group of pinnacles made the Viking Crown Lounge their own personal overflow...complete with servers bringing drinks and snacks from the actual Diamonds Lounge for them.

Will be on Navigator next month and one of our friends is not D, so was planning on just popping into the DL to get our drinks and then going out into the VCL to sit and visit with her. Do you think that will still be allowed?:rolleyes: Was planning on using the 3 vouchers in the MDR a little later.;)

For the last two cruises on the Vision that’s what we have done also during the Super Bowl it worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't much mind anymore if you take drinks out on your way to dinner. However, if you are making several trips out of the lounge with drinks, they may ask you to stop.

For two cruises that’s what we have been doing Robert says no problem

You should see the madhouse on serenade this week. 330 plus d and 160 plus d+ at least. The dl has less than 40 seats available. Standing room only in dl and the vortex is pretty empty with the door closed that could be used for overflow. Met a great bunch of p and d+ in the cl every night and been having a blast. Major reason cl runs so smooth is annabelle (cl bartender and wonder woman!) has been taking great care of everyone. Also willie has been helping by serving drinks and floating around making sure everyone is having a great time.

Bunch of us going onto freedom next week saturday. I want to see if the dl will ha e overflow or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You should see the madhouse on serenade this week. 330 plus d and 160 plus d+ at least. The dl has less than 40 seats available. Standing room only in dl and the vortex is pretty empty with the door closed that could be used for overflow. Met a great bunch of p and d+ in the cl every night and been having a blast. Major reason cl runs so smooth is annabelle (cl bartender and wonder woman!) has been taking great care of everyone. Also willie has been helping by serving drinks and floating around making sure everyone is having a great time.

Bunch of us going onto freedom next week saturday. I want to see if the dl will ha e overflow or not.

Was on Freedom a few weeks ago. Was told there were around 500 D & up. Both CL & DL were packed, no overflow. Hard to find a seat, even going shortly after 1st seating. That said the servers were great. I tipped them well!

Yeah, I noticed that with Serenade. Lots of upper tier C&A and many doing B2Bs. Easier to do those with only having to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for many locals.

Very limited on the Jewel last month coming out of San Juan. Never a problem getting a seat in the CL...was quite empty most nights. Peeked into the DL a couple of times and found it not very busy in there either.

I think you will notice a lower number of upper tier C&A on Freedom due to embarkation in San Juan also.

Is Mario still the Suite and CL Concierge? I heard he might be moving to the DL?

Will be on Navigator next month and one of our friends is not D, so was planning on just popping into the DL to get our drinks and then going out into the VCL to sit and visit with her. Do you think that will still be allowed?:rolleyes: Was planning on using the 3 vouchers in the MDR a little later.;)

Not all ships allow the use of the vouchers in the dining room or other dining venues. We were allowed to use the vouchers on Oasis in the MDR on a Jan 7-14 cruise. But then took the Majesty on Jan 15, and we were not allowed.

enjoy

M

Not all ships allow the use of the vouchers in the dining room or other dining venues. We were allowed to use the vouchers on Oasis in the MDR on a Jan 7-14 cruise. But then took the Majesty on Jan 15, and we were not allowed.

enjoy

M

Good to know, as I assumed it would be fleet wide!:rolleyes: Will check that and, if vouchers are not allowed in the MDR, can stop somewhere along the way!;)

He's probably afraid of you.;)

In the spring and fall of 2016 we set in the VCL and went back into the Diamond Lounge to get drinks I was walking for them to say something get me a set inside then I would stay inside

In the spring and fall of 2016 we set in the VCL and went back into the Diamond Lounge to get drinks I was walking for them to say something get me a set inside then I would stay inside

I would not be the one to stand in your way!

This is a worryingly development especially if it also is on Oasis class with the loss of the CL as an alternative for us D+.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I talk to the Diamond Concierge last night he confirms that Corporate sent out a letter no more over flows for the Diamond Lounge Except on transatlantic

The Diamond Concierge on Freedom last week never got that email. The door was wide open all week...some and go as you please with unlimited drinks and finger food. It was insane. No one checked any credentials, with the door left open, no card was needed, and the concierge never looked up from her computer. All week.

The first two nights, the stairs leading up from the sports deck were unobstructed, leading to numerous random people coming up the stairs to get a few cocktails for free.

A group of pinnacles made the Viking Crown Lounge their own personal overflow...complete with servers bringing drinks and snacks from the actual Diamonds Lounge for them.

Sounds like the same D concierge that never moved from her seat in June when we were on Freedom.

Good to know, as I assumed it would be fleet wide!:rolleyes: Will check that and, if vouchers are not allowed in the MDR, can stop somewhere along the way!;)

We have use ours on the Vision the last two cruises. I have ask supposedly when the memo on no overflows came out everyone were told to accept the vouchers

This is a worryingly development especially if it also is on Oasis class with the loss of the CL as an alternative for us D+.

Where have you been Graham ? I thought you would be on top of this news. Royal adding Suite Lounges to most ships in drydock. Mariner Adventure...

Can’t wait for Freedom and Oasis to go to drydock. Oasis hopefully gets a Wonderland and Freedom a SL up in the VCL with a view.

Where have you been Graham ? I thought you would be on top of this news. Royal adding Suite Lounges to most ships in drydock. Mariner Adventure...

Can’t wait for Freedom and Oasis to go to drydock. Oasis hopefully gets a Wonderland and Freedom a SL up in the VCL with a view.

Just booked a Suite on P&O Oceana,there is only 6 suites on her.