FlightEase works - almost!

Tennessee Titan

I will try calling again, but the TA said that it doesn't exist yet. HAL has not given Delta any names yet for the flights and will not give Delta any names until the flights are ticketed.

Just seems so strange to me since we've never had a problem! Are all your flights on Delta? What happens with us is we have to connect to almost everywhere via ATL! (Miss the days of direct flights from NJ!) With some European flights we will have multi-connectors. A year ago we flew from home to ATL to AMS to Venice. All our flights were on Delta but the AMS to Venice one was KLM. The KLM one the seats couldn't be assigned at the time but the Delta flights were. Same thing for this April we have to fly Air France for one of the legs but the other flights are all on Delta.

Best of Luck with this and please let us know how you make out! :)

Just seems so strange to me since we've never had a problem! Are all your flights on Delta? What happens with us is we have to connect to almost everywhere via ATL! (Miss the days of direct flights from NJ!) With some European flights we will have multi-connectors. A year ago we flew from home to ATL to AMS to Venice. All our flights were on Delta but the AMS to Venice one was KLM. The KLM one the seats couldn't be assigned at the time but the Delta flights were. Same thing for this April we have to fly Air France for one of the legs but the other flights are all on Delta.

Best of Luck with this and please let us know how you make out! :)

Things are getting worse. . . Called HAL. They said that they have no record of the reservation. So, I called the TA back and they said they would look into it. The TA just called me and said that the flight was cancelled by me when I was on the website several weeks ago. I don't remember cancelling it. TA says it will take a day or two to find me a new flight.

Things are getting worse. . . Called HAL. They said that they have no record of the reservation. So, I called the TA back and they said they would look into it. The TA just called me and said that the flight was cancelled by me when I was on the website several weeks ago. I don't remember cancelling it. TA says it will take a day or two to find me a new flight.

Yikes! :eek: It's a good thing you were proactive and did some asking. That would have been a very unpleasant surprise:(

Yikes! :eek: It's a good thing you were proactive and did some asking. That would have been a very unpleasant surprise:(

What irritates me the most is that I did not get any notice of cancellation and neither did my TA. My TA kept saying everything was fine but I wanted to find my flight on Delta (especially since you guys said that was possible). I'm not sure how I cancelled it on their website either.

We needed a one-way business class air from Tampa to Venice for a 25 day Med/Trans-Atlantic cruise last October. We contacted our TA in April, and asked her to get us fares with HAL. I checked myself for one-way fares and the best I could get was $8000 P/P. I could purchase a round trip for $4800 and throw away the return, but the airlines hate that. My TA got us business class on British Airways, through Gatwick, for $1190 P/P. As soon as I said OK to my TA, she gave me my BA record locator and this was 7 months out from the cruise. I logged into the BA website, set up an account with them (free) and entered my record locator. I could select my seats, enter my American Airlines FF number (AA is partners with BA). And I paid for the air along with the cruise at final payment date, 75 days out from the cruise. On the HAL website, under "My Itinerary" the BA flights were shown. 30 days out, I could even select our meals for the TPA-LGW segment.

I just booked flights on HAL yesterday, Delta flights. On the confirmation I had both the HAL confirmation number and the Delta confirmation number. It asked if I wanted to pick seats at time of booking. I instead went to Delta's site, put in the Delta confirmation number, pulled up the flights and picked the seats then. Because I'm Silver Medallion with Delta, I can pick better seats than I could on the HAL site since they don't know of my Delta status. It's all really quite easy.

Oh, and we don't get paper tickets in hand. It's all done paperless. You just check in for your flight 24 hours in advance, and print your boarding pass. If you don't have access to a printer then, you can just go to the kiosk at the airline counter, check in your bags, and get your printed boarding pass at the airport. I often do that when on a ship so I don't have to go through the hassle of printing in the internet cafe. Having the Delta app on my phone helps immensely as I can check in there. When you do that you also have your boarding pass on your phone.

Something is very strange here with your TA! When is your Cruise for and where are you flying to?

How is your TA saying YOU cancelled the flights? If you went into the Website I'm sure you would remember cancelling flights! Doesn't sound right!

Have you been in your reservation on HAL's site? If not, go into the site into your Account and under MY RESERVATION click on that. When you see "Purchase" click on that. On left-hand side of screen will be Book Flights. You can search flights and book them. After you do book them your flights will show up on your Itinerary in HAL as well!

Good luck and let us know if this worked for you! As you can see from many of the posts here some of us did it directly in HAL's site and not through TA.

Something is very strange here with your TA! When is your Cruise for and where are you flying to?

How is your TA saying YOU cancelled the flights? If you went into the Website I'm sure you would remember cancelling flights! Doesn't sound right!

Have you been in your reservation on HAL's site? If not, go into the site into your Account and under MY RESERVATION click on that. When you see "Purchase" click on that. On left-hand side of screen will be Book Flights. You can search flights and book them. After you do book them your flights will show up on your Itinerary in HAL as well!

Good luck and let us know if this worked for you! As you can see from many of the posts here some of us did it directly in HAL's site and not through TA.

It looks like my TA has re-instated the flights but he's not sure what the price will be (has to wait to talk to a supervisor tomorrow). I see them on my HAL itinerary, so that's good right? Will keep you guys posted. Still have no idea how I cancelled the flight.

It looks like my TA has re-instated the flights but he's not sure what the price will be (has to wait to talk to a supervisor tomorrow). I see them on my HAL itinerary, so that's good right? Will keep you guys posted. Still have no idea how I cancelled the flight.

Yes, that is good it's on the Itinerary! Try and relax! It'll work out! Keep us posted! :)

We are not having good luck with Tahiti. HAL has advertised good fares but can’t seem to locate them when you call. Online with flight ease they are more than double the price. Hoping we can work this out. Fingers crossed!

Are you looking at Flexi Fare or "Restricted" in Flight Ease? Makes a huge difference!

Yes, that is good it's on the Itinerary! Try and relax! It'll work out! Keep us posted! :)

Sorry, I don't mean to sound panicked. The cruise isn't until July 22 but the flight was $500 cheaper per person on HAL than on the Delta website. My worry is really about saving money - not that I won't get a flight to Amsterdam.

I know that HAL does great fares for one way international flights. But how do they do on round trip US domestic flights ? We are booked on the March 2019 Eurodam to Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas. We need a round trip TPA-SAN. We would prefer first class, but we also want to see premium economy fares. I am getting sample fares of $740 premium economy and $1100 first class. Has anyone received a better deal on a domestic round trip compared to what you can get from the airlines ?

We booked with flight ease for April Med cruise flights. DC to Venice and Rome to DC. I did a great deal of research before I asked my cruise consultant(we booked thru HAL) to get me quote on flight I wanted. I found a Lufthansa set of flights with the flying times, layovers etc that we wanted. She was able to get the economy seats for much less (over 450 each person) so I booked with them. Lufthansa usually does not let you pick seats and I called to confirm this.(you can do it in advance in economy but must pay a per seat cost to choose). Later I decided I wanted to do upgrade to premium or comfort class. I found HAL would be more to upgrade so I paid HAL just for flights (my final payments are not due til Feb), waited a day, called Lufthansa and did the upgrade and picked my seats all on the phone. I think Flight ease prices for international travel are much better than doing on your own. Plus HAL will help with issues during these flights and they are protected by your insurance. To each his own but I would use them again.

Please advise me how. I have reservations currently and when go to "my Reservations," I don't see any link to Flight Ease. Thanks.

When you go into My Reservations and go to your Booking you'll see "Purchase" (for Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, etc.). Click on "Purchase" and on the left-hand side you'll see "Book Flights". Go into that and you'll be able to search the flights and book.

Please clarify - can you book a flight on HAL's web site or do you have to call to make a booking?
Yes, you can peruse/book flights online on HAL's website, as long as you have your booking number. Access your reservation, go to "Purchase" and you will see travel options. Just click on "flights" and it takes you directly into Flight Easy booking.

Please advise me how. I have reservations currently and when go to "my Reservations," I don't see any link to Flight Ease. Thanks.

If you are unable to see flights per the instruction provided your account may not be updated as of yet. HAL is doing a sloooow rollout of FlightEase access for those with existing reservations.

It’s only been 2 months or so since I’ve been able to view.

When you go into My Reservations and go to your Booking you'll see "Purchase" (for Spa Treatments, Shore Excursions, etc.). Click on "Purchase" and on the left-hand side you'll see "Book Flights". Go into that and you'll be able to search the flights and book.

Yes, you can peruse/book flights online on HAL's website, as long as you have your booking number. Access your reservation, go to "Purchase" and you will see travel options. Just click on "flights" and it takes you directly into Flight Easy booking.

Thanks so much for your help. It shows that after a dozen or so HAL cruises and a 4 star Mariner, I can still learn something. I used to be adamant about booking my own flights but for the past few years, I've used the cruise line air programs. For international business class one way flights, I don't believe there is a better option.

Just wondering what folks experience has been with the pricing on Flex Fares. Is the fare you originally booked the fare price that you will generally pay.....or are their constant price changes? We do note that HAL specifically does make it clear that pricing can change up until you actually pay and are ticketed. Princess has a similar policy (where they do not guarantee pricing until payment and ticketing), but in our experience the price you originally book is usually what you will get at ticketing time.

Hank