Cuban citizen cruising to Cuba

MarciaD

Naturalized citizen of US but born in Cuba. Came with parents back in the 60’s. Can she cruise to Cuba as easily as someone not born in Cuba.

Does she have a US passport? She is a US citizen, then she is no different than any other US citizen. I'm not sure why this is a question. It's no different than any US citizen cruising there.

It's no different than any US citizen cruising there.

In most countries that would be true, but the Cubans could very well hassle former Cubans whereas they ignore US born Americans - the place of birth is pretty prominent on the main page of the passport.;)

In most countries that would be true, but the Cubans could very well hassle former Cubans whereas they ignore US born Americans - the place of birth is pretty prominent on the main page of the passport.;)

Do you know any case that this has actually happened?

Your best bet is to contact the Cuban Embassy in Washington D.C. for accurate information.

Why? She's no longer a cuban citizen. She's a US citizen. If anything, she should talk to the US Dept of State (when they're open lol).

As far as I know, from when the travel restrictions were loosened last year, Cuba considers anyone born in Cuba to be of dual nationality, even if a naturalized US citizen, and they require a different visa from a US born citizen to travel to Cuba. Definitely need to contact the Cuban embassy, just as you would for any visa to any country.

Do you know any case that this has actually happened?

It’s been a year, but I’m fairly certain that this was the circumstance of the guest lecturer on my Empress cruise to Havana. The amount charged for Visa is greater and may be more hoops to jump through.

To the OP, like others suggest, talk to Royal or the correct government agency.

Naturalized citizen of US but born in Cuba. Came with parents back in the 60’s. Can she cruise to Cuba as easily as someone not born in Cuba.

My understanding is, because she is Cuban-American, there are actually less restrictions other than having to obtain a Visa. I'm pretty sure she is not held to the dozen (or so) guidelines placed on other US citizens for travel to Cuba.

But that's just my understanding. I agree with irishgal's assertion that you shouldn't rely on us for concrete answers.

Depending on the year that she immigrated frim Cuba, she might need a cuban passport. I believe people who came from Cuba after 1971 need a cuban pasaport to go Cuba. Im not sure about the exact year. I came from Cuba in 1994 and has been naturalized from almost 20 years and still need a Cuban passport just to go to Cuba. I have to use the US passport to get back to the US or to travel to other countries. Royal Caribbean should be able to tell you exactly what she needs.

quote=MarciaD;55050197]Naturalized citizen of US but born in Cuba. Came with parents back in the 60’s. Can she cruise to Cuba as easily as someone not born in Cuba.