Diamond Drinks in the MDR

Beachammo

I was able to use my Diamond voucher for drinks on the Majesty in November.

Wish the ability to use the drink vouchers in the Dining room and other dining venues was fleet wide. It was allowable on Oasis Jan 7-14 cruise but not the next day( next cruise) on the Jan 15 Majesty.

M

I think many people like two appetizers but have never seen anyone want two entrees.

We've traveled with older teenagers, and it was not uncommon for them to have two entrees. Also, some entrees were pretty small, Garlic Tiger Shrimp comes to mind. I would get a second entree from time to time with that Tiger Shrimp entree.

You can order as much as you want. Half the menu is a repeat of the night before.

Service was very slow last night even though our table only ordered one appetizer. Escargot was cold so had to send it back. Waiters were confused with diamond vouchers.....again. Head Waiter got involved. The shank was as good as always. Curry shrimp was fantastic.

Forgot my phone so no pictures

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

In the few cruises I have been on since the drink packages have been popular, the bar service in the MDR has been awful. But at least if I was using my diamond voucher, I wouldn't have to wait an hour for it, I could just give up and leave. On Adventure last year people would stop on the way and get one to bring into dinner as many drinks were ordered and never delivered. (including coffee a couple of nights)

I think many people like two appetizers but have never seen anyone want two entrees.

We order an extra entree between us all the time so we can split the protein portion to try it out. We always ask they deliver it all at once otherwise they do wait to bring the additional item

Lobster night. I generally ask for two when I order.

I also like the shrimp cocktail and will order two. Last cruise on Brilliance, instead of bringing two cocktails, the server got creative and made a plateful of shrimp. I was able to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've traveled with older teenagers, and it was not uncommon for them to have two entrees. Also, some entrees were pretty small, Garlic Tiger Shrimp comes to mind. I would get a second entree from time to time with that Tiger Shrimp entree.
Baby Tiger Shrimp.....lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We just returned from an Oasis B2B with the new menu. There were no restrictions to what one could order from the menu. We often ordered two appetizers with no issue. We had an extra entrée one evening, again no issue. They even encouraged us to order two ( or more) lobster dinners.

The menu is a bit limited, but in my opinion, still better than the old "spice" menus.

M

... Off-topic, but I never had trouble getting multiple glasses of wine (deluxe package) at dinner from my assistant/drinks waiter. Is that unusual?

That's very nice, and it's not done by every waiter.

If I have the deluxe package, can I use my diamond vouchers for others at the table eating with us? I heard somewhere that sharing is ok with the diamond vouchers.

They normally don't care if you share your Diamond drink vouchers, though I don't know if their point of sale system is smart enough for the bar people to pick one or the other when someone also has a drink package.