Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

Does anyone have any insight into what being a "Pre-Sale Deposit Holder" might get someone?  We put a deposit down quite some time ago.  Wondering whether the February 5th booking window mentioned by VV will bring us any perks such as free/discounted room upgrades, or whether it's solely just a chance, to have a first chance, at booking itineraries/categories at the same price everyone else will get on February 14th?

From VV email: "Pre-Sale Deposit Holders will be able to book passage aboard our Scarlet Lady starting February 5th, 2019. We will be open for business for all sailors beginning February 14th, 2019."

Edited by ATCMickey

1 hour ago, ATCMickey said:

Does anyone have any insight into what being a "Pre-Sale Deposit Holder" might get someone?  We put a deposit down quite some time ago.  Wondering whether the February 5th booking window mentioned by VV will bring us any perks such as free/discounted room upgrades, or whether it's solely just a chance, to have a first chance, at booking itineraries/categories at the same price everyone else will get on February 14th?

From VV email: "Pre-Sale Deposit Holders will be able to book passage aboard our Scarlet Lady starting February 5th, 2019. We will be open for business for all sailors beginning February 14th, 2019."

They haven't promised anything other than being able to book early.  I'm not expecting any extra bonuses but would gladly accept them.  Hopefully they release the schedule for the full year as I'm not looking to sail until late 2020 or early 2021.

13 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

They haven't promised anything other than being able to book early.  I'm not expecting any extra bonuses but would gladly accept them.  Hopefully they release the schedule for the full year as I'm not looking to sail until late 2020 or early 2021.

I'm sure hoping for more than early booking.  Personally, not chomping at the bit for an inaugural cruise and can't imagine anything available on Feb 4 will not still be available on Feb 14 (also not trying to get the presidential suite).  Hoping letting them hold my $500 for the past year wasn't short-sighted on my part 😞

Edited by ATCMickey

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings

Is the first sailing still scheduled for 2020?  This ship looks like she is coming together quickly.  She is much further along when compared to the new NCL Encore which sails 01 November 2019.  Information from Virgin seems to be flowing very slowly.

Good Sailing

Tom

Yes, launch is still scheduled for 2020.  We should find out the exact date by February 5 when bookings open.  The ship will likely be completed by Fall 2019, but will need a few months for training and practice runs since this is a brand new cruise line which no one will have experience working for yet.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:03 AM, timf2001 said:

Yes, launch is still scheduled for 2020.  We should find out the exact date by February 5 when bookings open.

Oh my goodness! Let's hope that they let us know at least a little before February 5th! How can they open bookings, when folks have been given NO information about what is available to book (or when)? :classic_wacko:

3 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Oh my goodness! Let's hope that they let us know at least a little before February 5th! How can they open bookings, when folks have been given NO information about what is available to book (or when)? :classic_wacko:

Kinda normal for a brand new ship class with other lines as well - it was that way for Quantum class at RCI.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Kinda normal for a brand new ship class with other lines as well - it was that way for Quantum class at RCI.

Yes, but Royal did NOT take pre-deposits, over a year in advance, either. Virgin has had my $$ for over a year. If all I'm getting for that is a one-week head start on booking, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some information, first.

Virgin Voyages has opened its portal for travel agents for registration and is promoting it with a sweepstakes offer of private tea with founder Richard Branson.

In keeping with its disdain for traditional cruise nomenclature, Virgin will refer to travel sellers as "First Mates" rather than travel agents.

"Onboard a ship, a First Mate is the Captain's most trusted confidant and right hand, which is how we see our travel partners," said Stacey Shaw, vice president of sales and business development for Virgin Voyages. "We are calling all travel sellers looking for a fresh option for their customers and a simple approach to business to join us on our journey as a First Mate."

The portal will be reachable online at Firstmates.com starting Feb. 5. Virgin will conduct an immersive learning "Cabin Fever" day on Feb. 6.  Bookings through Firstmates.com will open Feb. 14, although agents with clients holding presale deposits can contact the Sailor Services team starting Feb. 5.

First Mates who are registered with Virgin by the opening of bookings on Feb. 14 are eligible to win a date for tea with Branson, the charismatic founder of all things Virgin.

The line's first ship, the Scarlet Lady, will sail the Caribbean during its inaugural season.

By mid-February, Virgin said it will reveal more information about essential elements of its onboard experience, as well as details about how it will be working with First Mates.