Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

• 2 weeks later...

First impressions are that the spaces are kind of sterile and basic, with lots of communal seating that don't look all that comfortable.  I don't see too many areas that I would want to hang out in for any length of time.  Industrial is the overall word that comes to mind.  Even the deck support trusses are left exposed (that aft balcony shot looking up).  The one pool for the entire ship (besides the spa pool) is tiny tiny tiny.  Of course these are early days and too early to really judge.  Put the finishing touches on the spaces and add people and my views could certainly change.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eroller said:

First impressions are that the spaces are kind of sterile and basic, with lots of communal seating that don't look all that comfortable.  I don't see too many areas that I would want to hang out in for any length of time.  Industrial is the overall word that comes to mind.  Even the deck support trusses are left exposed (that aft balcony shot looking up).  The one pool for the entire ship (besides the spa pool) is tiny tiny tiny.  Of course these are early days and too early to really judge.  Put the finishing touches on the spaces and add people and my views could certainly change.  

I kinda agree. Also the first impressions is the overabundance of outdoor lounging areas with cushions/mats as opposed to individual adjustable sunbeds/loungers.  This ship continues the current trend of separating the Gym and spa areas. I like that the spa has hot tubs and whirlpools and places to sit and relax. Those elements are missing in Celebrity's Edge Class ships and while the spas on those class of ships look great there's no hot tubs/whirlpools and not enough sitting and relaxation areas.

I didn't notice any individual heated tile loungers in the spa but there are large stone platforms. Hopefully those are heated otherwise they're kind of useless in a spa area.