Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

2 hours ago, Abe67 said:

Any idea why it takes 6 days to get to Dover?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are probably being very conservative with the schedule, taking into account any unforeseen occurrences.  I believe the crossing from Liverpool to NY is taking 10 days, which is also very long.  Probably building in time to divert in case of bad weather and still make that NY maiden arrival on schedule.  

I can’t emphasize strongly enough that they are really using Instagram for a ton of stuff. It’s worth signing up an account and just checking it out. Some things will require you to be signed in.

Then search #virginvoyages in the search window, with the hashtag.

SO much stuff and a lot of it, especially videos, is difficult to bring over.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

They extended the Free credits promotion to the end of March-Tells me that they did not get as good of response as they had wanted....

Or they plan to be like other cruise lines and constantly extend promotions to give a false sense of urgency.

• Like 1

As far as I know the lights are normally spots either just below the promenade  deck or just below the life boats. Illumination provides an added safety factor in emergencies and an additional aid is spotting passengers going overboard being spotted on cameras.

The only cruise ship I know of with underwater lights are some of the new Ponant vessels with windows in the hull for viewing sea life. I think they call it the whales eye.... but I could have that name wrong.

7 hours ago, stitchcreek said:

Most of it does seem to be getting posted to Facebook too, if you’re not an Instagram user...

Note that I really dislike most social media platforms, so I don't have a dog in this fight ...

But if you search for the hashtag #virginvoyages on Instagram you get a lot more content. They have several members of the team/crew running different 'stories' and narratives, and that hashtag picks up more of them. Just a random example, but here's a tattoo one of the members of the IT staff got from the onboard tattoo parlor:

I never would have seen this otherwise.

Of course, the #virginvoyages tag also gets you a lot of travel agent posts, but I've just been blocking them as I find them.

5 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Note that I really dislike most social media platforms, so I don't have a dog in this fight ...

But if you search for the hashtag #virginvoyages on Instagram you get a lot more content. They have several members of the team/crew running different 'stories' and narratives, and that hashtag picks up more of them. Just a random example, but here's a tattoo one of the members of the IT staff got from the onboard tattoo parlor:

Of course, the #virginvoyages tag also gets you a lot of travel agent posts, but I've just been blocking them as I find them.

And some dj who has no affiliation with VV but uses their hashtag in every post

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

And some dj who has no affiliation with VV but uses their hashtag in every post

Hah!

I mean, this experience isn't making me like social media (or Instagram) any better, but I've been super hype about VV ever since it was announced, so I'm desperate for content. 

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

Ah interesting, I’m not “down with the kids” enough to understand how all this hashtag business works, hadn’t thought there’d be more to find that just via their main account... thanks!

• Like 1