Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

17 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Why what? IF referring to instagram, because that is the social media that Virgin Voyages is focused on.

I don't subscribe to ANY social media, so guess I'll miss a lot. But I seem to have survived without it, so que sera, sera

3 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

One thing that’s clear is that they really didn’t intend for all those pictures to be leaked last week. They’re treating some of their Instagram reveals as stuff that’s never been seen before.

Most of their audience probably is seeing these spaces for the first time though.

Like some others, I was hesitant to download the Instagram app. However, I was curious and have been excited about seeing more content.  I finally did download the app and am happy that I did. I do like seeing everything that I can about this ship. It all depends on if you really want to see the additional information provided there. Some may prefer to still be surprised when they actually get on the ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poidog81 said:

Anyone else see the ship tour that was posted on youtube a week ago?  Ship looks awesome!

Thanks for that

A lot of the communal areas and dining places to me look like cheap furnishings, the seats look like plastic/metal doesn't look inviting to me personally.

Not keen on servers and barstaff walking round with just tshirts on saying crew that's going ot be great trying to spot them when passengers are onboard....

5 hours ago, poidog81 said:

Anyone else see the ship tour that was posted on youtube a week ago?  Ship looks awesome!

I haven't finished the video but after viewing some of the video and all the photos it's very, very evident that the overall design esthetic is retro 1970's Pop British and Italian Modern. There seems to be an abundance of platform type seating and lounging areas both inside and outside. 

Anyone else think that the Deck 16 Aft Catamaran Net would have made for an AMAZING SUSPENDED ALL GLASS Whirlpool/Swimming pol?

I asked last night if there would be trivia on board, and the (super nice!) customer service rep said that they have not yet decided. Apparently some of the finer details of entertainment like trivia and game shows are still being worked out at the moment. If anyone has heard differently, I'd love to hear about it!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_0neuk said:

Not keen on servers and barstaff walking round with just tshirts on saying crew that's going ot be great trying to spot them when passengers are onboard....

That video was shot before Virgin had formally taken possession of the ship. I don't think those were official uniforms. 

I was checking out this Forbes article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2019/02/14/reinventing-cruises-new-virgin-cruise-line-from-richard-branson-sets-sail/#7e97158677fd

And caught this quote:

"Many ocean goers who are not traveling with the most luxurious and expensive lines (like Crystal, Seven Seas, Oceania, Azamara Club Cruises, etc.) are shocked to discover they are a very captive audience forced to pay high rates for basic necessities like soft drinks and water, even when meals are included. This is especially costly and annoying to families, and the most frequent cruise industry complaint I hear from consumers (though the first season of Virgin Voyages will be 18 and older only)."

First season? What does that mean? Are they already backing off on the adults-only thing?

6 minutes ago, twodjs said:

I believe that is the comment from the author, not a quote from Virgin. No kids is one of the benefits I see quite often mentioned from posters as a reason for picking Virgin.

And “no kids, no kidding” is one of the first phrases to flash across the screen when I see their ads.

I don’t think they can easily back away from that just yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2019/02/14/reinventing-cruises-new-virgin-cruise-line-from-richard-branson-sets-sail/#7e97158677fd

And caught this quote:

"Many ocean goers who are not traveling with the most luxurious and expensive lines (like Crystal, Seven Seas, Oceania, Azamara Club Cruises, etc.) are shocked to discover they are a very captive audience forced to pay high rates for basic necessities like soft drinks and water, even when meals are included. This is especially costly and annoying to families, and the most frequent cruise industry complaint I hear from consumers (though the first season of Virgin Voyages will be 18 and older only)."

First season? What does that mean? Are they already backing off on the adults-only thing?

If they back off the adults only policy, my June cruise will probably be my last.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

And caught this quote:

I feel like they are committed to it being adults only just based on the layout of the ship. There’s no kids club. There are no recreational things for kids like the other ships have, like go karts or ropes courses or even an arcade. Unless they plan on making some major changes to a brand new ship then I would say it’s a safe bet to stay adults only.

• Like 1