Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

10 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

In my app, there are not times, dates or anything, just a static screenIMG_FB29929CB344-1.thumb.jpeg.e7d30a4c9e54289930638b1797b45b72.jpeg

On mine it has our cabin as a limited view sea terrace 👀. We are booked in a Biggest Aft Rockstar suite. Thankfully I am an agent and looked it up on the booking engine. All looks correct there.

9 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Another review

As D:Ream once sang, things can only get better.

Enjoyed the review (the good and the bad) and very much appreciate a reviewer with some integrity.  Not afraid to share their views even if it means falling out of grace with the cruise line.  Obviously there are areas of opportunity, which honestly exists with any new ship even from well established cruise lines.  I'm not keen on the constant thumping techno music all around the ship ... and I'm actually a fan of techno.  Just don't need to hear it 24/7.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eroller said:

Enjoyed the review (the good and the bad) and very much appreciate a reviewer with some integrity.  Not afraid to share their views even if it means falling out of grace with the cruise line.  Obviously there are areas of opportunity, which honestly exists with any new ship even from well established cruise lines.  I'm not keen on the constant thumping techno music all around the ship ... and I'm actually a fan of techno.  Just don't need to hear it 24/7.  

She clearly had an axe to grind (with being treated as an influencer instead of a journalist), but some of those points were pretty surprising and do in fact reflect a lack of market research on their demographic, vis a vis food prefs (which pretty much all cruise lines have a zillion options for) and not having been programmed to believe it’s okay to be casually groped by strangers (even performers). It does play into a concern I already had, which is that the live shows have a higher level of audience participation than I’m comfortable with. Not so much the groping, I just want to be allowed to watch and not participate. 

Hopefully it’s growing pains. But it’s been a crap week in the world, and this review was a capper for me and my excitement about VV. Kind of ready for the first couple of sailings to get canceled and refunded so I can re-evaluate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

Hopefully it’s growing pains. But it’s been a crap week in the world, and this review was a capper for me and my excitement about VV. Kind of ready for the first couple of sailings to get canceled and refunded so I can re-evaluate.

For sure there will be growing pains.  Even the most experienced cruise lines have to tweak and refine things when a new ship comes out.  Celebrity already had to change much of the eclectic entertainment on EDGE because it wasn’t well received.  The successful cruise lines learn what works and what doesn’t with their clientele and make necessary adjustments.  I’m pretty sure Virgin will do this.  Nothing is ever just right from the get  go.  

While I enjoyed the review I do think it was overly critical.  But I’m a realist and I like to see the good and bad, then I can decide if it pertains to me.  There were two things that struck a chord with me.  One was music. I like a variety and I enjoy live music.  I would not like the same techno music playing everywhere on the ship.  The second is the entertainment.  From her description at least, it doesn’t sound like something I would get into ... but who knows in person I might love it.  So I’m open to that.  At least I know to sit in the back!  Lol. 

Anyway don’t be down.  Take all these reviews with a grain of salt.  Remember these are perfect strangers that you may or may not have anything in common with.  They can be good to help set expectations, but overall just try to go with an open mind.   

• Like 1

"...she slid her hand down my leg..."

To characterize that as "groping" or to say she was sexually harassed is quite the stretch.

As for her complete review, there certainly are some disappointing items she has mentioned.  However, I'm not sure that she set the correct expectations when she complains about the food service.  From reading and viewing reviews, it does seem that the sailors on board for these special events were assigned specific times and places to eat, and it appears that the full menus were not in place.   These were trial runs and probably difficult enough to deliver the standard menu items.  Those were not the places for special requests and picking the menu apart.

"You have a 1ft square of floor space to do everything..." because, according to her, the toilet juts out and is incredibly long.  I think this comment is farther distorted than the pictures with her fish-eye lens.  

Surely she didn't enjoy her experience, and obviously VV needs some polish, improvement-- and extra netting for all those drunks dancing on tables or swinging in hammocks who will fall overboard.

Alyssa, I'm on the same Sneak-a-Peek cruise, and I begin to wonder about VV's readiness to serve 2,000 + passengers in just three weeks from now.

Maybe the cancellation of NY was simply an abundance of caution to avoid sickness... 

Or maybe it was a decision because they didn't feel ready to feed the volumes that sold out the dinner/brunch events.

The "sailors" so far have been freebies.  Come March 26th, we are full paying sailors:  our fares were not discounted. I hope they're ready for us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rbt001 said:

"...she slid her hand down my leg..."

To characterize that as "groping" or to say she was sexually harassed is quite the stretch

Very respectfully, the times they are a-changing with regards to people’s personal space. There’s also reading a room. I saw a little clip from the Drag Brunch, and there’s some shenanigans there, but I THINK people in that crowd would be a little more expectant of audience participation and getting targeted by the emcee to sit in your lap and croon at you or whatever.

I get the sense that anything goes in the “Never Sleep Alone” show and will proceed accordingly.

I wouldn’t have expected it in what looks like a scaled-back Cirque number, though.

(I didn’t say sexually harassed, but maybe the blogger did.) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, westguy99 said:

A review from someone who is a little less bitter. Maybe because they got a suite.  

Enjoyed it!  She was fun to watch and seemed to really enjoy herself.  It's interesting because at the end she admitted that she didn't go to the nightclub or shows because they are just not her thing.  She is not a partier.  None the less she still had a great time and thought the ship was super cool.  I loved her suite I must say.  

From all the videos I think the biggest standout of the ship for me is the food.  I honestly didn't expect such variety and innovation and it all looks so good.  SCARLET LADY might just earn the reputation as a real foodies ship, even more so than a party ship.   We shall. see.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eroller said:

Enjoyed it!  She was fun to watch and seemed to really enjoy herself.  It's interesting because at the end she admitted that she didn't go to the nightclub or shows because they are just not her thing.  She is not a partier.  None the less she still had a great time and thought the ship was super cool.  I loved her suite I must say.  

From all the videos I think the biggest standout of the ship for me is the food.  I honestly didn't expect such variety and innovation and it all looks so good.  SCARLET LADY might just earn the reputation as a real foodies ship, even more so than a party ship.   We shall. see.    

Same here...my wife and I are foodies and not huge night clubbers. The shows do look fun though, and I am not worried about anyone sliding their hand on my leg. The ship does not look perfect but still looks intriguing.  We have no plans to cancel our plans. I read and watch all of the reviews for info but don't let it influence my opinion.  I will form my own once I experience the ship myself. The only thing that will stop us is if VV cancels due to the coronavirus. 

11 hours ago, westguy99 said:

A review from someone who is a little less bitter. Maybe because they got a suite.  

Another 'look at my face, not the ship' review. 😕

(Everyone feel free to put me on ignore at this point, I'm definitely in full Eeyore mode.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, flgrl67 said:

Same here...my wife and I are foodies and not huge night clubbers. The shows do look fun though, and I am not worried about anyone sliding their hand on my leg. The ship does not look perfect but still looks intriguing.  We have no plans to cancel our plans. I read and watch all of the reviews for info but don't let it influence my opinion.  I will form my own once I experience the ship myself. The only thing that will stop us is if VV cancels due to the coronavirus. 

Sounds like you have the right attitude!  I'll be on my cruise (not Virgin) in two weeks as well so long as they don't cancel.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

(Everyone feel free to put me on ignore at this point, I'm definitely in full Eeyore mode.)

SCARLET LADY has become an Instagram Paradise!  Lots of opportunities to pose and look at me!  Isn't that what millennials do in their free time?  Maybe Virgin really does know their audience.  🤔🤣   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, eroller said:

SCARLET LADY has become an Instagram Paradise!  Lots of opportunities to pose and look at me!  Isn't that what millennials do in their free time?  Maybe Virgin really does know their audience.  🤔🤣   

Hah. I just never want to see the sparkly room again. 🙂

(I want to see food (BESIDES Gunbae) and cabins!) 

• Haha 1

I'm so conflicted on this. 

Part of me gets excited when I see some of the features of the Scarlet Lady. And part of me, when I read some of the reviews, keeps asking "is this the right cruise for me?"

Pros:

No kids

Solo friendly

The restaurants

The drag queen brunch (I have a fascination with drag queens).

Cons:

The pool

The bathroom

The music

Of course, in the end nothing can be decided cruise-wise until the ear doctor clears me to fly... if not, well, the point is moot because no way am I driving from Dallas to Miami.

Not excusing the negative comments and attitude of "ship mates" as described in that "bad review"... 

But I have to wonder how quickly it wears on ones nerves to host a group of sailors all taking selfies and videos with bright lights and talking loud as they clumsily move about the ship.

Hmmm.... maybe that broken camera during the show wasn't an accident.... 😵

Wait:  I thought you reserved it for a 5AM photo shoot!  Ha!

They really have been pushing Gunbae & Razzle Dazzle.  But the latest video review does show glimpses of the Italian Restaurant's menu.

Alyssa-  check your app:  Activate The Band now works, showing the address where they will mail your bands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

The FB group posters have been showing lots of pics of the food. It all looks amazing and innovative. 

I'm curious as to the public rest room facilities. Early reports implied they where co-ed but there hasn't really been any photos of them. I know the concept has been in place in many European countries but for Americans it's not common and of course we have the hysteria and the politicalization of public restroom use.I know it's quite common in Italy and Germany for 'toilette damas' to be cleaning away while men use the urinals and it been like that for over 50 years. I suppose the setup will be individual toilet cubicles and a common lavatory area,but so far no photos have emerged to verify.

Similarly I noticed in the Thermal suites there are changing cubicles like those in a department store to try on clothes which I assume are not gender specific.

I also assume that the thermal suite IS NOT bathing suit Optional like spas are in Germany.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm curious as to the public rest room facilities. Early reports implied they where co-ed but there hasn't really been any photos of them. I know the concept has been in place in many European countries but for Americans it's not common and of course we have the hysteria and the politicalization of public restroom use.I know it's quite common in Italy and Germany for 'toilette damas' to be cleaning away while men use the urinals and it been like that for over 50 years. I suppose the setup will be individual toilet cubicles and a common lavatory area,but so far no photos have emerged to verify 

These pics were posted today on FB by The Cruise Boys who are currently onboard.  

628F0D8C-F0F0-4973-B5CA-507EB444BB46.jpeg

073E31E5-F984-480A-A83E-F46B630B51E3.jpeg

F2E02593-91CF-4557-999E-30F8844997AF.jpeg

5857381A-B65C-4538-ACA5-6F1EA8E465CA.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eroller said:

These pics were posted today on FB by The Cruise Boys who are currently onboard.  

628F0D8C-F0F0-4973-B5CA-507EB444BB46.jpeg

073E31E5-F984-480A-A83E-F46B630B51E3.jpeg

F2E02593-91CF-4557-999E-30F8844997AF.jpeg

5857381A-B65C-4538-ACA5-6F1EA8E465CA.jpeg

So how many of these individual cubicles are there? This design choice doesn't seem very space efficient.

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

So how many of these individual cubicles are there? This design choice doesn't seem very space efficient.

That looks like a one hole-er to me. It would seem maybe they have various single serve restrooms?