Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

You mean Valiant Lady-Scarlett lady sets sail this May..I am on her in June

I should have been more clear. Scarlet Lady was posted for May 2021 - April 2022....yesterday, they released May 2022 - November 2022 for booking. The prices are 20-30% higher.

Virgin Voyages today announced the launch of its new “Shipload of Love” commitment, giving away 2,021 cruises on the new Scarlet Lady.

Virgin said in a press release that this initiative is meant to pay tribute to "those who have impacted our lives in a meaningful way," with nominations set to open soon for those that may be deserving of a free trip. 

Entrants will be asked to submit a short video on the Shipload of Love website, sharing their personal nomination and demonstrating why their nominee should sail on the Shipload of Love. Virgin will open up the first 1,000 nominations this Sunday, Feb. 14.

Shipload of Love will formally launch on Valentine’s Day, also coinciding with the one-year anniversary of the delivery of the brand's first ship, the Scarlet Lady, which is slated to start service this coming May.

"No good deed is too small, and no individual is to be overlooked," the company said. "Love and beauty exist in the eye of the beholder, including our unsung heroes, who have shown us that their embrace makes the world a better place. To honor the personal heroes that exist in our lives in a multitude of ways, Virgin Voyages is giving away a real Shipload of Love, starting with an open call to nominate a person who has inspired you, cared for you and helped you to navigate this past year for the vacation of a lifetime."

Submissions will be accepted through March 16, 2021. In addition to submitting a video on the Virgin Voyages website, participants are also encouraged to share the love across their social channels.

Virgin said it will soon have news on its third newbuild unveiling her name and new itineraries early in 2021 as well as news on the fleet Guardian and Spirit.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24358-virgin-voyages-giving-away-2-021-free-cruises.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Website down, but it says this...

Pop by later to see exactly why. Trust us, it'll be worth it.

Probably something to do with "SHIP 3...coming tomorrow" (posted yesterday) that is in the Twitter feed.

Maybe it's Richard Branson's commentary on the Harry and Meghan interview....hahaha, I make myself laugh!!

• Haha 1

I'm (fingers crossed) on the July 28th sailing, in a rockstar cabin, which means that as of today Shore Things were supposed to be bookable for me.

And they were...kinda. The app showed 3 options for Miami (all post-cruise), 8 in Key West, and 4 in Bimini. SIGNIFICANTLY fewer than they list on the website where they have 9 in Miami, 27 in Key West, and 11 in Bimini. 

I ended up calling, and they were able to book me the Rockstar Cabana I was wanting on Bimini, which wasn't showing up as an option on the app (but is on the shore excursions page). 

I also asked when restaurant and show reservations would be available for rockstars, and they told me that they would no longer be doing ANY pre-booking for restaurants or show, and that all onboard reservations would happen only once onboard. 😮  Did they fire their app developer or something?? Seems like those of us who are after specific reservations are going to do have to do the mad-dash thing once onboard...not really the most relaxing way to start off a vacation. 

2 hours ago, chloe173 said:

I'm (fingers crossed) on the July 28th sailing, in a rockstar cabin, which means that as of today Shore Things were supposed to be bookable for me.

And they were...kinda. The app showed 3 options for Miami (all post-cruise), 8 in Key West, and 4 in Bimini. SIGNIFICANTLY fewer than they list on the website where they have 9 in Miami, 27 in Key West, and 11 in Bimini. 

I ended up calling, and they were able to book me the Rockstar Cabana I was wanting on Bimini, which wasn't showing up as an option on the app (but is on the shore excursions page). 

I also asked when restaurant and show reservations would be available for rockstars, and they told me that they would no longer be doing ANY pre-booking for restaurants or show, and that all onboard reservations would happen only once onboard. 😮  Did they fire their app developer or something?? Seems like those of us who are after specific reservations are going to do have to do the mad-dash thing once onboard...not really the most relaxing way to start off a vacation. 

I am not surprised. And did they communicate that with all of us?..Nooooo. Virgin has been horrible at communication since day 1. Their website and app have SUCKED since day 1, and still do..

3 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Vaccine required...crew and guests!

Very smart move on Virgin Voyages' part.  If the CDC guidelines for those who are fully vaccinated stay as they are today - then the crew will not necessarily have to play "mask police".  Additionally, if VV mandates vaccines -- following the current US government/CDC's current strong reccomendation -- it will be easier to get approval to sail and start bringing in revenue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...