How many of you cruise without purchasing insurance?

ErickW

I would be comfortable without taking additional insurance in your shoes. But there will always be people on the insurance train that will tell you you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not on a "train" but for $115 my spouse and I are covered for our next 7-day sailing, travel to and from the port and one nights hotel stay. I, personally, would rather have this one-stop policy that having to deal with seperate entities if any emergency should arise. It gives me one less thing to have to worry about.

Also, it’s nice having someone check in on you from the insurance medical staff daily to make sure you’re getting what you need and coordinating any discharge planning needed. When we needed it for my husband’s heart attack, the medical team from the travel insurance called me every day and when he was in ICU, they called twice a day. When we were ready to discharge, they worked with the hospital as to whether he was going to need oxygen for the flight home and was ready to rearrange our flight for us to have a nurse accompany us home with oxygen if needed. It turned out, his pulse oxygen levels stabilized and the medical team and the hospital all agreed extra oxygen was not needed.

But to know someone is looking out for you and your family when you’re in the midst of the crisis yourself is comforting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not on a "train" but for $115 my spouse and I are covered for our next 7-day sailing, travel to and from the port and one nights hotel stay. I, personally, would rather have this one-stop policy that having to deal with seperate entities if any emergency should arise. It gives me one less thing to have to worry about.

I quite agree with you. I have called my CC several times and have yet to connect with someone who can tell and provide me with, if any, coverage for travel.

If it is this difficult to get information upfront, if I need to use the policy, forget it forever... I rather prefer having to make one call and let someone else take over.

Thank goodness, we have yet to ever make a claim, but the comfort of knowing is worth the price...

bon voyage

Only if younger and stupid. I am far from old and have no health issues. However, kids can get sick preventing you from going or even getting ill or injured on the trip. Almost had to cancel due to my son about 4 years ago because he had an ear infection and wasn't sure if he would be able to fly. LOTS of things can happen. Again, if you are OK with risking it and losing out on your nonrefundable costs and your insurance covers you 100% out of the country, then don't get it. If you can answer no to one of those, then the answer is yes get it it. But NOT Carnival's.

Agree on getting it and it not being Carnival, especially if air is involved. Agree less on you being far from old......

Sent from my iPad using Forums