Embassy Suites

Dall

Can someone tell me what to expect for the evening reception, what type of snacks to expect? Are the drinks limited?

Some veggies and dip, chips, pretzels, salsa. Nothing to fancy . Drinks are unlimited from 530 till 730. Well drinks, beer and they will have margaritas,or punch . You can only get 2 drinks at a time.

Can someone tell me what to expect for the evening reception, what type of snacks to expect? Are the drinks limited?

Usually chips/salsa maybe some veggies (they could offer much better but they don't)...I believe only certain type drinks are included and no idea just how many you can have.... Their breakfast is great but the Manager's happy hour not so much..Our experience has only been at the ES in Fort Lauderdale a few times.

When we were there 2 years ago it was Budweiser beer only, one type of wine, and one kind of pre- made mixed drink. We went out to eat instead.

If you are talking about Ft Lauderdale, this is not true. Bud and Bud Light, 3 wines (red, white, white zin), and any mixed drink, although not high end alcohol. We have stayed there 5 times in the last 5 or 6 years.

IME

having been to MANY E' Suites

you should not expect much .....

Do NOT expect to have this take place of dinner, nor expect a full bar .....

You MIGHT get something better than this ..... something great even. I have a time or two LONG ago .... but IME 9 of 10 times you'll get a weak drink and a couple of pretzels ..... and when the one bottle runs dry, game over.

Plan on going someplace for dinner .....

The reception varies WIDELY from place to place .....

IME

having been to MANY E' Suites

you should not expect much .....

Do NOT expect to have this take place of dinner, nor expect a full bar .....

You MIGHT get something better than this ..... something great even. I have a time or two LONG ago .... but IME 9 of 10 times you'll get a weak drink and a couple of pretzels ..... and when the one bottle runs dry, game over.

Plan on going someplace for dinner .....

The reception varies WIDELY from place to place .....

This. I've been to ES all over the place and some where as bad as popcorn, draft beer, and jug wine. I've never been to one where you could substitute dinner. Residence Inn, yes, ES no.

I wouldn't plan on trying to make a meal of it.

Duffys, Gilberts, and Five Guys are right behind the restaurant and you can eat cheap there.

This. I've been to ES all over the place and some where as bad as popcorn, draft beer, and jug wine. I've never been to one where you could substitute dinner. Residence Inn, yes, ES no.

I wouldn't plan on trying to make a meal of it.

Duffys, Gilberts, and Five Guys are right behind the restaurant and you can eat cheap there.

It all depends on what you want to eat...we do occasionally use the ES food to replace dinner. We also occasionally supplement with purchased hors d'oeuvrers. But we are big lunch eaters.

We have also seen much larger food spreads in the past. Washington Convention Center ES used to do pizza and other hot dishes. Orlando Buena Vista was doing a couple extra items each night just last March...pulled pork tacos, things like that.

You can't speak for everyone.

It all depends on what you want to eat...we do occasionally use the ES food to replace dinner. We also occasionally supplement with purchased hors d'oeuvrers. But we are big lunch eaters.

We have also seen much larger food spreads in the past. Washington Convention Center ES used to do pizza and other hot dishes. Orlando Buena Vista was doing a couple extra items each night just last March...pulled pork tacos, things like that.

You can't speak for everyone.

I wasn't aware I was speaking for everyone.

We have found that if you tip the bar tender( we always do) you will get a bigger pour. If you are concerned about watered down alcohol, stick with wine or beer but realize you get what you pay for. ie "free". We like sitting outside with our drinks and snacks. They will change out snacks at times. We stay often and never have seen heavy" snacks that could substitute for dinner unlike some other chains we use. The location of ES is great as there are restaurants within easy walking distance that range from fast food to upscale. You can also walk to the waterfront to dockside dining and feed the tarpons. There is also a Publix to pick up wine, soda and water. Great pool. Not crazy about their hot tub, and a great breakfast but remember that everyone is going between 7-9. You can carry your breakfast back up to your rooms if you cant find seating in the massive atrium. You can also use the seating in the restaurant. Enjoy!