$79 for We Will Rock You VIP show!!!!

gaylemh

Love WWRY and go to see it every time I'm on Anthem, but I would never pay $79 to see a show on a ship, unless it came with a speciality dinner, drinks, and reserved seats.

That's not what this is really about though. It's the fact that they changed peoples reservations to charge $79 for the same show 3 days before their cruise. If they make it a choice for future booking, that's up to the people if they want to pay, but you don't do this to people 3 days before their cruise.

Yes, right! that is the point. Now today is too. late to make changes

I know this is an extra event , but I really hope they don't start charging for shows in general. I forget if it's Carnival or NCL but not all of their shows are included. That would suck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

NCL has some dinner shows that they charge for . I don't think CCL has gotten there yet but on some ships they have Hasbro game show as the main entertainment some nights. I wouldn't want to attend that for free.

Bill

Yes, right! that is the point. Now today is too. late to make changes

Joaniet, Hopefully when you get on the ship you will be able to get a reservation. Do it as soon as you get on. I know on all my other 13 Anthem sailings they held slots open for those that didn't already book.

I just check the planner for our Allure cruise coming up on Feb 4 and sure enough the option for Mamma Mia is there.

I wonder how many people had their reservations cancelled as it looks like a certain number of seats have been made available for each performance. I hope this fails miserably.

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

We are on Ovation in May and have heard a rumour that they charge for ifly, something that was free on Anthem, I hope it's not true as it's one of the reasons we booked Ovation.

They charge for it on Quantum.

Seeing the bridge on a ship is something folks might only get one chance to experience. Remember, for many, their cruise may be their first and only cruise they expect to take. We have meet many who did the bridge tour ( for the first time) or all access tour and loved the experience. I easily remember our first bridge tour. It was well before 9/11 - a port was missed and a bridge tour was offered to anyone who wanted it. You waited in line and they took anyone in for 10 minutes or so. Of course that would NEVER happen today. Security, big ships ( too many people to accommodate) etc.

Many of us are frequent cruisers and have had many opportunities to see the bridge, galley, backstage, studio B. etc. Because we've gone on or have had offers of tours on most every cruise, we wouldn't pay if that became the only option, but I know many others will ( and do) .

M

They have greatly reduced the price of the All Access Tour (almost halved it) because apparently they had priced themselves out of the market.

I wouldn't be surprised if this started to happen across all lines. If one can pull it off successfully, the others will follow suit.

As a wife and mother of 4, aside from the magic of being on the ocean and seeing multiple destinations in one vacation, a big part of the appeal of cruising for me is that everything is taken care of. For one week I don't have to cook or clean - that's a real vacation for me. All I need to do is hang out with my family and relax (I do not let my kids run wild when on vacation - they are with me or at the kids club and they are behaving).

But if the lines start to do this, that will be the end of cruising for our family. A change like that would certainly push our family to the all-inclusive land vacation option.

As Canadians, our exchange has been generally unfavourable which means that everything costs that much more for us in the first place. I remember the year I cruised Enchantment it was around 1.45 - all of a sudden that $8 drink is close to $12 and that's before the credit card charges you 2.5% for doing the conversion. It all adds up and quickly when you have to pay for every little thing on top of the base fare.

But let's hope it doesn't go that way and MDR / majority of entertainment / housekeeping remain part of base fare as they should be.

You REALLY need to get a credit card that does not charge conversion fees!!!! There are many. :o

So true, I got tickets to see Hamilton in Denver for less than $79/person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live 10 miles from Broadway, it’s cheaper to fly into another city and get tickets than trying to see it here! My sister lives in Chicago and has seen it twice.

Joaniet, Hopefully when you get on the ship you will be able to get a reservation. Do it as soon as you get on. I know on all my other 13 Anthem sailings they held slots open for those that didn't already book.

Thank you! I appreciate all the support from everyone! I've had a few chuckles over the past 20 hrs or so & it really helps a lot.

Damn show probably won't compare to when I saw it with Jimmy in London anyway. I'm glad I posted to all about this B.S. Loyal to Royals need to let corporate know they don't have limitless power to change things just to turn a buck!

PS look forward to meeting you Gaylemh. Seems we have something in common-I read in one of your posts about how you really enjoy dressing up when you cruise. Me too! I even put a rock'n roll outfit together for the evening show I was bumped out of. I will still wear it.

Thank you! I appreciate all the support from everyone! I've had a few chuckles over the past 20 hrs or so & it really helps a lot.

Damn show probably won't compare to when I saw it with Jimmy in London anyway. I'm glad I posted to all about this B.S. Loyal to Royals need to let corporate know they don't have limitless power to change things just to turn a buck!

PS look forward to meeting you Gaylemh. Seems we have something in common-I read in one of your posts about how you really enjoy dressing up when you cruise. Me too! I even put a rock'n roll outfit together for the evening show I was bumped out of. I will still wear it.

RCCL really does a great job with the show. I've heard a few people comment that is was better than the original in London. I guess it all depends on the cast. I've seen 3 different ones, some are better than others, but all were good. Just make sure you stay to the very end. When you think it's over, it's not. Everyone gets up to leave and they miss one of the best parts of the show.

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Guess what !! Also on my upcoming Allure sailing. I wouldn't even go see Mama Mia ! when it was free. I SURE as he** won't be going for $79 PP.

What a slap in the face.

Same just showed up on my Allure trip for May. We had already made reservations for one of the nights which is now bookable for the upchargw, haven’t received a cancellation message. Interestingly we are in a suite so wonder how that will work - will these shows still have the reserved suite seating or is that the area they will be using for the upcharge...??

Went to Cats matinee on recent Oasis cruise (before you read me the riot act - it was cold, cloudy and windy with little else to do.) It was our 6th time on Oasis and the first time at the show. Place was packed. At intermission, they invited anyone up to the stage to meet Jellicle Cat for a photo op.

M

It was Old Deuteronomy! I've got a pic of me and my husband with him and I love it but I sure wouldn't pay for it! lol

We did the free backstage theatre tour and met the person who plays cassandra in cats and it was really interesting (with practice it takes her an hour to put her makeup on!) but again... wouldn't pay for it.

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

We are on Ovation in May and have heard a rumour that they charge for ifly, something that was free on Anthem, I hope it's not true as it's one of the reasons we booked Ovation.

They charge for it on Quantum.

iFly on Ovation for our April cruise is $29 which is $4 higher than the local iFly here in Seattle.

Today's pay for a show grumblings sound like pay for a specialty dinner grumblings from the past. Twenty years ago everyone griped about a $5.00 charge for a steak. Today it's $50.00 for a steak dinner and you have to make your reservations on day one to get a table. The sad part is not the charge but the fact that so many will willingly pay for it. The ships are now marketing to the under 30 crowd that seem to never run out of cc credit.

Today's pay for a show grumblings sound like pay for a specialty dinner grumblings from the past. Twenty years ago everyone griped about a $5.00 charge for a steak. Today it's $50.00 for a steak dinner and you have to make your reservations on day one to get a table. The sad part is not the charge but the fact that so many will willingly pay for it. The ships are now marketing to the under 30 crowd that seem to never run out of cc credit.

True-in part. I never argued against RCCL selling a show or anything else they can sell for a premium fee. I suppose the new thing will be you get understudies (like a lower grade steak) if you get complimentary shows/food. Or you can pay to see the first run actors including a drink, great seat and photo (like choice grade steak with all the fixins) Well fine let the idiot suckers plunk down the money.

My complaint is that RCCL actively TOOK AWAY my, and many others, RSVPs that were in place. Some, I'm certain like mine had been planned for months. Then to add insult to injury they did it on the day the planner closed-5:00 at night by e-mail! Right before my sail date. Very harsh!

It is not fair-honorable to take away my rsvp because now they can make some extra dough! No one can m,ake me accept it.

I paid for a cruise which came with evening theatre shows-One which I really wanted to see. I made my rsvps before I paid final, & now tough on us? So I guess I have no recourse. They are just simply out of control!!!

It was Old Deuteronomy! I've got a pic of me and my husband with him and I love it but I sure wouldn't pay for it! lol

We did the free backstage theatre tour and met the person who plays cassandra in cats and it was really interesting (with practice it takes her an hour to put her makeup on!) but again... wouldn't pay for it.

Same for us. Great pics of Old Deuteronomy. :)

And same for the (free!) backstage tour.

:)

This is what the should do offer slots for people that would like to meet the cast and possibly have better seats and not turn 1 of the 3 shows into a "Pay per View" event.

It may be for all 3 shows. Was looking at my Allure cruise planner for Easter and just noticed That Mamma Mia has the same $79 charge. When I do a mock booking all 3 dates come up under the charge. I guess these folks will get the premium seats which I have to assume are in front and center.

True-in part. I never argued against RCCL selling a show or anything else they can sell for a premium fee. I suppose the new thing will be you get understudies (like a lower grade steak) if you get complimentary shows/food. Or you can pay to see the first run actors including a drink, great seat and photo (like choice grade steak with all the fixins) Well fine let the idiot suckers plunk down the money.

My complaint is that RCCL actively TOOK AWAY my, and many others, RSVPs that were in place. Some, I'm certain like mine had been planned for months. Then to add insult to injury they did it on the day the planner closed-5:00 at night by e-mail! Right before my sail date. Very harsh!

It is not fair-honorable to take away my rsvp because now they can make some extra dough! No one can m,ake me accept it.

I paid for a cruise which came with evening theatre shows-One which I really wanted to see. I made my rsvps before I paid final, & now tough on us? So I guess I have no recourse. They are just simply out of control!!!

joaniet, go to guest services when you're on board with the cancellation and tell them you're super bummed and were really looking forward to seeing the show and ask if there's anything they can do to help.

We had a comedy show booked and they cancelled that show to put on the family show in the main theatre. I thought there was no way they'd be able to help given the comedy show fills up, but they made it happen.