Brazil E visa is live for USA

dolfndreams

We received the emails with our evisas less than 72 hours after submitting the paperwork.

That's great news!

Question: Have you already gone on your trip to Brazil? There are some people reporting that they are being told that immigration at the cruise ship terminals won't accept these eVisas, but no actual reports of anyone being denied entry...so I'm quite sure are simply being told this by people who are unfamiliar with the new eVisa process. It would be great to hear some verified reports of people having no problems with their eVisas. :)

We go in December.

Our TA confirmed with the cruise line that the evisa is acceptable.

We arrive in Brazil 6 days before our cruise.

Got it. Yes, I'm sure there will not be a problem - I read every single bit of info on that website, including the FAQ, and it's quite clear that these are valid visas for entry to Brazil for tourism. So I'm confident that anyone who is saying that they won't be accepted just isn't aware of what they are. I suspect they are confused by the term "eVisa", where they are thinking all you have is something online. No...you get a piece of paper that you must print out and put in your passport, and that's your visa.

Happy to help! I'm curious how long it will take as well. But I expect it will take no more than five days, because the FAQ says to contact them if more than five business days have passed and you don't have it yet. I'll be able to tell you in...five days! :)

My cruise leaves in January too. I was advised by my TA to apply for my visa asap, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about this new eVisa, since it's only been available since January. I read that prior to this process, obtaining a Brazilian visa could be time consuming, and required a visit to a consulate. It seems this new process has solved that problem. But if I were you I'd go ahead and apply now anyway. It's good for two years.

What ship are you on? I'll be on Crystal Symphony, Rio to Buenos Aires, Jan. 24 - Feb 3.

It is only good for 2 years? That is disappointing as we plan to return a few times on land trips. I may get good at applying for their visa!!

Holland America Prinsendam RT Fort Lauderdale Jan 4-Mar 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you plan to return multiple times, it might make more sense to pay $160 for the regular visa, which is good for 10 years.

I agree. Of course it depends on your time frames - at only $44, and considering the ease of the application process, if you will only need a visa for 4 years or less, then it might just be easier to keep getting these eVisas. But if you think you'll be doing a lot of travel there over the next several years then yes, I'd agree that getting a consulate visa would be the best bet.

What do you mean carry with you at all times? I don't tour a city with my passport in hand.

You should always have a copy with you when in a foreign country. You should print out two copies of the eVisa - leave one in your passport, carry the other with your passport copy.

You should always have a copy with you when in a foreign country. You should print out two copies of the eVisa - leave one in your passport, carry the other with your passport copy.

That is what we have. Printed 2 each for both my husband and I. Glad you had no problem with your eVisa. We attempted it severely times and got ours last week. We won't need it until December but thought we'd do it early in case of problems.

Wish we had your instruction when we were doing it. The fellow I talked to on the phone told me that I shouldn't use the Apple, even when I used Chrome, and to go to a friend who has a PC and to use Chrome.

Well that was fast! I got my Brazilian visa already. It comes as a PDF, which you have to print out and carry with you at all times.

Super easy process!

THANK YOU very much for the detailed information. Your helpful post has provided the information I needed.

Well that was fast! I got my Brazilian visa already. It comes as a PDF, which you have to print out and carry with you at all times.

Super easy process!

WOW! That was fast!! Congrats! I need to start my application soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Leejnd4 for the instructions. Tried repeatedly to upload a photo I had taken of my passport and one of me with my Android phone. Every time I uploaded it, the website rotated them so that they were sideways! Finally I printed them from my phone, scanned them, then uploaded them and it worked perfectly! Just hope they are good enough for the authorities.

If you plan to return multiple times, it might make more sense to pay $160 for the regular visa, which is good for 10 years.

Note:

The multi-entry e-visa for U$44 is good for 2 years. (total U$220 and 5 application processes for 10 years)

The "regular" and still-available multi-entry visa for U$160 is good for 10 years.

....so it depends on your plans which you apply for....

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

• 1 month later...

Anyone have trouble registering on the evisa application site with VFS? You have to register by providing an email address and setting up a password. Fine. I did that. Then it says to activate your registration from an email they send you. No email. I called their help line and they said to wait 2 hours for them to send that activation link email. Sigh.

I guess in today's world of everything being done electronically, being told to wait 2 hours when everything else is within 2 minutes is crazy and annoying.

Anyone have trouble registering on the evisa application site with VFS? You have to register by providing an email address and setting up a password. Fine. I did that. Then it says to activate your registration from an email they send you. No email. I called their help line and they said to wait 2 hours for them to send that activation link email. Sigh.

I guess in today's world of everything being done electronically, being told to wait 2 hours when everything else is within 2 minutes is crazy and annoying.

Please let us know if you get the email (update). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I did notice that sometimes the emails from this system take a long time. It's odd - sometimes they come immediately, sometimes it takes a couple of hours.

I got my Visa a few weeks ago, but I just helped my friend get hers this weekend. She too had issues with their emails. She registered a few weeks ago but was waiting for her new passport. Then when she got it, she was unable to log into her VFS account - the password she thought she'd used didn't work. So she clicked the link to get a new password, but it took over two hours for the email to show up. Once it did, she had to change her password and then get ANOTHER email to "activate" her account - but that one came instantly. Weird.

She was able to log in, and we got her application submitted. We had some challenges with her picture - first it was too big, then too small - but we eventually got it submitted. And then she got her Visa in less than two days!

It took over 5 hours to get the email, but then I was able to activate and log in this morning. I had a bit of trouble uploading/sizing the passport page photo, but the visa photo itself was easier, although the first time I pulled in my photo (right side up), it placed it sideways and I had to fool around awhile before I could get it pulled in right side up. Then it was easy to place inside the face outline they give you.

Still not sure about the passport page if they will accept it or not. Made payment via visa card okay, and now will wait to see. Submitted and got a confirmation number.

It's a bit of a cumbersome site to slog through, but it beats the alternative.

Glad to see this is working for everyone! One thing I noticed is that they've changed the template for the passport info page. When I did it, it was landscape-shaped, so they only wanted the bottom page (with your pic and info on it). Now it's portrait shaped, so they want the whole thing - blank top page, and the bottom page with your pic on it. When I submitted mine, I just put in the bottom page and it worked. But when I did my friend's application this weekend, we included both pages (to fit in the portrait template). And she got her Visa approved.

So when you take a pic of your passport, make sure you are getting BOTH pages.