Live Trip Report - Celebrity Equinox - Jan 27 thru Feb 3

clj7181

We just got off Equinox when you got aboard - Saturday 1/27 - your pictures make me want to go back.

World Class Bar had best cocktails, although at Premium pkg prices, try the Strawberry Fields, not as sweet as it looks. Enjoy

I have had that one - it was great - Sailors Crush is currently our #1 drink

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey CLJ(sorry I haven’t seen your name posted anywhere)!

I know it’s a big ask but any chance you could snap a picture of the slush menu/prices next time you are there? Loving your review so far! :)

Here you go - drinking a Berry Basil Daiquiri right now. Also have tried the mint cookie and sweet tart - all the drinks from there have been good so far. 671ede8bbfb35cf1ba2e2f9bb9e8c5c7.jpg

705c4a83cbd3666f1f526e7a912685cd.jpg

Oh wow ! Thanks so much for taking the time on your holiday to snap that :)

We have the classic drinks package but those look so good I’ll have to pay the difference!

So far the daily cocktail specials all seem to be within the CBP limit - maybe one of these will make an appearance.

Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed review. I'm eating it up. We'll be sailing on Celebrity for the first time this June. Can't wait to experience the Equinox for ourselves.

I thought I'd read elsewhere that the Hot Glass show was going away but the pics of the signs you posted give the impression that maybe this is just a renovation. What are you hearing on board?

~Brian

I also tied the pork belly. The outside was crispy - it was good - but a bit odd.

347f6a8d37b6c8212141fed3c37ad3fe.jpg

Main course was my lamb and mom’s veal - both tender and cooked well - but mom actually preferred her filet tonight.

f1e91f53d4e839c816680b1d48c945c7.jpg

6f3fd4e382eb3b7a82e436daf0a02bff.jpg

The best part of any meal is coming up - dessert!

9e1fe0f11faf617c234fe63907f2626c.jpg

380c7ef5950f0ebbdefa3efe554c34fc.jpg

Compliments of the chef - macaroons are my favorite - poor mom didn’t have a chance - I snatched on to it right away.

0395637a39c438b6dc8950b9602f804b.jpg

We just booked Murano based on your review. Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed review. I'm eating it up. We'll be sailing on Celebrity for the first time this June. Can't wait to experience the Equinox for ourselves.

I thought I'd read elsewhere that the Hot Glass show was going away but the pics of the signs you posted give the impression that maybe this is just a renovation. What are you hearing on board?

~Brian

I have not heard anything for the most part - one person heard it was a new company coming in with stuff to sell so the area would bring in income.

Here is what the area looked like this morning.

32675f239b9186686fd7fda36eed80e2.jpg

Mom is at the pool - Beyond the Podium round 2 - with where the screen is may want to get here early to get in the middle.

efba22ce48428065586c8bc3a8d1a347.jpg

This morning I did the navigation one with the staff captain - he is moving to the Edge next as her Staff Captain. Mom shopped - there was some sale and it was mass chaos - I should have gotten a picture!

04f4b7ea61037a14480a643666b6b987.jpg

Gastro Bar menus - at least mixed drinks and beer.

f99e0d33bd01056c940b5583d911bca1.jpg

ea24561f8b4f7b8f2c02c078ffb8f057.jpg

I know Stella is $10 and this guy was $10 - so over the classic. I know I personally have gotten my money out of the premium drink package.

20a8ec5ea6342b654b5757dbf6f0f23f.jpg

We've never seen a picture of the Gastropub beer menu - many thanks! I showed this to my DH and now he's even more excited to leave in a week! Question - the premium beverage package says it includes "craft and artisan beers" and doesn't indicate any maximum price - does that mean all of those beers are included?? Some of them are very expensive!

My family is enjoying this one - I am NOT a beach person. It’s fine for sunrise/sunset but not my thing but scheduled one for mom.

For our Cozumel day we did Nachicocom (more to come) and I went in about knee deep to see how warm/cold the water was for about 3-4 minutes - in that time I got stung by a Jelly Fish. They had no vinegar or anything for a sting (odd since they had a kitchen) - the lady asked if I wanted to go to the hospital - I was like - no - just an annoying sting.

Here is this morning about 50 hours later and it still hurts.

b4259e2428b6cab42d339f8928173615.jpg

Can you feel the love from my sister...

68cdab68c0b295a59a2f5d80594530b8.jpg

We've never seen a picture of the Gastropub beer menu - many thanks! I showed this to my DH and now he's even more excited to leave in a week! Question - the premium beverage package says it includes "craft and artisan beers" and doesn't indicate any maximum price - does that mean all of those beers are included?? Some of them are very expensive!

They told me $13 max and the difference over that.