Cruise port Barcelona to Sants Train Station

wlbox

What time should we get off the ship to reach the 9:45 train? Do you go through customs in Barcelona? This is a Transatlantic cruise. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always travel by train - so leave the ship and go straight to Sants Station. The taxi journey is around 20 euro. It seems expensive but I think that the extras - Sunday morning/port supplement/ suitcases add up.

Everyone seems to be queuing up for the train 30 mins ahead of time ( not sure why but we join them) you also have to have your luggage scanned so be early.

For an 8.30 train on a Sunday morning we have left the ship at 6.30 (ship docked at 5 am) We took breakfast (fruit and yogurt) to our room the night before and we carried our own luggge off. At that time there was no queue for the taxi and no traffic.

So by 7 am we are in the station -far too early but not stressed about missing t he train.

Now for a 9.45 departure there will be more people leaving with you so there possibly will be a taxi queue. I would certainly self disembark and no later than 7.30.

Anybody else know what the queues are like at this time to disagree with me?

Ah - just re read your question. A transatlantic - you would have to do immigration. You would surely have to leave more time but others who hfs done transatlantics would be better placed to comment If it were me, I would be off the ship as soon as I could and prefer sitting having coffee in Sants station than being Ina queue for a taxi at the port.

Edited by ollienbertsmum

• 2 years later...

Should be ok. Ride is about 15 min. And having at least 20-30 min before train departure (finding the platform & small security lineup for Intercity trains) not a bad idea. So any cab before 9:30 is ok. And more likely ship will be there before 8am so 8 is actual disembark time. Count 10 min at most to get to taxi stand

For a 10:15 train, I wouldn't cut it that close. I'd be among the first off the ship. 

Granted, our situation was unusual, but the taxi line didn't move !  Not sure what went wrong that day, but only one taxi would appear and it was every 5 minutes or so.  We stood in line for over an hr with about 300 people ahead of us.  We ended up taking a shuttle service to the airport instead. 

Best to prepare for the worst and wait at the station, than miss the train.  Unless your tickets can be used at any time.

Port bus (3 euro) to Columbus statue area, then Metro L3 from Drassanes to Sants.  If your timing doesn't allow, take a taxi as others recommended.  There were plenty of taxis waiting when we disembarked, although we waited around and didn't leave ship until ~11.

• 2 weeks later...