Suite Amenities on Princess

Mekka

My wife and I have never sailed on Princess, but are looking at a Princess cruise that fits our plans very nicely. I'm trying to decide whether or not Princess is a good fit for us.

We have mostly cruised on upscale lines (mainly Silversea and Crystal). We are thinking of booking a Princess cruise that will bring us home from a land trip in Europe. It would be on the new Sky Princess, which I understand is similar to the Royal, Regal and Majestic. We've never cruised on a ship anywhere nearly that big and are concerned that it might seem extremely crowded and impersonal. I have a tentative booking in an Owner's Suite on the Sky Princess and am trying to decide if I should keep it.

If you could help with a few questions, we would really appreciate it.

1. What suite amenities does Princess offer? Is there a special lounge or dining area? Is there a butler? Are there any other perks that are worth noting? Does the Owner's Suite have any special arrangements?

2. Does Princess offer ballroom dancing?

3. How crowded is the gym?

4. Is laundry included with a suite?

5. In general, how crowded is the ship? I really don't like waiting in lines or feeling rushed to get a good seat in the theater or on an excursion. I'm concerned that a big ship may create a feeling of competing for scarce resources all of the time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/staterooms/default-suite.html

The above is from the Princess web site and links to their pdf file of all suite amenities.

3 Princess cruises for us so far, the gym is full but not crowded early in the morning, otherwise not crowded at all from my limited experience.

We had few crowds or lines...Japanese immigration was the worst, but that moved quickly and was well organized. Otherwise, no lines beyond a person or two. Seating in the International Cafe is sadly lacking.....

My wife and I have never sailed on Princess, but are looking at a Princess cruise that fits our plans very nicely. I'm trying to decide whether or not Princess is a good fit for us.

We have mostly cruised on upscale lines (mainly Silversea and Crystal). We are thinking of booking a Princess cruise that will bring us home from a land trip in Europe. It would be on the new Sky Princess, which I understand is similar to the Royal, Regal and Majestic. We've never cruised on a ship anywhere nearly that big and are concerned that it might seem extremely crowded and impersonal. I have a tentative booking in an Owner's Suite on the Sky Princess and am trying to decide if I should keep it.

If you could help with a few questions, we would really appreciate it.

1. What suite amenities does Princess offer? Is there a special lounge or dining area? Is there a butler? Are there any other perks that are worth noting? Does the Owner's Suite have any special arrangements? The owners suite has same perks as other suites on the ship. You will get priority boarding; Club Class dining, free laundry, bottles of water everyday, mini bar setup, fruit basket and hor dourve's delivered everyday; club class dining; which is a special section of dining room reserved for suite guests; you will not have to wait to be seated; breakfast each morning in one of the specialty dining venues; again no wait to be seated, special lounge for suite and elite guests.

2. Does Princess offer ballroom dancing? They may offer it depending on how many sign up. I have seen ballroom dancing offered on my cruise

3. How crowded is the gym? That will depend on when you go

4. Is laundry included with a suite? Yes, free laundry for suite guests

5. In general, how crowded is the ship? I really don't like waiting in lines or feeling rushed to get a good seat in the theater or on an excursion. I'm concerned that a big ship may create a feeling of competing for scarce resources all of the time. Since this is a new ship and its a transatlantic crossing; there will most likely be a lot of people onboard. That said; I have never felt crowded on any ship I've been on and I have been on the large megaships

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have highlighted my answers above; hope this helps

Suites get free Specialty Restaurant dining the first night.

Club Class Dining has a higher server to guest ratio than the regular dining room. Servers are very attentive and give their recommendations for the menu. There is usually a special dish each night only for Club Class. Chocolate strawberries and petit fours were also available every night.

Princess is lacking in suite amenities compared to most lines. NCL which is comparable mass market line has Butlers and specialty restaurants for breakfast AND lunch. Also they have a concierge which Princess doesn't. Princess has a good experience for the money except when you're talking about the owners suite. Bigger digs is the biggest perk.

• Like 1

Princess is lacking in suite amenities compared to most lines. NCL which is comparable mass market line has Butlers and specialty restaurants for breakfast AND lunch. Also they have a concierge which Princess doesn't. Princess has a good experience for the money except when you're talking about the owners suite. Bigger digs is the biggest perk.

FYI - Royal class ships have a suite lounge with concierge, snacks, coffees, juices, etc. Not up to the standards of Celebrity or Royal Caribbean or NCL, etc their suite perks, but they're getting there...

FYI - Royal class ships have a suite lounge with concierge, snacks, coffees, juices, etc..

You mean that little interior room with no windows that seats maybe 20? The snacks that are nothing to write home about. Most of day without someone in attendance except happy hour where they do serve well drinks complimentary. It's really not worth the price of a suite. Oh the Concierge does make a appearance for a few staggered hours each day. Celebrity has Micheal's lounge with complimentary drinks which was a nicer room then RCL's. Princess suites do not lavish one with perks but I still book them for the larger real estate and the shower which is separate from the tub.

• 6 months later...
You mean that little interior room with no windows that seats maybe 20? The snacks that are nothing to write home about. Most of day without someone in attendance except happy hour where they do serve well drinks complimentary. It's really not worth the price of a suite. Oh the Concierge does make a appearance for a few staggered hours each day. Celebrity has Micheal's lounge with complimentary drinks which was a nicer room then RCL's. Princess suites do not lavish one with perks but I still book them for the larger real estate and the shower which is separate from the tub.

This is the first I've read that during happy hour there are complimentary well drinks in the suite lounge.....can anyone else confirm that this is true on the Regal?

This is the first I've read that during happy hour there are complimentary well drinks in the suite lounge.....can anyone else confirm that this is true on the Regal?
I've never seen it onboard the Royal when cruising in a full suite.

No. It's not true. Suite passengers can attend the evening cocktail event along with Platinum and Elite passengers, but they have to buy their drinks just like everyone else.

No. It's not true. Suite passengers can attend the evening cocktail event along with Platinum and Elite passengers, but they have to buy their drinks just like everyone else.

I thought I read that the Regal had a special lounge different than the normal Platinum and Elite event.

I thought I read that the Regal had a special lounge different than the normal Platinum and Elite event.
There is a concierge lounge for the use of full suite cruisers on Royal class ships: however, there are no alcoholic beverages served.

Cruising on a full suite on a mass market line is not the same as cruising on a luxury line. There is a reason you are paying a premium price point. I enjoy Princess and love her new ships. But if your only experience cruising is silver sea and crystal and you are already asking about crowds, I think the size of the ship will bother you. You will wait for elevators at peak times (I have never experienced this on a luxury line). You will need to get your theater seats early. There will be lines to disembark for excursions. The sanctuary gets booked immediately for sea days. Pool decks on sea days are extremely crowded.

Princess has many loyal followers. Between suites and elites, many of the so called priority benefits are not realistic. There are lots of reports of laundry turn around being limited due to demand.

If you wish to try a mass market line, the Haven experience at NCL is far closer to crystal with its ship within a ship concept than the suite experience on Princess.

Like you crowds bother me. However, I find there is enough I love about the newer princess ships that compensates for this dislike. I’ve learned to avoid midship elevators at peak times, get reservations early for things I want to do and Not rush off the ship at every port. For its food, comfort and value, I think Princess is a great line.

Keep doing your homework and think about what is most important. Good luck!

Okay, thanks for clarifying, are there reduced prices during the evening cocktail event?

Okay, thanks for clarifying, are there reduced prices during the evening cocktail event?

Yes, the "special" drinks are $6.50 instead of $8 or $9. It's a small list of special drinks. All the regular bar drinks are also available at full price.