Royal retreat pool area

mameeo

18 minutes ago, brightfeather said:

How much are the Retreat area cabanas for like a port day?  Where do we go to reserve one?

Thank you! 

Diane 😀

Retreat pool cabana $80 per day.  Same as sea days, $40 per half day, I think. I only did full days because I tend to enjoy pool time from 10-3 and half days end/start at noon (again, I think that's right. I just know the hours didn't work for us).

Edited by jennybenny
Clarified for retreat pool area

8 minutes ago, brightfeather said:

How much are the Retreat area cabanas for like a port day?  Where do we go to reserve one?

Thank you! 

Diane 😀

Here are prices for the Sanctuary cabanas from last April and some photos. I’m not sure how much the Retreat ones were. The Retreat cabanas were not really used during our cruise. I think because most sea days were cool there. You reserve both cabanas at the Sanctuary entrance.  

C514F80D-4EF0-45DC-B285-09E52340967C.jpeg

44D7035C-3FE9-4D2A-85B3-6F7EEE8B1906.jpeg

3A8BF8FF-CCA8-4B87-BD31-3DBD838F7EB4.jpeg

0E74CED3-C273-4BA9-8676-A65AD96B11E9.jpeg

E27BD4DD-110B-48F7-BAC6-C4334F9F646B.jpeg

EA8068C2-F116-4E84-AE7C-FD04C59D3E5A.jpeg

5 hours ago, Rocket Girl AZ said:

That's too bad to hear!  How so?  

Put suites/balcony cabins on the outside of the pool, so now the pool itself is down in a hole with only a few chairs around it, and if you want direct sun most of the day, you have to go up on deck 18.  To us it's a worse space than it used to be.  But they wanted more cabins to sell.  I actually cancelled a booking on the Sky for April and moved to the Royal for this reason.

We'll do the Sky again if it's the only option, but if we can book the Royal/Regal, we will choose that one first.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, Rocket Girl AZ said:

Hi!  

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to know more about the Retreat if anyone sees this.  We are sailing on the Royal mid March and don't really care for the loud and boisterous atmosphere of the main pools.  I basically plan to spend ALL my free time either at the Retreat or Sanctuary, assuming the weather is nice.  Does the area fill up with reserved deck chairs by 7 am?  Is it worth buying a cabana?  Are they available for pre-reservation or only after boarding?  Would I be better off buying a Sanctuary pass for sun protection?  

I pretty much live in the Solarium on Celebrity, and the chairs can be hard to come by if you're not there at the crack of dawn.  I mostly wonder if this is the same?  

On both of my cruises we showed up in the early afternoon and had no problems getting a chair. I’ll find out again in a few weeks.

20 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Put suites/balcony cabins on the outside of the pool, so now the pool itself is down in a hole with only a few chairs around it, and if you want direct sun most of the day, you have to go up on deck 18.  To us it's a worse space than it used to be.  But they wanted more cabins to sell.  I actually cancelled a booking on the Sky for April and moved to the Royal for this reason.

We'll do the Sky again if it's the only option, but if we can book the Royal/Regal, we will choose that one first.

Oh!  Good to know.  I was on a ship with the spa pool like that.  Can't remember which one?  It was nice and quiet, but you're right - not super sunny and felt more like it was inside than outside.  

This thread has some great information! Thank you everyone for sharing. I had only seen the "sanctuary pool" type area like on The Emerald and will be on the Royal to Mexico! This is something we totally need to hang out near. When we went to Mexico last time the sanctuary adult pool area was always filled and the other pools were filled with kids. I hope to be able to get a cabanda for a day! 

Do you know where I need to go to sign up for one? Thanks