Worried about "W" suite guarantee

Tiggercat

I was excited to get a great price for a "W" suite guarantee on our upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise because there were a bunch of suites available...I thought our chances of getting upgraded would be much better. However, now...with 40+ days until our cruise, only a few suites are still available and only 1 jr. suite. Has anyone ever not been given less than a jr suite with the guarantee? Our friends are in the same situation on the same sailing and now I am starting to get nervous.

Don't go by what you see on the website as being available. Not all available staterooms appear there.

I can only remember one person reporting initially gettting less than a JS, and that was some sort of strange situation that the company eventually made right. I would not be worried.

Don't go by what you see on the website as being available. Not all available staterooms appear there.

I can only remember one person reporting initially gettting less than a JS, and that was some sort of strange situation that the company eventually made right. I would not be worried.

Thank you Bob! I was actually more worried about our friends more than us because I suggested doing the "W" guarantee instead of locking in a specific stateroom. Hopefully we will be presently surprised by an upgrade!

Thank you Bob! I was actually more worried about our friends more than us because I suggested doing the "W" guarantee instead of locking in a specific stateroom. Hopefully we will be presently surprised by an upgrade!

Please report back, but my guess is that there's a 99% chance of a JS (or J3/J4) being assigned.

I would say 99.9% you will get a JS

We have booked w guarantee before. Once very lucky they gave us a JS on the 'hump' part of the Oasis ship. Giant balcony with extra furniture.

Usually wind up with a handicapped cabin

sometimes they are held out & if they are not requested.......

you will NOT get lower than a JS

Since you are 40 days out or so, I hope you will come back to this thread and let us know how it works for you. I've never done a suite guarantee. I'd be hoping for a Loft suite, fell in love with those on a cabin crawl a few years back.

Please report back, but my guess is that there's a 99% chance of a JS (or J3/J4) being assigned.

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement...I feel much better now about our choice of getting the "W" guarantee. We love the jr. suites on Oasis class ships...the balcony and that walk-in closet are the best! I guess it is my greedy side to want an upgrade...but we would be very happy with a Jr suite assignment. I will for sure let you know what we get!

• 3 weeks later...

33 days from cruise and our friends that had a W suite guarantee just got assigned a J4 on the 10th deck. We are still unassigned. I will let you know when we have been assigned.

33 days from cruise and our friends that had a W suite guarantee just got assigned a J4 on the 10th deck. We are still unassigned. I will let you know when we have been assigned.

How did they know they? We have a W suite guarantee for our 3/24 anthem cruise and nothing yet. I check cruise planner daily, was wondering if there's another way they tell you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

How did they know they? We have a W suite guarantee for our 3/24 anthem cruise and nothing yet. I check cruise planner daily, was wondering if there's another way they tell you.

I am obsessed too so I check cruise planner every day. When I checked theirs yesterday it had been assigned. When I checked mine this morning it said "this reservation is locked because it is being modified". I have seen this message before on this reservation and nothing was changed later so I am not sure what is happening. It looks like all of the jr suites and above are taken on this sailing so maybe they just wait until someone cancels? Who knows how it works! I wish we had a secret informant at RCI!

... "this reservation is locked because it is being modified". ...

Sometimes this is because a user closes their browser without properly exiting the reservation. The timeout could be 20 minutes or so.

It's killing me, I have become obsessed. I have to talk myself out if checking more thab 2 times per day. I know just because I'm obsessing, we won't know until sail date.

The waiting for an assignment is like waiting until your birthday to open your presents and have your cake! :). The anticipation is part of the fun! I was anxious to find out where my JS cabin would be located on Oasis. Five days before, the assignment finally came in as a GS...icing on the cake! :D

It's killing me, I have become obsessed. I have to talk myself out if checking more thab 2 times per day. I know just because I'm obsessing, we won't know until sail date.

I'm more obsessed than you because I check every hour! We are 30 days away and we have a "W" Guarantee - no assignment yet. On every website I have checked, the ONLY room available for the past few days has been an Oceanview. Actually, when we booked, there weren't even Balcony rooms or Junior Suites available. Now this morning, all categories are showing "unavailable" or "NA" (depending on which website I'm on).

I'm more obsessed than you because I check every hour! We are 30 days away and we have a "W" Guarantee - no assignment yet. On every website I have checked, the ONLY room available for the past few days has been an Oceanview. Actually, when we booked, there weren't even Balcony rooms or Junior Suites available. Now this morning, all categories are showing "unavailable" or "NA" (depending on which website I'm on).

Wow, every hour maybe I'm not so crazy. I need up my checking game. We are 40 days out this is bananas.

I would say 99.9% you will get a JS

We have booked w guarantee before. Once very lucky they gave us a JS on the 'hump' part of the Oasis ship. Giant balcony with extra furniture.

Usually wind up with a handicapped cabin

sometimes they are held out & if they are not requested.......

you will NOT get lower than a JS

I think it is more like 90% than 99.9%. I have twice had "W" guarantees and was assigned a GS. In both of those cases, the GS was assigned only a day or two before the cruise, probably after they tried to upsell those GS's to other people (or maybe after they freed up the GS's by upselling even better rooms to the original occupants). I suspect that anyone who has a W category room that is assigned more than a week before the cruise gets assigned a JS.

Edited by actuarian

I think it is more like 90% than 99.9%. I have twice had "W" guarantees and was assigned a GS. In both of those cases, the GS was assigned only a day or two before the cruise, probably after they tried to upsell those GS's to other people (or maybe after they freed up the GS's by upselling even better rooms to the original occupants). I suspect that anyone who has a W category room that is assigned more than a week before the cruise gets assigned a JS.

Hard to know when or how the cruise line makes these decisions. About two weeks before the cruise, we were assigned a Criown Loft from an “W” booking on Allure a few years back. It really surprised me when we got the upgrade so early, especially since JS’s were still available on the website. Surprised, but very happy.

One should only expect a JS, but there is a chance an upgrade will happen. The anticipation is half the fun.

What ship are you on?

There are always rooms available which do not show to the public. Don't worry! You will get your JS.