Personal hair dryers or flat irons help please

Marie50

Can anyone tell me for sure if you are allowed to take your own hair dryer or flat iron, curling iron on board the Seaside. Some say yes and some say no. Some say take in your carry-on and some pack in their luggage that is dropped off. Would love to know the answer. Thanks

Can anyone tell me for sure if you are allowed to take your own hair dryer or flat iron, curling iron on board the Seaside. Some say yes and some say no. Some say take in your carry-on and some pack in their luggage that is dropped off. Would love to know the answer. Thanks

THis is info from the UK web site

hair%20straighteners.jpg

I brought my hair flat iron last week with no issues. We also brought a small fan and extension cord.

The hairdryer in the YC, is located in the desk drawer, with a very short cord. I am tall, with long hair, and it needed to sit down to dry my hair, on the low block stool under that table. It does the job, but takes a long time. The hair salon was short staffed, so if you want a blow out book early.

Here is the link to the relevant web page in my earlier post

You could do a screen dump and print it out to take with you

Find it under "Useful information"

"Electrical appliances and voltages"

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Manage-Your-Booking/General-Information.aspx

Pete

Ps I've done a screen dump for you to copy and paste on to yor computer and print out

hairdryers.jpg

Edited by Skier52

I take my own hairdryer in my carry-on and have never had a problem on any cruise line. Never take a flat iron as it is - NO NO!

Not sure on curling iron.

Happy Cruising!

I take my own hairdryer in my carry-on and have never had a problem on any cruise line. Never take a flat iron as it is - NO NO!

Not sure on curling iron.

Happy Cruising!

I have taken my straighteners no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bottom line with anything that contains heating elements is that it's up to the discretion of the onboard staff. Just because the rules say you can't bring them doesn't mean they'll be confiscated. I brought a curling iron on Poesia and Seaside with no problems, but someone who works for MSC corporate had her styling tools taken away on a recent sailing. Take them, and if they're taken, you'll get them back when you disembark. The worst that will happen is you'll have to use the provided hair dryer or maybe pay a visit to the onboard salon.

I brought my hair flat iron last week with no issues. We also brought a small fan and extension cord.

The hairdryer in the YC, is located in the desk drawer, with a very short cord. I am tall, with long hair, and it needed to sit down to dry my hair, on the low block stool under that table. It does the job, but takes a long time. The hair salon was short staffed, so if you want a blow out book early.

I have long hair and had the same problem. I don’t know if hairdryers are hard wired to the vanity in all cabin categories, but in the YC it was and very hard to use. I wished I had packed my own. I also brought my curling iron and had no confiscation problems.