Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

8 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Not a Starbucks fan in general, don't want to pay extra for coffee. Not a fan of the branded restaurants in general on ships (Guy's Burgers, Margaritaville, etc). 

The Encore will Not have a Guy's Burgers on it. That's a Carnival thing. Smh

1 minute ago, SailorMan20 said:

The Encore will Not have a Guy's Burgers on it. That's a Carnival thing. Smh

I do realize that, I was giving examples of branded restaurants on ships. Have been on 10 NCL cruises so far including 39 days this year, I'm familiar with the products 😀

• Like 3

The Starbucks branding doesn't really change that it's still been Starbucks coffee at the Atrium Cafe - at least on the Escape it was. You couldn't use SB gift cards, but it was the same menu, same cups, same coffee. That said, I'm glad it's there because my boyfriend is a coffee snob and gets bored of the regular old coffee after a few days. The availability of specialty coffee keeps him tolerable til we get him back to land and his $$$ espresso machine.

I'm really excited about the Onda by Scarpetta partnership - I've had dinner at Scarpetta in Philadelphia and it ranks among the best meals I've ever had. Not sure if I expect the same quality on a cruise ship, but I'm hoping for something good. The restaurants are best known for their fresh pasta and it really does make a difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

I'm really excited about the Onda by Scarpetta partnership - I've had dinner at Scarpetta in Philadelphia and it ranks among the best meals I've ever had. Not sure if I expect the same quality on a cruise ship, but I'm hoping for something good. The restaurants are best known for their fresh pasta and it really does make a difference.

Me too! Love Italian food but was never impressed with La Cucina. Also very much looking forward to Food Republic, at there quite a few times on Escape. 

• Like 1

Just now, QueenOfZoom said:

I do realize that, I was giving examples of branded restaurants on ships. Have been on 10 NCL cruises so far including 39 days this year, I'm familiar with the products 😀

Ok. I am excited to be go on the Encore for My first ever cruise.

10 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

The Starbucks branding doesn't really change that it's still been Starbucks coffee at the Atrium Cafe - at least on the Escape it was. You couldn't use SB gift cards, but it was the same menu, same cups, same coffee. That said, I'm glad it's there because my boyfriend is a coffee snob and gets bored of the regular old coffee after a few days. The availability of specialty coffee keeps him tolerable til we get him back to land and his $$$ espresso machine.

I've been told by My TA that the Starbucks will have it's on store on the Encore.

11 minutes ago, SailorMan20 said:

I've been told by My TA that the Starbucks will have it's on store on the Encore.

It will be interesting to see how it's different for sure. The Atrium Cafe was basically a Starbucks without the explicit Starbucks sign, but it had a limited menu. I wonder if this Encore Starbucks will have the more niche specialty drinks, pastries and sandwiches and other things you'd be able to get in a regular Starbucks. I probably wouldn't get any since there's too much food for me already to be tempted with on a cruise ship, but you never know!

5 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

It will be interesting to see how it's different for sure. The Atrium Cafe was basically a Starbucks without the explicit Starbucks sign, but it had a limited menu. I wonder if this Encore Starbucks will have the more niche specialty drinks, pastries and sandwiches and other things you'd be able to get in a regular Starbucks. I probably wouldn't get any since there's too much food for me already to be tempted with on a cruise ship, but you never know!

I'll find out in December of 2020 when I am on the Encore. Yeah I won't go a lot because I can't use My OBC towards it.  Too costly.

1 hour ago, Jetsterkitty said:

Wow, well that was pretty rude of you!!!!  So it's OK for people to complain on this thread... but not for me to say that if people don't like it they have the option to go elsewhere????  I was following this thread because I am booked on the Encore next year and am interested in the progress... but it suddenly turned into page after page of NCL-bashing and you have the gall to tell me to go elsewhere???  Well thank you, I certainly will.     

Bye. Thanks for letting us know you're leaving.  But like someone else said, the "everything" threads are for analysis of the ships, new designs, etc. as details come out.  A lot of people are rightfully upset that the bulk of the upper deck spaces are now premium paid space and that is something that should be discussed.  NCL does sometimes monitor public response in forums such as this and if the reaction to Encore says anything, it says that we the people sailing NCL don't want the next generation of ships to continue in this premium deck space way.  It's too much now.

55 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Me too! Love Italian food but was never impressed with La Cucina. Also very much looking forward to Food Republic, at there quite a few times on Escape. 

So you don't love name brand things on a ship but you also don't love their generic restaurants either...

What do you cruise for?

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

So you don't love name brand things on a ship but you also don't love their generic restaurants either...

What do you cruise for?

I just said I wasn't impressed with La Cucina as an Italian restaurant choice. Le Bistro is my favorite, salad bar at Modero is great, Ocean Blue is fantastic, love Food Republic. MDR food & menus are great as well, if I didn't get speciality dining with Latitudes or as a free perk I'd be happy eating there every night.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steff79 said:

And it is not our fault when ncl earns bad writings for bad decisions. 

But what annoys many here is the bashing and this goes for all cruise lines, before the product has been even tested. Don't knock it before you have tried it!!! There are those of us who are called cheer leaders; there are some who read CC posts just to find something to gripe about and ways to blast a cruse line. Most of those who choose to blast away have an agenda to push . many have not even sailed a particular line or have maybe once. Objective criticisms are one thing, searching out problems are quite another. 

22 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

But what annoys many here is the bashing and this goes for all cruise lines, before the product has been even tested. Don't knock it before you have tried it!!! There are those of us who are called cheer leaders; there are some who read CC posts just to find something to gripe about and ways to blast a cruse line. Most of those who choose to blast away have an agenda to push . many have not even sailed a particular line or have maybe once. Objective criticisms are one thing, searching out problems are quite another. 

and you think with testing the product the included upper top deck space will get bigger? with testing there is coming a H2O? there is coming a included front and back view? i don´t see a chance that this is changing with testing the ship. NCL cut included things what many people like.

if you llike the changes you can write it here, you can write: great no back and front view: great that i can pay now for a quite sun deck, at the escape i missed always that i have not to pay for the quite sun deck with front view., glad that i can now pay extra for that and have the thrill if i get a pass or  not, exciting. write what ever you want, i do the same.

i wrote here that i totaly like kinky boots and i know that not all passenger will like the show. but i´m glad NCL try the musical. i write what i like and write what i don´t like.

and if the dock out will be at the weekend i will go to Papenburg to watch it, like the other away ships before.

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

You know what... I had a moan about the sundeck situation and I'm not going to apologise for that. I'm still excited that I'll be among the first to sail on Encore. I'm sailing solo and will either get a Vibe pass or I'm sure I'll be able to find a spot to sit. I'm also very curious about the CC article saying that Vibe will be open in the evening. I have previously been let down by that type of announcement from another cruise line though so we'll see... 

In other news I found this on Instagram... not sure if the link will work so fingers crossed! Something to tempt the taste buds... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwQoo1AObv/?igshid=cqatpuqqq59p

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CazV said:

You know what... I had a moan about the sundeck situation and I'm not going to apologise for that. I'm still excited that I'll be among the first to sail on Encore. I'm sailing solo and will either get a Vibe pass or I'm sure I'll be able to find a spot to sit. I'm also very curious about the CC article saying that Vibe will be open in the evening. I have previously been let down by that type of announcement from another cruise line though so we'll see... 

In other news I found this on Instagram... not sure if the link will work so fingers crossed! Something to tempt the taste buds... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwQoo1AObv/?igshid=cqatpuqqq59p

Thanks for the video, worked for me no worries. 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to trying Onda on Encore. We really enjoyed the observation lounge, Q and the Mexican restaurant on Bliss and that was a factor in booking Encore. Since our sunbathing by the pool days are now relaxing in the spa days we are not concerned with the lack of space on the upper decks. That being said , I can certainly relate to those to whom it is a big problem. In our younger days we would have been with them.  We all cruise for different reasons and different amenities. While we like NCL, we will not hesitate to sail on a ship from any line that we feel is a good fit for us. In the next five months we will be on RCL,  Celebrity and NCL.  Looking forward to NYE on Encore  

Mary Ann

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CazV said:

So glad I have it booked twice on the TA 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Wasn't intended to be rude - was just explaining what these threads traditionally include.  

Doug, although you have no idea who I am, I have followed your build of the Bliss from beginning to end and that is why I booked it to Alaska. I also have been following the Encore and wow, what a difference lately in the people’s personalities who post. I was so envious of the cruisers on the inaugural’s sailing of the Bliss and the great M&G you guys had, all the planning you and Sue did with the invitations and other stuff, not to mention what it must have cost you personally. I am still following Encore’s build but will not be sailing her. Keep up the good work. 

• Like 6