Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

WOW, the theater looks so fancy in red. I also see the air conditioning vents on the seats have returned to NCL after going missing on Epic and several ships after.  I like the carpet everywhere except the Atrium. Not sure why but it falls flat and looks out of place IMHO.

Edited by david_sobe

Just now, david_sobe said:

WOW, the theater looks so fancy in red. I also see the air conditioning vents on the seats have returned to NCL after going missing on Epic and several ships after.

maybe red because of  kinky boots? but looks good

Back from the Encore...

To answer so some of the posts since Wednesday:

- Steff79, no, there´s no bar inside the theater

- yes, this is the new somking lounge on the Waterfront and the inside photo is mine (I posted it as I follow this thread and thought I need to post an answer to this discussion)

- The Onda Menu is not the whole menu. It was the menu for a special event on Wednesday night. I had the pleasure to be there too.

Let´s talk about prices... We were told

Kart - 15 USD for a single ride

Galaxy - 7 USD for a single play

Laser Tag - 10 USD for one game

There are passes for the race track and the Galaxy Pavilion. I think it was 199 USD for a whole week race track. For the Galaxy Pavilion there are hourly passes and weekly ones.

It will take me a bit more time to get through my almost 2 K pics and get them online. It´s not my goal to be the first one ;-).

All in all... a very nicely designed ship. Some slight changes in the cabins compared to the Bliss. Still no USB ports at the vanity desk - only the ones in the bedside lighting.

As for food pictures on IG... Garden Café and Main Dining Rooms had special event menus. So do not expect an abundance of crab legs on a regular cruise. There was even Surf & Turf on the first night with lobster... We had prearranged dinners in Le Bistro and Onda plus a lunch tasting with almost all specialty restaurants.

Wishing Doug a great cruise! And if you have any questions...

steamboats

• Like 7

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

Back from the Encore...

To answer so some of the posts since Wednesday:

- Steff79, no, there´s no bar inside the theater

- yes, this is the new somking lounge on the Waterfront and the inside photo is mine (I posted it as I follow this thread and thought I need to post an answer to this discussion)

- The Onda Menu is not the whole menu. It was the menu for a special event on Wednesday night. I had the pleasure to be there too.

Let´s talk about prices... We were told

Kart - 15 USD for a single ride

Galaxy - 7 USD for a single play

Laser Tag - 10 USD for one game

There are passes for the race track and the Galaxy Pavilion. I think it was 199 USD for a whole week race track. For the Galaxy Pavilion there are hourly passes and weekly ones.

It will take me a bit more time to get through my almost 2 K pics and get them online. It´s not my goal to be the first one ;-).

All in all... a very nicely designed ship. Some slight changes in the cabins compared to the Bliss. Still no USB ports at the vanity desk - only the ones in the bedside lighting.

As for food pictures on IG... Garden Café and Main Dining Rooms had special event menus. So do not expect an abundance of crab legs on a regular cruise. There was even Surf & Turf on the first night with lobster... We had prearranged dinners in Le Bistro and Onda plus a lunch tasting with almost all specialty restaurants.

Wishing Doug a great cruise! And if you have any questions...

Is there a smoking area on the Haven sundeck?  (Please no comments about smoking, just looking for information).

30 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

I’m sure this was already answered, but just there are a lot of pages to go through 😂 Just curious...after arrival in Manhattan on 11/11, where will she be/is there a repo cruise prior to arrival in Miami on 11/24?

She'll be in NYC for a couple of days with Travel Agents and invited guests on board.

She will then sail to Miami and there will be another preview cruise, then a kids charity event, then the Christening and Christening Cruise which is 21st to 24th November and then it's the 24th November sailing.

• Like 1

@NewbieCruiser123 I haven´t seen any ashers on the Haven Sundeck or on the Vibe Beach Club. So I can´t say for sure. I don´t smoke.

I just uploaded the first part of my really extense photo review... which starts actually with deck 5. There will be an entry each day until it´s finished. It´s a deck by deck review with separate entries for restaurants and bars & lounges. Here´s part 1. The text is in German but there´s no need to read the text (or try google translate). The bold wording plus the photos will do it.

steamboats

• Like 3