Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

I still think that after she spends the winter 2019/20 in Miami, that she will go to Asia as originally planned. I hope not.

Who knows. These ships are all moved all over the place anymore.

Edited by LrgPizza

I wish they’d try Houston again or Galveston. Not enough marketing when in Houston IMO compared to other lines, most people had no idea there was even a cruise terminal there. It’s insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I still think that after she spends the winter 2019/20 in Miami, that she will go to Asia as originally planned. I hope not.

Who knows. These ships are all moved all over the place anymore.

I don’t know. There was a lot of things custom done for the Asian market on joy. I can’t imagine they do these same things for encore to spend a year in Miami and then go to Asia. Look at the upper decks on joy. A design like that would be a disaster in the North American market.

I don’t know. There was a lot of things custom done for the Asian market on joy. I can’t imagine they do these same things for encore to spend a year in Miami and then go to Asia. Look at the upper decks on joy. A design like that would be a disaster in the North American market.

No, they wouldn't. Joy was designed for Asians to sail in Asia. This ship was going to be for westerners to sail in Asia. Two different things.

No, they wouldn't. Joy was designed for Asians to sail in Asia. This ship was going to be for westerners to sail in Asia. Two different things.

Have they announced that somewhere because everything I’ve seen prior to yesterday said the ship was going to the Asian marketplace full time and would be dedicated to sailing there just like Joy.

Nothing has ever specified it would be geared towards Westerner’s sailing in Asia from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope they change up the itinerary out of Miami a bit from what the Escape did and Getaway is now doing.

These big ships can only dock in very limited ports, I doubt they will add new ports. So embrace yourself for the same old boring ports. let see.... :confused:

Nassau for sure.

These big ships can only dock in very limited ports, I doubt they will add new ports. So embrace yourself for the same old boring ports. let see.... :confused:

Nassau for sure.

That's true of Royal's Oasis class ships, but the Breakaway and Breakaway plus ships can and do visit just about every port in the Caribbean when doing longer cruises from NYC or New Orleans.

Which ports do you think aren't able to handle Encore??

NCL has just chosen to visit the same ports because many cruise for the ship experience and NCL can negotiate better shore excursion prices by going to the same places week after week.

Have they announced that somewhere because everything I’ve seen prior to yesterday said the ship was going to the Asian marketplace full time and would be dedicated to sailing there just like Joy.

Nothing has ever specified it would be geared towards Westerner’s sailing in Asia from what I’ve seen.

It was in an interview way back when, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I just remember. Joy was being built for the Asian market in Asia, and Breakaway plus IV was for westerners in Asia. I know for a fact I heard that, but since I can't remember where, I guess it doesn't matter. :confused:

I even heard it again when people were complaining about the "Chineseyness" of the Joy, that they just needed to hold on until the ship made for Westerners went there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the press release issued yesterday morning from Germany when they cut the first piece of steel for Her, they said for She would sail out of Miami on Sundays.

In the press release issued yesterday morning from Germany when they cut the first piece of steel for Her, they said for She would sail out of Miami on Sundays.

Correct. We are discussing how this ship was originally slated to go to Asia, and now wondering if it will just do the first winter in Miami, and then head there as planned, or if the plan has completely changed.

Here is an article from a year ago when it was announced it was going to China: http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Norwegian-fourth-Breakaway-Plus-ship-bound-for-China

Hopefully, they keep her in Miami or at least in Florida year around. If Royal can fill 4 Oasis class ships year around, why can't NCL keep 2 of their big ships in Florida year around? I do wish they would vary the 7 day itinerary to include new Eastern Caribbean islands like Antigua or St. Kitts.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Hopefully' date=' they keep her in Miami or at least in Florida year around. If Royal can fill 4 Oasis class ships year around, why can't NCL keep 2 of their big ships in Florida year around? I do wish they would vary the 7 day itinerary to include new Eastern Caribbean islands like Antigua or St. Kitts.

I know! Right now with a kid still in school, summers work best for us for cruising. I want this one there year 'round!

However, we will likely do the TA, just to be on the safe side. :p

Me too. The same islands over and over again are tiring! They had some great alternate itineraries after the hurricanes.

Such as what?

They essentially switched to Western routes or modified Western routes.

Jamaica - Grand Cayman - Cozumel

Jamaica - Grand Cayman - Costa Maya - Cozumel

Jamaica - Grand Cayman - Cozumel - Nassau

etc...

Hopefully' date=' they keep her in Miami or at least in Florida year around. If Royal can fill 4 Oasis class ships year around, why can't NCL keep 2 of their big ships in Florida year around? I do wish they would vary the 7 day itinerary to include new Eastern Caribbean islands like Antigua or St. Kitts.

In the video of the steel cutting @ 5:30 Andy Stuart said that Miami was just her winter home. He didn't say where she was going in Spring of 2020.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

In the video of the steel cutting @ 5:30 Andy Stuart said that Miami was just her winter home. He didn't say where she was going in Spring of 2020.

I (incredibly selfishly) vote for New London, CT doing 14 day cruises to the ports of Bermuda and Nowhere!

In more serious news, I'm excited to book this for early 2020!

I loved Antigua! One of the main reasons we booked the Dawn next February is because we would get to go back. And not visiting only the same eight ports that NCL seems to stick to is a bonus as well.

I really wish NCL would branch out in the Eastern Caribbean. More than the ports themselves, the time in port is what makes the itineraries so bad. While I enjoy the long day in St. Thomas, the abbreviated days in Tortola and Nassau (when we even bother to get off of the ship) are pretty worthless.