Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Thank you for the video.
I was watching for a while at work yesterday and didn't realize the ship for the full time was being pushed backward.
Why didn't it turn around or was the area not deep enough to do that and had to stay very on course?

Thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you for the video.
I was watching for a while at work yesterday and didn't realize the ship for the full time was being pushed backward.
Why didn't it turn around or was the area not deep enough to do that and had to stay very on course?

Thank you.

i dont know the true technical answer but from what i remember from watching various shows with ships doing a similar conveyance, the ships is pushed backward because it is easier for the all of the tugs to push/pull the ship. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i dont know the true technical answer but from what i remember from watching various shows with ships doing a similar conveyance, the ships is pushed backward because it is easier for the all of the tugs to push/pull the ship. 

From one New Yorker to another, thanks!

26 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you for the video.

Thank you.

the river ems is not so deep and they have to dam water to do the transfer. if they have at one place problems with the depth they can use the Azipods to push water under the ship ( because they are backward ). not sure if it was better to navigate for the tugs too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steff79 said:

the river ems is not so deep and they have to dam water to do the transfer. if they have at one place problems with the depth they can use the Azipods to push water under the ship ( because they are backward ). not sure if it was better to navigate for the tugs too.

Thank you. I appreciate your letting me know.

Veel politie bij vertrek Norwegian Encore naar Eemshaven

PAPENBURG02 oktober 2019, 08:56

Onder zware politiebegeleiding is het nieuwe cruiseschip Norwegian Encore van Papenburg naar de Eemshaven gevaren. Politiemensen op de wal, een politiehelicopter en twee boten van de WSP begeleidden de tocht tot de stuw bij Gandersum, die het schip dinsdag 1 oktober passeerde. Tussen Papenburg en de stuw stonden politiemensen bij bruggen, sluizen en in krappe bochten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Figther said:

Veel politie bij vertrek Norwegian Encore naar Eemshaven

PAPENBURG02 oktober 2019, 08:56

Onder zware politiebegeleiding is het nieuwe cruiseschip Norwegian Encore van Papenburg naar de Eemshaven gevaren. Politiemensen op de wal, een politiehelicopter en twee boten van de WSP begeleidden de tocht tot de stuw bij Gandersum, die het schip dinsdag 1 oktober passeerde. Tussen Papenburg en de stuw stonden politiemensen bij bruggen, sluizen en in krappe bochten. 

Courtesy of Google Translate:

The new cruise ship Norwegian Encore sailed from Papenburg to Eemshaven under heavy police supervision. Police officers ashore, a police helicopter and two boats from the WSP accompanied the journey to the weir at Gandersum, which passed the ship on Tuesday 1 October. Between Papenburg and the weir, policemen stood at bridges, locks and in tight turns.

I heard about this. Apparently it was due to a risk of environmentalist protests.

This morning's update from Meyer Werft...

Good morning from eemshaven!
Norwegian Encore has arrived in eemshaven, Netherlands this morning. Until Friday, further material and supplies will be brought on board and fuel bound. After the first sea test, the ship will reach bremerhaven on Tuesday, October 08.

encore eemshaven.jpg

17 hours ago, js said:

It´s easier for them to maneuver the ship going backwards. There are two tugs not on a line but with a special construction connected to the ship for the conveyance.

steamboats

• Like 1