Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

33 minutes ago, CazV said:

This morning's update from Meyer Werft...

Good morning from eemshaven!
Norwegian Encore has arrived in eemshaven, Netherlands this morning. Until Friday, further material and supplies will be brought on board and fuel bound. After the first sea test, the ship will reach bremerhaven on Tuesday, October 08.

It looks like a beehive. Mutch stuff is carried aboard, I would like to walk to the Encore but she is protected by a wall of containers.

• Like 1

Sorry if this was already discussed, but does anyone know if NCL will offer any gaming packages?  There seems to be a lot of VR stuff on this ship, and I'm sure there's a charge for all of it... I'd be down to buy a gaming package for any kids that may come with us... 

45 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Sorry if this was already discussed, but does anyone know if NCL will offer any gaming packages?  There seems to be a lot of VR stuff on this ship, and I'm sure there's a charge for all of it... I'd be down to buy a gaming package for any kids that may come with us... 

most likely the same packages that is on the joy might be on the encore

27 minutes ago, Fanatico1981 said:

Hi

Does somebody know what this blue thing is, located right next at the aqua racer?

2:05 on this video:

I'm thinking that is an Inner-Tube elevator.  you wont need to carry your inner-tube to the top yourself.  Now if they could just get me up there without the stairs also.... win. lol

5 minutes ago, Victorious8 said:

Does anyone know if the Getaway will be going near her this week? My parents are on her and It would be nice if they were! 

No, The Encore is getting ready to go into The North Sea for Her Sea Trials then going to Bremerhaven, Germany.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, SailBreakaway said:

Heres some of the (if not THE First) open sea footage of the lady. Some great close ups toward the end. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LON99LT4XH4&feature=share

I just can't beleive they scrapped H2O/Spice, being the whole aft, for a paid Laser.

This is so sad !

Suzanne, who cancelled this booking with you all because of this Laser Thing. I replaced it by the Bliss panama canal Nov 3, 2019, 21 days, very cheap. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

Does anyone know if the Getaway will be going near her this week? My parents are on her and It would be nice if they were! 

I don´t know the (time) schedule of the Getaway. The Encore will start the sea trials tomorrow and is expected in Bremerhaven on Tuesday in the morning. The sea trials will be in the North Sea up to the Skaggerak (top of Denmark up to Sweden). So depending on when the Getaway is leaving Copenhagen for NOLA there might be a slight chance.

steamboats

• Like 1

Today, on the last day of the #NorwegianEncore's presence, the #havenmeester from Groningen Seaports Pieter van der Wal handed over the harbor shield to the captain. The reception was arranged by #BroekmanLogistics, the agency for this ship.

Departure is scheduled for 6 p.m. today.

encore havenschildje.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CazV said:

Today, on the last day of the #NorwegianEncore's presence, the #havenmeester from Groningen Seaports Pieter van der Wal handed over the harbor shield to the captain. The reception was arranged by #BroekmanLogistics, the agency for this ship.

Departure is scheduled for 6 p.m. today.

encore havenschildje.jpg

Is that "Captain Niklas, From! The! Bridge!"? I always loved the way he says that whenever he comes on the intercom.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, BirdTravels said:

Probably not. Since the lifeboats are inboard, everything on Deck 7 (including the Manhattan Room) becomes narrower. Both the Bliss and Joy have replaced the dance floor and stage with tables. 

I just read that from a Bliss review. that the dance floor and they said Orchestra was no longer on the Bliss. I am assuming the same on the Encore so we have booked specialty restaurants this time.

Royal has a new commercial on TV I just saw, and had to share, as I got a kick out of it....

Starts out and says in Big letters on the screen:

"LESS VIRTUAL

..MORE REALITY"

HA! I Love it, good for you RCCL!! Perhaps someone there in marketing is smart enough to monitor this thread, heck I WOULD and run with it.

• Like 7

Sorry if this has been brought up but I’m not reading 103 pages. On Escape in the aft Haven Penthouse Suites certain decks had the bed by balcony ior bath by balcony.  Does this hold true for these latest ships such as Encore.  We preferred the darker bedroom, bath by balcony and always booked deck 11 on Escape.  Similar setup on Encore and which decks are which ?  Deck plans aren’t correct .  Regards Gerry.

36 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Does this hold true for these latest ships such as Encore.  We preferred the darker bedroom, bath by balcony and always booked deck 11 on Escape.

Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore have the same configurations for aft suites. The decks are 11 and 14 for Configuration B.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nclsuncruiser said:

Any news on its bands for the cavern club?

No but a lot of the cast for the shows are already on the ship - I just search instagram for the #norwegianencore and have been seeing a lot of the performers posting about being on the ship. I'll let you know if I see anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1