Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Although it doesn´t look as elegant as on the other ship I like the chandelier. Colors are changing which makes a nice athmosphere.

I "made" my way up to deck 16 in my review covering the pooldeck and the spa/fitness center. Tomorrow will be deck 17 and then the day after the last part covering decks 18 to 20. After that 3 parts about the restaurants onboard will follow. I´m still working... bars and lounges are next.

steamboats

• Like 5

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

Although it doesn´t look as elegant as on the other ship I like the chandelier. Colors are changing which makes a nice athmosphere.

I "made" my way up to deck 16 in my review covering the pooldeck and the spa/fitness center. Tomorrow will be deck 17 and then the day after the last part covering decks 18 to 20. After that 3 parts about the restaurants onboard will follow. I´m still working... bars and lounges are next.

steamboats

Thank you for the deck and the thermal spa photos. 

Man, that is a LOT of deck chairs for two small pools,,

when we were on the Bliss in Dec 2018, I don’t remember their deck with so many chairs. But I guess the Encore is trying to squeeze as many chairs on that deck as they can since the outdoor deck space is now limited.  

• Like 1

I know this is a silly request, but why not try right? If by any chance you can get a photo of the balcony on a mini suite (M6) would really appreciate it. First time in one May 2020 on Encore & am really curious about the size of the balcony. Thanks! And thanks for all your photos, so much fun to be able to "come along" on this cruise

15 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

I know this is a silly request, but why not try right? If by any chance you can get a photo of the balcony on a mini suite (M6) would really appreciate it. First time in one May 2020 on Encore & am really curious about the size of the balcony. Thanks! And thanks for all your photos, so much fun to be able to "come along" on this cruise

We had an MA (12804) this time. But we had a large balcony Mini Suite on the Bliss (12908). Should be pretty much the same. You can see photos here.

Deck 17 went online today - so photos of the Haven Courtyard, upper sundeck, jogging track, table tennis, Galaxy Pavilion.

steamboats

aka Carmen

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, steamboats said:

We had an MA (12804) this time. But we had a large balcony Mini Suite on the Bliss (12908). Should be pretty much the same. You can see photos here.

Deck 17 went online today - so photos of the Haven Courtyard, upper sundeck, jogging track, table tennis, Galaxy Pavilion.

steamboats

aka Carmen

May I ask you - does the separator between the balconies on the aft open?  I have read that NCL doesn't like them open when one is at sea, but will allow it when at a port.  Seeing the difference in size of the aft balcony makes me consider upgrading, but I have 2 rooms and those aft staterooms aren't adjoining (which I would like).  

BTW, I really love your pics on your blog.

1 hour ago, floot said:

May I ask you - does the separator between the balconies on the aft open?  I have read that NCL doesn't like them open when one is at sea, but will allow it when at a port.  Seeing the difference in size of the aft balcony makes me consider upgrading, but I have 2 rooms and those aft staterooms aren't adjoining (which I would like).  

NCL’s current policy is not to open dividers at any time for fire safety reasons. 

3 hours ago, floot said:

Technically you can open them but this is for maintenance only not for passenger use.

steamboats

... and thanks for your kind words!

My DH did some 360° photos which you might enjoy.

I´m on the train to Hamburg for the new MSC Grandiosa but more parts of my review will go online today and the next days of course. Not so much enjoying the 6 hour train ride instead of a one hour flight which was cancelled due to a strike of the flight attendants.

steamboats

• Like 4

On 11/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, LaCal said:

Who came up with such a Ugly chandelier design in the Atrium?? 

Crazy 🤣🤣🤣

08810F47-642B-43B7-8E39-AAE3F3F6C21F.jpeg

I heard someone on a YouTube video say it is called the Rose chandelier.. it is starting to grow on me. I did not like it at first either, but now I kind of am. 😉

I can't remember which thread it was, but someone was asking about Veuve Clicquot not being on the bottle list anymore for the Premium Plus package. That certainly appears to be the case as you can see from the wine list below it no longer has the asterisk for the bottle but you can still get it by the glass. You can now get the Moet by the bottle instead.

20191108_124216.thumb.jpg.64852c381591462290c1b044a4b4981c.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, tomservo said:

I found this on the Cagney’s page for the Encore. Dry-aged Certified Angus Beef? This would definitely be an improvement to the menu, albeit with some kind of up-charge. At least it’s an option now. When was the last time Cagney’s even had steak like this? Will this start with Encore and then get rolled our fleet-wide?

8D1F2E45-5270-4934-AD27-CE3C6B7EBC78.jpeg

So a menu posted from Cagney’s on the Encore TA still says “Premium Black Angus Beef”, not Certified. No mention of aging either. So either it’s forthcoming (unlikely) or there’s a miscommunication between marketing and food and beverage operations. 

We have the dining perk and after viewing the menu, I wanted to confirm what is classified as an entree. I see 3 sections, one marked Seafood, one as Grilled Classic, and one as Featured Selections. Can I presume that we get to choose one and only entree from any one of these 3 along with a side plus starter/soup/salad and dessert? Some of the speciality menus don't break down the choices clearly.