Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

The Encore's hull art is bright and colorful and while it doesn't depict a sea creature or creature of any kind from the looks of it, it does far more for the ship compared to the Breakaway's hull art. The Norwegian Breakaway's hull art has been hideous since the first time I saw it. It seems like a bunch of items (heads, planets) thrown onto a ship hull. It doesn't flow or make sense and definitely seems tacky. While I wouldn't rate the Encore's hull art as one of the best in the fleet, it's definitely NOT the worst. That still goes to that unsightly Peter Max creation.

I'm not sure about a "bunch of items" just randomly conjured together. Several of the "items" or images are distinctively New York - which the ship was originally built for.

Here are the two sides:

52e2dba094f8dab322824045ffaa0648.png

I had a panic attack last night when I zoomed in on the DBH interior... as it had white chairs and bistro tables. But I calmed down after realizing it was the same generic interior as FR. The angle shot shows FR’s old interior.

I know art is subjective but I just don't get this.

It's like they asked this artist to design the hull art and his response was "Sure. Hire a child to do it and slap my name on it. I don't have time for this," like when an employer or professor asks you to write your own reference letter.

Here are the two sides:

52e2dba094f8dab322824045ffaa0648.png

I had a panic attack last night when I zoomed in on the DBH interior... as it had white chairs and bistro tables. But I calmed down after realizing it was the same generic interior as FR. The angle shot shows FR’s old interior.

They should just go all in on the primary colors and paint the lifeboats.

f331f64ec7eefee7b6cd4b9e9d6db184.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about a "bunch of items" just randomly conjured together. Several of the "items" or images are distinctively New York - which the ship was originally built for.

Yes but the items do not flow and are stuck on the ship in different places. The floating Lady Liberty head comes to mind. I'm still not a fan of the hull art on Breakaway and I sailed her into NYC on her inaugural Trans-Atlantic. The Encore hull art is actually quite clever the more I look at it. Now I see a lady's face by the bow!

Im seeing Michigan J. Frog for some reason. Maybe too many Saturday morning cartoons in the 70’s

7f2cd3204927a1d2e41adb934aebfc5e.png870767479b7845aa7f8b2538ff974878.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha! I can see it that too now that you mention it... or at least the top portion of it with the hat from the front view. This is definitely an intriguing hull art! :D

:confused:

Hahaha! I can see it that too now that you mention it... or at least the top portion of it with the hat from the front view. This is definitely an intriguing hull art! :D

Yes, the hat! That's what I was seeing as well. Just not sure about the "dancing" figure or are they water skiing? with streamers of colour trailing behind them? IDK... I know I'm not the brightest star in the sky but this hull art has my imagination going every which way... :'):')