Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

5 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Somebody should email Bolidt (the deck supplier) if they have an order for a race track. 😉

NCL have already confirmed that the Encore is getting a race track and that it will indeed be longer than what is on the Bliss. 

11 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

I'd be willing to bet Encore does get a race track as well.

"Bolidt has also been contracted to supply a similar package, including Bolideck Racetrack, for the next ship in the series, Norwegian Encore. This sister vessel is under construction at Meyer Werft and is due for delivery in summer 2019." - LINK

10 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

FreeStyle... from the updated web cam photo, is there more ship-length included in the Encore’s first megablock?

Yup. Didn't follow AIDAnova nor Spectrum but I don't think they were double megablocks.. a result of the expansion of the large building hall: more slash longer exposure to the visitor's viewing gallery! 

There´s an article on a German website speaking about big delays at Meyer Werft in Papenburg. The hand over of the AIDAnova was scheduled for today (and actually I was supposed to fly this afternoon) but has been delayed. Now the inaugural cruise on Dec 2nd will be the first one. They had to cancel all pre inaugurals which were booked pretty well.

Another newspaper is even speaking about delays with the further newbuilts like the Spectrum of the Seas and the Spirit of Discovery. Hopefully the Norwegian Encore will be ready in time. She´s the third ship to be delivered in 2019.

steamboats

Sounds like the “newness” of AidaNova may have been a contributor, as well as a late fire.  Regardless... I’m fine with a medium-rare ship.

Translated article from NDR

The Papenburger Meyer shipyard is clearly delayed in the delivery of the "AIDAnova" apparently also in other ship new buildings. This is reported by the "Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung" (NOZ, Thursday edition) with reference to internal publications. According to the report, the shipyard is said to have called for voluntary overtime in a staff magazine. The workforce in "critical areas" has been called to work up to 45 hours a week, it says. The big delays could be made up only with extraordinary measures, company boss Bernard Meyer is quoted in the magazine.It has been known for some weeks that the recently transferred "AIDAnova" will finish later than intended. Originally, the cruise ship was to be handed over today in Bremerhaven to the shipping company AIDA Cruises. After a cabin fire in late October, the shipyard announced that this appointment can not be held. The decision was justified at that time with the "current development status" of the ship. The shipyard does not publicly announce the new delivery date. Chief spokesman Hackmann said only that, according to the current state, the maiden voyage planned for December 2 will take place as planned. AIDA Cruises did not want to comment on NDR.de.The "AIDAnova" returned to Dutch Eemshaven on Tuesday after a first six-day test drive that had been postponed because of the fire. In the North Sea extensive test programs had been completed, said Hackmann. That everything went well. According to the Marine Traffic website, the ship covered 3,000 kilometers - sometimes even at top speed. Hackmann acknowledged, however, that there is still a lot to do on board. In addition to the interior design would run numerous trials and acceptances currently. "We continue our focused work," said the spokesman. According to him, the ship is scheduled to leave for a second multi-day test drive at the weekend.Hackmann justified the delay in the completion with the size and complexity of the prototype as well as the new technical equipment. The "AIDAnova" is the first cruise ship built by the Meyer shipyard that can be operated completely with liquefied natural gas (LNG). The information from the NOZ also indicates that there were considerable problems with the construction of the ship. "We have to question what we did wrong with 'AIDAnova' and why we disregarded warning signs," the newspaper quoted from the shipyard staff magazine.

Steff, I think one cabin was confirmed but there were rumors about more. Anyway one or two or three - that wouldn´t be the reason for the delay.

Yep, all cruises until Dec 19th  including the maiden cruise starting Dec 2nd have been cancelled today.

steamboats

who should have been onboard right now

And it may be the first BA/BA Plus class ship that could be delayed, although I personally think things will settle before Encore will be delivered since we are a year out.

https://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/werft-news/meyer-werft-in-verzug-bei-aidanova-spectrum-of-the-seas-und-spirit-of-discovery/166930/

The German article states that the Meyer Werft board announced that they are running behind schedule on all their current new builds, naming the AIDA ship, Royal's Spectrum and the Saga ship; Spirit of Discoveries. Given reasons are wages, staffing hours, output versus forecast.

It's uncommon for Meyer, that's for sure.

Sorry but this is just going to be a disaster!

The fact that the first cruise scheduled for Nov 2019 has been cancelled and the first cruise will now be December means that every cruise date from Dec to April 2020 will have to be put back further than originally planned.

I have booked to go on a 7 night Cruise from Miami on the Encore from the 5th April 2020, but if further delays continue that cruise date is just not going to happen.

If Meyer were that busy with the new Royal Caribbean ship and others why take on the Encore when it was clearly to much for them to handle to get it finished on time?

Yes delays can happen, but considering the launch of the Encore is still 12 months away and they are already under staffed and calling for extra over time just proves they never should have took on this ship to begin with.

1-2 week delay is fine, but what if it gets to 1-3 month delay?Why would I cruise Miami in Aug when its Hurricane season?

Think I might be better doing a Bliss tour from New York than go on a rushed half baked ship.

8 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Sorry but this is just going to be a disaster!

Keep in mind that AidaNova is a new class of ships, and the Encore is now 3rd in line to be turned over from Papenburg.  I seriously doubt MW will have 4-consecutive delays in ship launches.  

Regardless, cancelled cruises aren’t disasters.  You’ve obviously never experienced dry kegs on a transatlantic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

TheDougOut.............of course the Encore is going to be delayed. All cruises up until Dec 19th have been cancelled.

First sail was supposed to be Nov, thats now 2nd December.

The fact that Meyer said they are under staffed and need more workers to do over time again prove this ship is going to be further delayed.

Of course cancelled cruise's are disasters.....that means refunds, so many annoyed customers and in time will turn them to rival ship companies.

What about all those cruisers who already booked time off work to go on the first cruises in late November early December to now have their cruises cancelled and can no longer change their dates off work to later in 2020?

So from your last comment you only go on cruises to drink?LOL

7 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Apologies to all, I assumed as I'm on a Norwegian Encore forum, that you were talking about the Encore being delayed next year.LOL

Phewwwwwwww, glad I'm still in the same year, 🤣

Are you on the inaugural cruise? If not, I'm sure there'll be lots of info regarding that first cruise so you'll get a good idea of what to expect when you do your cruise. 

Cheers