Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

16 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

The first sailing will be a 2-nighter industry cruise into Southampton.  

I’m on the transatlantic and will either do a “live-from” thread or simply document the ship as time allows. 

I think it'll be most interesting to see how the ship comes-alive once it hits the Caribbean itineraries.

Looking forward to your "live" report! I'm booked on the Dec 1st sailaway and will be anxiously looking for reviews from all that post.  

• Like 1

Hi.

I've been following this thread and read it from the beginning.  Please can you help with my balcony cabin selection.

We knew we were booking in Haven so hadn't paid too much attention to the deck plans, other than the Haven.

Last night, my sister's family decided they will join us and they are getting balconies, so my family of 5 (all adults) will move from an H4 to three balcony cabins, which now will be wonderful since we will all get the UBP and three specialty meals (plus two each for each cabin for Platinum, so five all together). Originally, when in Haven, I was going to add on the expense of three more specialty meals and UBP for three so this will be a big savings.

I thought I remembered reading on this thread, that the balconies will be larger.  Is this correct for all decks or are there "special/secret" balconies that we have seen on this thread that shows what deck to book for the larger balconies? I keep going back to pages around the 50s, but I cannot find where this was being talked about and didn't pay too much attention since we were booking Haven.

I also thought about booked Deck 8, since it has the Waterfront, bars, shops, restaurants, but those cabins are above the theater so I'm guessing it will be noisy? I always sandwich myself between decks of cabins but we really loved our cruise last summer on Allure when we booked Deck 6 and walked out our door into the Boardwalk.  However, I don't want to hear the theater. We are in our cabins around 1 am - 2 am, but my sister's family will be back at night around midnight, and maybe my mom about 11 pm.  We all wake up fairly early and our itinerary is Bermuda.

Are there decks that have bigger balconies than others (not including those long M9s) or is it the whole ship that have bigger balconies vs. Away and Bliss ships.

Thank you very much!

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=4222

9. Expanded Vibe Beach Club

The spot heats up at night, usually with a live band and dancing.

did someone read this before? maybe cruisecritic is wrong? Or will there be parties at night at vibe? at the other ships there aren´t parties at night at vibe or? Party only for vibe pass people or free for all? Or maybe they sell special vibe passes for parties, new way to make extra money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

did someone read this before? maybe cruisecritic is wrong? Or will there be parties at night at vibe? at the other ships there aren´t parties at night at vibe or? Party only for vibe pass people or free for all? Or maybe they sell special vibe passes for parties, new way to make extra money.

Maybe since they are doing away with H2O, this will be the location of the outdoor nighttime parties then...  I'm sure the Havenites with rooms under this deck will LOVE that...

I ain't mad though...  This may make up a little for losing so much public deck space to Vibe if it starts being open to the public at night for parties and such...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

I read this today too. Not sure how to interpret it.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, newmexicoNita said:

Here we go again: so many all already complaining about this and that on the ship and it is months before she even sails. Would it be better to just play it by ear and wait until after sailing to decide what is better and what is not. Only time will tell how much of the new will work for most cruisers. 

Exactly!  If you don't like the lay out... don't book this ship.  It really IS that simple.  If you don't like the NCL brand... don't book NCL!  Life is short, spend your money on what makes YOU happy!  There are plenty of cruise lines to go around.  ;) 

16 minutes ago, Jetsterkitty said:

Exactly!  If you don't like the lay out... don't book this ship.  It really IS that simple.  If you don't like the NCL brand... don't book NCL!  Life is short, spend your money on what makes YOU happy!  There are plenty of cruise lines to go around.  😉

The “everything” threads have always included analysis, good and bad, of design choices and overall brand direction. 

If you don’t like the “everything” concept of these threads, don’t read them.  There are plenty of other threads to read. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

The “everything” threads have always included analysis, good and bad, of design choices and overall brand direction. 

If you don’t like the “everything” concept of these threads, don’t read them.  There are plenty of other threads to read. 

Wow, well that was pretty rude of you!!!!  So it's OK for people to complain on this thread... but not for me to say that if people don't like it they have the option to go elsewhere????  I was following this thread because I am booked on the Encore next year and am interested in the progress... but it suddenly turned into page after page of NCL-bashing and you have the gall to tell me to go elsewhere???  Well thank you, I certainly will.     

6 minutes ago, Jetsterkitty said:

Wow, well that was pretty rude of you!!!!  So it's OK for people to complain on this thread... but not for me to say that if people don't like it they have the option to go elsewhere????  I was following this thread because I am booked on the Encore next year and am interested in the progress... but it suddenly turned into page after page of NCL-bashing and you have the gall to tell me to go elsewhere???  Well thank you, I certainly will.     

I read both your and @TheDougOut's post with the same tone so your strong objection to his response feels like an overreaction. You said if we don't like the ship, it's as simple as not booking it. I think it's fair to be disappointed in the layout of the top deck while still being booked on the Encore in December 2019. I may have considered switching ships when the deck plans were released, but my boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend booked this cruise first and we want to cruise with them. So I think this thread is a perfectly fine place to lament the shrinking top deck space on NCL ships while still being excited about the Encore overall (I think the restaurant selection is the most exciting one on NCL!).

Overall, this is EVERYTHING...Norwegian Encore. That means positive and negative and there should be room for both.

Edited by kayteecat
forgot a word
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

Mostly from social media posts of Meyer Werft tour visitors.  The MW web cam is only updated once a week, at most.  

She's coming along greatly. I have a Cabin booked on the 15th Deck. Observation Deck. I see Starbucks will be on Deck 6th.