Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Wow, It’s really getting there. Can’t wait to board the end of December. Would love to see a menu for Onda. We will be doing the specialties for all our dinners. Looking forward to seeing Kinky Boots. Saw the movie a few years ago and enjoyed it. Haven’t seen Choir of Man yet either, which has really good reviews. I wish they would get the new show Six too. It sounds like it is going to be a great show too. 

Mary Ann

• Like 1

Hi and thank you for all your work! I LOVE seeing the pictures of the Encore, sailing August 2020 (had to move from July 2020).

With the "free" three specialty restaurants that we get now for booking, will they be able to be used for any of the restaurants?  I also have two Platinum but not sure what restaurants they will be able to be used and if different from the other three for free.

I originally had Haven booked, then needed more cabins, so moved to regular balconies and now since our date changed, seeing what the price differences will be so hadn't really paid attention to the lack of deck space since in Haven, but now in balcony wondering besides the pool, are there other places to see the ocean without laying by pool or pool decks? I don't want the sun and I could care less looking at a pool, I can do that at my home.  I want to see the ocean with an umbrella or overhang.

Also, for those that have made a dash for Vibe passes, have you always gotten them or have many of you been disappointed? I know Vibe on Encore will be much larger but wondering if you were able to get passes in the past?

I also read on this thread the balconies will be larger.  Will all balconies be larger or just certain decks, I'm asking since I will be moving our cabins again this week since I need more cabins for my family.

Thank you all so much and THANK YOU Doug for the pictures!

I would say the best places for ocean viewing outside, other than the pool deck, haven or vibe will be the waterfront and your own balcony. For ocean viewing inside with a/c, I would say the observation lounge and the spa if you have a spa room or pass.

Mary Ann

43 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

I would say the best places for ocean viewing outside, other than the pool deck, haven or vibe will be the waterfront and your own balcony. For ocean viewing inside with a/c, I would say the observation lounge and the spa if you have a spa room or pass.

Mary Ann

Thank you. Guess the waterfront seating area, if available, would be the best place after the balcony and forgot about the observation lounge, that too, if seating is available.

7 minutes ago, aero777 said:

Great views of the ocean from the District Brew House. However, you must keep your head off the bar to enjoy.

Not sure can promise that so will need to look for other options LOL

2 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Doug, quick, call that crane operator and tell him or her to load a big LED screen, two hot tubs, a bar, and maybe a grotto on that top deck aft, before it’s too late!! 😂

No, the magic pool like on Epic!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Does anyone know if the Choir of Man is comp. On MyNCL it still shows as $15.99. 

The website is a mess right now. As Choir of Man has been promoted as one of the two main shows, I think it's fair to assume it will be in the theatre and will be complementary.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

I had the same question. Mine is still showing $15.99 for my Encore sailing in Dec 19

it's free.

We paid on the Escape last July when it was in the supper club.

As others have said, since it moved to main theater, it's free.

And, BTW, do not miss it. Best show we've ever seen on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to comment on this or not but I do know from reading several posts that the expanded Vibe area is concerning a lot of folks. So that said, I just found a very recent youtube review of the Joy from Northern Viking Explorer (at 1:27 minutes) that shows the area on deck 19 that has the hot tub and section of bar adjacent to Vibe has now been walled off so it is all Vibe, no longer genreal access. Seems to be a change that is not exclusive to Encore and will most likely happen to more ships unless guests do a lot of complaining about reduced public deck space. Oh well still looking forward to February 2020 on Encore!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCLGirl2013 said:

I had the same question. Mine is still showing $15.99 for my Encore sailing in Dec 19

NCL Girl, it looks like you can make reservations on August 19 or so, is that right? If so can you post at the time to let us know if it is comp or not? I am not on ii until next May. 

19 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

NCL Girl, it looks like you can make reservations on August 19 or so, is that right? If so can you post at the time to let us know if it is comp or not? I am not on ii until next May. 

I’m sailing Encore in 109 days and it still shows “book onboard”  $15.99 fee. Not worried about it though. I probably could call to make reservations like I did for the specialty restaurants, but I will just wing it on the shows.

Edited by aero777
  • Like 1

I’m booked for the New York to Miami Panama Canal cruise November 2020.  Been checking prices daily (right now in inside cabin 😢).  Checked cruise prices this am and to our surprise a 20% drop in price.....apparently for Latitudes members. Shock and awe!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bragstarr said:

I’m booked for the New York to Miami Panama Canal cruise November 2020.  Been checking prices daily (right now in inside cabin 😢).  Checked cruise prices this am and to our surprise a 20% drop in price.....apparently for Latitudes members. Shock and awe!

How does that work? You called about an existing booking, do they figure what it would be at the current price minus 20 percent?

Kristie B, exactly, except my cabin price had not moved.  So I still got the same cabin, 20% more off it and my two Cruise Next deposits also stayed put, as did my din8ng package.  Saved over $600.  Unless your cabin price went up tremendously, it has be a savings!

Hi all quick question...I’m sailing out of New York on Encore. I wanted to know if you are required to leave your keys with the parking attendant when you park at the Manhattan cruise terminal? I was searching the boards and can’t seem to find a post about it. Thanks!!