Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

11 minutes ago, CazV said:

Think this is the first time I've seen it... interesting design.

Yes its interesting.  Looks like fabric.  It also looks a lot less expensive than the other chandeliers. It seems Epic has the most expensive and now we are down to a fabric?  They also removed the textured walls in this area from the last few ships.  This is definitely more minimalist. I think (or hope) the fabric is covering the fancy glass part of the chandelier.  But you can see some of the fabric is clever designs so who knows.  The columns are also different.  More narrow with a light design.

Its just not dramatic enough to take photos next to like on the other ships.  Epic is still my favorite but that thing was made by a famous designer with authentic crystal I believe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Epic is still my favorite but that thing was made by a famous designer with authentic crystal I believe.

Epic was the first ship I cruised on, and I remember when I saw that chandelier for the first time it took my breath away.

Kinda hoping the Encore chandelier will look better in real life than that image... we'll see!

1 hour ago, CazV said:

Kinda hoping the Encore chandelier will look better in real life than that image... we'll see!

I think they all look better in person than what can be revealed through renderings.

I’m thinking this one is curved & twisted panels of crystal meant to appear somewhat-fabric/ribbon like.  It has the potential to be beautiful in person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Don’t the visitors know we want to see if the wonky-c has been fixed?!?  Pan right, pan right!

Heheh!

One thing we do know: This week will be the last pics from the visitor's gallery of a NCL ship at Meyer Werft in the foreseeable future. It's a bit sad farewell. :classic_sad:

The end of a class, maybe even an end of the first golden era of cruising innovations as on board features even reached an higher level.
Over seven years ago, on the 4th of May 2012 the keel was laid for the Breakaway, the first ever Everything thread even started several months after the keel laying :classic_laugh:,  and here we are, on a rainy '19 August weekend we will see Encore float out.

Let's hope the Italians will give us a glimpse now and then in 2022 (and up to 2027, one of six to be delivered each year..), so if any NCL exec or Italian shipyard owner reads this: Me and my CruiseCritic friends would like to keep the tradition of the Everything threads.. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Heheh!

One thing we do know: This week will be the last pics from the visitor's gallery of a NCL ship at Meyer Werft in the foreseeable future. It's a bit sad farewell. :classic_sad:

The end of a class, maybe even an end of the first golden era of cruising innovations as on board features even reached an higher level.
Over seven years ago, on the 4th of May 2012 the keel was laid for the Breakaway, the first ever Everything thread even started several months after the keel laying :classic_laugh:,  and here we are, on a rainy '19 August weekend we will see Encore float out.

Let's hope the Italians will give us a glimpse now and then in 2022 (and up to 2027, one of six to be delivered each year..), so if any NCL exec or Italian shipyard owner reads this: Me and my CruiseCritic friends would like to keep the tradition of the Everything threads.. :classic_biggrin:

Thank You very much for all of your information and assistance through the years.

Yes, even from the Pacific Northwest of the United States, it is a little sad for me to see this date coming.

THANK YOU AND BEST WISHES

Mandy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Thank You very much for all of your information and assistance through the years.

Yes, even from the Pacific Northwest of the United States, it is a little sad for me to see this date coming.

THANK YOU AND BEST WISHES

Mandy

Don't forget yourself and the many who contributed, without the community there would not be an active thread.

And a special thanks to Doug!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Let's hope the Italians will give us a glimpse now and then in 2022 (and up to 2027, one of six to be delivered each year..), so if any NCL exec or Italian shipyard owner reads this: Me and my CruiseCritic friends would like to keep the tradition of the Everything threads.. 

Based on Fincantieri's build of Seaside, many of the ship building crew (and even the captain) enjoy posting on social media. There should be many pictures and videos available during the build.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

The last of the inside web cam updates...

Has some of the side glass been removed from the track?  Could they possibly be reshaping it after-the-fact, to match the renderings?  That would seem odd. 

17 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Has some of the side glass been removed from the track?  Could they possibly be reshaping it after-the-fact, to match the renderings?  That would seem odd. 

Maybe they are reshaping it after you brought it to their attention 😉

Could the "C" be next?

• Like 1

“Yesterday, the two propeller of the Norwegian Encore were mounted. A propeller is composed of five single leaves, the so-called flunken. Each flunke has a diameter of six meters and has a bodyweight of four tons.”

33F95715-FCBA-44A7-BD77-46DFFF4F0BF2.jpeg

143BB747-D511-4F8E-9EFA-D533E9B9C0F9.jpeg

1822DE2D-307F-45A2-8885-D883F1FAC24E.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 2

Think about it, a ship is pre planned way in advance, designers, mock ups, patents filed, orders given and at the yard there sure is a cruise line representative around, and when it's welded and painted and all done.. a somebody on a message board shares a photo of a really ugly wonky C on your newest ship to be. Being a NCL exec isn't easy.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Think about it, a ship is pre planned way in advance, designers, mock ups, patents filed, orders given and at the yard there sure is a cruise line representative around, and when it's welded and painted and all done.. a somebody on a message board shares a photo of a really ugly wonky C on your newest ship to be. Being a NCL exec isn't easy.

Furthermore... the renderings all

showed the two-story brewhouse with a popcorn maker.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3