Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On 8/11/2019 at 6:09 AM, Steff79 said:

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Meyer-Werft-Norwegian-Encore-verlaesst-Baudock,norwegianencore104.html

ndr will stream the float out live via internet

my hotel room is booked, hope the weather doesn´t change then i will go to Papenburg to watch the float out.

Is this the link we can use to see the float out? I clicked on it but don't read German lol 

I would really like to see it online if able

that is the source for what i wrote. there is no link at the moment.

maybe they put a link at the site at saturday or we have to search it. that should be no problem. someone will post a link, i´m sure. sometimes meyer werft have a webcam at their roof and a link at their site.

if everythink is working fine for me i will post some pics, but the internet is always slow at the meyer werft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steff79 said:

that is the source for what i wrote. there is no link at the moment.

maybe they put a link at the site at saturday or we have to search it. that should be no problem. someone will post a link, i´m sure. sometimes meyer werft have a webcam at their roof and a link at their site.

if everythink is working fine for me i will post some pics, but the internet is always slow at the meyer werft.

thank you so much for that! I would really like to watch that, have never seen a float out before.

And thank you theDougout, FreestyleNovice and all who have made this so interesting & informative. It has been fun "watching" the ship being built & learning all about the process. Makes me even more excited for May 2020

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

I'm sure theDougout and others have seen No photo description available.this but I just found this photo on the Meyer Werft facebook page, it's a tight squeeze. No more room to add to the Iona for sure!!

Thanks for that! I'm booked on Iona (not on Encore) and I'm very excited to see how crowded she feels. 180K GT and 5,200k pax double occupancy. But, 4 pools and 18 hot tubs--just a suggestion, NCL. (True, no laser tag.)

47 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Thanks for that! I'm booked on Iona (not on Encore) and I'm very excited to see how crowded she feels. 180K GT and 5,200k pax double occupancy. But, 4 pools and 18 hot tubs--just a suggestion, NCL. (True, no laser tag.)

Probably twice as much public deck space on that half a ship ☹️

Public deck space will be limited for sure, disappointing, but I still can't wait for 2/9/20!!! Just have to find another great spot to enjoy a cold brew!!

Thanks again to theDougout, Freestyle, Steph, and others for keeping us all informed as she progressed. It's been great following it for a newbie like me! Hooked forever now!!

2 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I can't fathom how NCL thinks it's ok to remove so much public deck space and create a larger Vibe area. I have a feeling some of that Vibe area will be converted back to public use. 

While I sincerely hope you are right, I highly doubt it.

What makes the whole thing a little more odd is that they've also removed Spice H2O adult area, so free sun deck space is extremely limited for a ship with 4000+ passengers.

Maybe there's something in the plans that we're, so far, unaware of.

I hope so anyway.......

I'm sailing January, 2020 and got a really terrific deal so I won't cancel, but I have thought about it because my crew loves hanging out up on deck and it could be a little busy up there.

Fingers crossed.

I got an ok deal on a balcony cabin for a Bermuda cruise that I'll keep since I can always hang out there. But I'm seriously considering canceling my Panama Canal cruise in a studio cabin since there is so little public deck space. I'll wait and see the reviews first though.

18 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Probably twice as much public deck space on that half a ship ☹️

6 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I can't fathom how NCL thinks it's ok to remove so much public deck space and create a larger Vibe area. I have a feeling some of that Vibe area will be converted back to public use. 

I promise I will NOT hijack this thread. But thinking of Iona with her 184,700 GT for ~5,200 passengers, the image shows how many pools and hot tubs Carnival Corp is providing across four decks and the full length of the ship. Not to mention loads of built-in shade structures. Yes, P&O is marketed to the British (although Americans can go too; Iona will be my 4th), but Carnival is getting an Iona-class ship and I think that Princess will be getting two. It seems to me that NCL has made a deliberate decision to make Encore so active (i.e. revenue generating) that you have to ask yourself before you book Encore: do I want to lay by a pool on my Caribbean cruise? If the answer is yes, NCL is almost challenging us to look elsewhere.

Iona Pools.jpg

The only way to get us back on Carnival is if we win a free cruise. We wont know the reality of Encore until she sails and people start posting. If they have enough people that want to use Vibe, that leaves less in our free areas. Personally, I think everything will be fine, except for those that are bound and determined to complain anyway, and most of this worrying will have been for naught. We are on a cruise to have fun and we always seem to be able to do that. Well there was that one Carnival cruise....

Edited by packercruising
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I'm not entirely sure that will be the case.  I was on the Getaway before the refurb earlier this year and I was just exploring the ship.  In the particular area where they have expanded the Vibe it was pretty dead, there isn't much to do up there but sunbathe.  I think the reason is that the Vibe is too small and sells out real fast and that other people want to be closer to the pool. So if more people by vibe passes and fill in that dead space it will open up at the pool area.  If not, it really won't make much difference.

I posted this earlier but can't remember if it was this forum or a different one.

• Like 1