Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

30 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

If you look close enough near the pool, you can already see a towel on a chair 😀

That would be mine for the first sea day on January 20th. Lmao!!

Actually we like the deck right above the pool, overlooking all of the action.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

If you zoom in, some of those balconies do not appear to have a divider. Is it possible the connecting balcony cabins will be without a divider?! 

Not every connecting stateroom is booked by people who know their neighbor. The dividers will be added at some point.

15 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

How about some top-deck detail...

60F3C0D9-5EA1-4A4C-B0E3-0B1FA7F8A5E3.jpeg

(hobo_of_the_skies on Instagram)

So it looks like the hot tubs that hang off on the top of the photo are in "free" space correct? That's the jogging track which I assume isn't fee required. Did they have those on Bliss? 

15 minutes ago, Victorious8 said:

So it looks like the hot tubs that hang off on the top of the photo are in "free" space correct? That's the jogging track which I assume isn't fee required. Did they have those on Bliss? 

Just kidding I looked back at Bliss and see it is the same.

MEYER WERFT posted a interesting fact about the Norwegian Encore on facebook

These are the chain boxes in which the anchor chain is located with a total length of 770 M (385 m per side). The chain is divided into 28 shackles 27,5 m. The chain has a total weight of approx. 245 T. The Anchors Weigh 17,25 T EACH.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bragstarr said:

Ok so really dumb question.....from the top view, those two tiny little blue squares are the pools? That’s sort of frightening if they are!

I think the squares are the deeper pools.  There appear to be shallower areas around the pools.  There will also be "catch basins" for the slides.

• Like 2

Using your analogy about dining to defend this...

...it's the equivalent of NCL only serving spam in the MDR and the buffet. What's to argue about? They're providing free food! It's YOU choice if you want to pay more in a specialty restaurant for something palatable. 

So yes, they ARE providing free deck space! Sure it's a tiny fraction of what is available on comparable ships and will be so overcowded I really do think fights will break out, but it's YOUR choice if you want to pay for access to other parts of the ship for a better experience. Freestyle, baby! 

• Like 1

Queenofzoom I don’t care about lack of deck space, having to pay for a Vibe Pass, Go Kart, Laser tag or speciality dining or any other options that I may have to pay for.

I am not going on a cruise to sunbathe like 90 percent of people who comment in here do.

I am going on a cruise for the awesome entertainment, food and dining options, to meet new people from around the world and visit spectacular new places and beaches on the port shore excursions.

If I want to sunbathe I’ll do it on my excursions when I visit private beaches and islands.

Yes this is my first cruise but I know what I want and have no issue paying for it.

Also If I want to chill and watch the sea I can do that from my balcony with no issues.

2 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Queenofzoom I don’t care about lack of deck space, having to pay for a Vibe Pass, Go Kart, Laser tag or speciality dining or any other options that I may have to pay for.

I am not going on a cruise to sunbathe like 90 percent of people who comment in here do.

I am going on a cruise for the awesome entertainment, food and dining options, to meet new people from around the world and visit spectacular new places and beaches on the port shore excursions.

If I want to sunbathe I’ll do it on my excursions when I visit private beaches and islands.

Yes this is my first cruise but I know what I want and have no issue paying for it.

Also If I want to chill and watch the sea I can do that from my balcony with no issues.

I can literally picture Frank Del Rio rubbing his nipples while reading this

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Maybe come back to share your opinions after you've actually been on a cruise or two.

• Like 2

Personally, I hate the sun and spend next to ZERO time on the pool deck on any of my cruises except to maybe get a quick boat drink at one of the poolside bars or to people-watch for a bit. But I am still very troubled by the lack of public pool deck space because I know a lot of cruisers DO enjoy and use that space. Every time I go to the pool deck during the day time in nice weather on a cruise, it is packed. All of those people who are usually utilizing the pool deck during those times are going to be driven to other areas of the ship on the Encore. That means the spaces that *I* enjoy, like the observation lounge, District Brew House, and Waterfront are no longer going to be the quiet sanctuaries I have come to expect. They will be overrun with the overflow from the limited upper deck spaces.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, packercruising said:

We aren't going to use any of those pay venues and we aren't cancelling. That is 2 decks out of 20. We won't have any trouble finding things to do.

The fun activities on 10 of those decks requires an invitation from a stateroom occupant.  It’s usually free, however. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

I think the squares are the deeper pools.  There appear to be shallower areas around the pools.  There will also be "catch basins" for the slides.

Now that you have pointed it out I see what you are talking about.  Thank you because I was really beginning to wonder about the pool sizes.

18 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Now that you have pointed it out I see what you are talking about.  Thank you because I was really beginning to wonder about the pool sizes.

Here are the splash zones @Son of a son of a ... pointed out, as seen on Bliss (no diving)...

C3078EBA-EE79-4170-AF0E-597D217E0176.jpeg

Edit: on Encore, this photo could be labeled “The public upper deck space.” 

Edit again: for anyone that sees this and says “wow, that doesn’t look crowded at all!”  This photo was take in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on a sailing at around 50% of max capacity on a 55 degree day.  

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Here are the splash zones @Son of a son of a ... pointed out, as seen on Bliss (no diving)...

Edit: on Encore, this photo could be labeled “The public upper deck space.” 

I would have loved that empty pool deck on our Bliss Thanksgiving cruise last year.  They even had chairs (sitting kind) lined up all around the outside of the pool.  You had to really weave in and out just to get to the pool.

We are doing the Escape again this Thanksgiving but I am really looking forward to hear how the Encore Thanksgiving cruise is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Edit again: for anyone that sees this and says “wow, that doesn’t look crowded at all!”  This photo was take in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean on a sailing at around 50% of max capacity on a 55 degree day.  

I figured that was the case.  My comment was more about how really really crowded the pool deck was on our Bliss Thanksgiving cruise and we even had Spice H2O and the upper deck (now Vibe extended).  The Encore pool area that week (and every week) will be insane.  The pool deck space and being in the sun may not be important to everyone but it is important to enough.

• Like 1