Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

6 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

How are the glow partys at Bliss? Loved the glow parties at H2O in front of the screen.

The Bliss equivalent (Caliente?) is held around the pool deck.  TBH, I think the relocation kills the atmosphere.  Nothing will ever compare to the Escape’s deck parties up at Spice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So now you cannot even find that cruise. In case it comes back with open rooms please write something on here.

Thanks everyone

Wrong board. Still I was talking about TA.

Edited by AndrzejT

8 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Everyone just needs to "vote" on the new deck layout with their wallet.  If you truly do not like the Encore's layout, don't sail her.

Agree!  Loss of Spice is a punch in the throat to a lot of us...whether you are a sun worshiper or not.  It was a "retreat" for non-Haven "peasants" and those who didn't want to play the insane game of getting a Vibe Pass for extra $.  It was an awesome space IMO.  

RIP Spice H20.  We had some great times, but higher powers beyond our control felt you were unnecessary and worthless and therefore replaced you with "stuff".  Sorry Spice. 😞

Thank goodness there are many other sailing options out there...

🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

RIP Spice H20.  We had some great times, but higher powers beyond our control felt you were unnecessary and worthless and therefore replaced you with "stuff". 

Did I miss a press release that Spice was being removed from Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy and Bliss? 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Cruises used to be mostly all inclusive.  They are trending toward making everything ala carte.  What is going to be left of what is included in the cost of the cruise except the cost of the gas and room?

I've been surfing CC posts and have been moved to 'put my two cents in' on the often noted complaints about 'nickel & dime-ing' practices on cruise ships...Extra fees, surcharges, gratuties, resort fees, service charges, VAT's. These 'pick pocket' expenses appear to be the norm in the travel industry these days, especially hotels and airlines. I don't like it but I get it...However when it comes to cruises I have no issue with the increase of these extra charges...IMHO cruising is still the best value in travel. Hotel accommodations, meals, transportation and entertaiment all included in one relatively affordable and competitive price. Individual purchasing of these basic vacation expenses easily exceed most cruise ship fares, including the standard taxes, fees & gratuties...If a cruise line makes profit, from elective purchases by customers with the ability to pay, well that's business...Again, I get the resentment and annoyance with all these extra 'value added' charges. But, when it comes to cruising there are few better travel values.

8 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Did I miss a press release that Spice was being removed from Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy and Bliss? 

Shh..do not give Norwegian any ideas. If this proves successfully, i wont be surprised to see Spice being removed from these ships in future drydocks

Thanks for the clarification on the pools and I can see those blue areas are catch basins now.  I’m getting the idea.  I have another question now.  On that pic of the Bliss pool area above, there’s what appears to be a running track on the deck above.  Does that mean no lounge chairs there either? That’s where we usually sat.  Caught the overflow from the pool area.  Looking more and more like there are less and less chairs in the sun.

on another topic, putting all of this  above into the realm of inconsequential stuff, please anyone in the hurricane area be careful and safe.  As I’ve said I have a house in Florida (currently being battened against the storm) but am in NY now so I’m personally ok.  I do have many friends and relatives I’m concerned about.  If anyone’s on a canceled cruise it’s a good reason.  Safety comes before anything!

5 hours ago, bragstarr said:

Thanks for the clarification on the pools and I can see those blue areas are catch basins now.  I’m getting the idea.  I have another question now.  On that pic of the Bliss pool area above, there’s what appears to be a running track on the deck above.  Does that mean no lounge chairs there either? That’s where we usually sat.  Caught the overflow from the pool area.  Looking more and more like there are less and less chairs in the sun.

There are lounge chairs on the inside of the jogging track along the railing.  You can see them if you look closely.

38 minutes ago, CazV said:

Can't help but be intrigued buy what's hidden under all the tents in the Vibe Beach Club...

That forward section is so high... maybe it’ll be a large screen and they’ll indeed open Vibe up as the evening deck parties (much like they used to do with Spice).

A3CD6BC6-2D04-4230-A75B-301CBE9584BD.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

Shh..do not give Norwegian any ideas. If this proves successfully, i wont be surprised to see Spice being removed from these ships in future drydocks

What next, no ice cream too.

Say what ya want about Carnival, but even new ships still have nice deck space. So does Disney.

6 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

That forward section is so high... maybe it’ll be a large screen and they’ll indeed open Vibe up as the evening deck parties (much like they used to do with Spice).

A3CD6BC6-2D04-4230-A75B-301CBE9584BD.jpeg

But with th bar there it is not so much space there. Or it is high enough that you see it good from the next upper sun deck? 

The idea is great. We will see. 

Edited by Steff79

I feel like not many people are talking about Encore here. I’m comparing it to how many comments were posted so often for Bliss and Escape leading up to its first sailing. There were so many questions and a lot of excitement mixed in with of course the concerns. We sail on Encore next fall and I look forward to coming to these threads to see updates.

1 hour ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

I feel like not many people are talking about Encore here. I’m comparing it to how many comments were posted so often for Bliss and Escape leading up to its first sailing. There were so many questions and a lot of excitement mixed in with of course the concerns. We sail on Encore next fall and I look forward to coming to these threads to see updates.

Theres been over 2200 posts....  that isn’t a lot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coreysgrl06 said:

You could always add to the conversation instead of lurking... 🙂

I think Cruise Critic is generally quieter than it once was.

6 minutes ago, CazV said:

You could always add to the conversation instead of lurking... 🙂

I think Cruise Critic is generally quieter than it once was.

I’ve contributed...just making an observation. I appreciate the comments and pictures people share about the ship here. 

• Like 2

Encore is the 4th ship in the class, the 3rd ship with go-karts, the 2nd ship with laser tag, and the 1st without Spice H2O. Other than the ghastly hull art, there isn't much that is new to discuss.

• Like 1

It’s my first time on a Breakaway Plus class ship too. There are concerns in my head but we will have a great time no matter what! I think the unanswered questions we  have are just that.....no answers yet! 

• Like 1