Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

Seeing the depressing pool deck photos makes it even more unforgivable that NCL has done away with Spice H2O on Encore. I just returned from my first MSC cruise (Italy and Greece on Magnifica), and I loved it so much I have been shopping for future MSC cruises. Have you heard of Meraviglia, which is coming to Miami in November? Below is Meraviglia's pool and hot tub facilities. The ship is 172k GT and 4,500 passengers. So, just a little bigger than BA+ class. I did not include the large splash park with slides, water buckets and a ropes course. I did include the Yacht Club facilities. Both of these are relevant because they will draw families and/or the wealthy away from the free public pools.

Here is my info-graphic. Notice SPICE H2O, I mean Horizon Pool and Bar terraced over the height of three decks. Notice four large pools in three zones, one enclosed. Notice seven large public hot tubs in three zones. Notice a Yacht Club pool that is an actual pool with bar and sun deck. I thought HAL was going to be my post-NCL go-to cruise line, but I think it's MSC.

Enjoy!

Meraviglia.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

I thought HAL was going to be my post-NCL go-to cruise line, but I think it's MSC.

Although I haven't sailed Meraviglia yet, we had a great cruise on Seaside. I haven't forsaken NCL but I've added MSC to my cruiseline of choice list. I'm looking forward to MSC Seashore and to the MSC World Class ship...but I'm also looking forward to NCL's Project Leonardo.

9 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Seeing the depressing pool deck photos makes it even more unforgivable that NCL has done away with Spice H2O on Encore. I just returned from my first MSC cruise (Italy and Greece on Magnifica), and I loved it so much I have been shopping for future MSC cruises. Have you heard of Meraviglia, which is coming to Miami in November? Below is Meraviglia's pool and hot tub facilities.

Have our first MSC cruise on the Meraviglia scheduled for October.  The deck plans (and overall layout of the ship) definitely intrigued us when booking. It's a cruise to Canada and New England, so not sure how much outside pool usage there will be, but having an indoor/enclosed one is great.

11 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

...but I'm also looking forward to NCL's Project Leonardo.

I was more excited about Leonardo before watching the top-deck progression from

Escape > Bliss > Encore.  Based on recent trends, I’m not overly confident that they’ll get it right.  

But... we’re definitely in need of a reboot, and it sure will be fun to watch.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

Have our first MSC cruise on the Meraviglia scheduled for October.  The deck plans (and overall layout of the ship) definitely intrigued us when booking. It's a cruise to Canada and New England, so not sure how much outside pool usage there will be, but having an indoor/enclosed one is great.

Oops! I thought Meraviglia was arriving in November. I hope you have an awesome cruise.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

visited Meraviglia in Hamburg, i liked the indoor pool, kids aqua park and the pool area at the aft ( like H2O with a pool ). but the MSC Style is a little to glittering for me, not so curios to sail them. but the seaside looks interesting. like the 678 with waterfront more then the same decks at Meraviglia. Meraviglia has some single rooms too. One thing i wonder at Meraviglia, why they didn´t made their aft theater like the 270 at quantum class?

Edited by Steff79

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

visit Meraviglia in Hamburg, i liked the indoor pool, kids aqua park and the pool area at the aft ( like H2O with a pool ). but the MSC Style is a little to glittering for me, not so curios to sail them. like the 678 with waterfront more then the same decks at Meraviglia. Meraviglia has some single rooms too. One thing i wonder at Meraviglia, why they didn´t made their aft theater like the 270 at quantum class?

For myself, I like a little bit of glitter! Yes, I was surprised that they have "studio" cabins. They borrowed that idea from RC more than NCL, as each studio is connected to a family cabin. Someplace to put Grandma or the nanny, I guess. Perhaps they didn't go the 270 route, as they have a dedicated Cirque du Soleil theater?

• Like 2

MSC attracts a mixed clientele here in Europe, because of that it's also not very high on my list too Steff79. Too much of a gamble for an enjoyable vacation. 

I wonder how their "American" product goes vs NCL but with the posters here some will probably/hopefully report back! :classic_smile:

Leonardo class should be really interesting, each new class of ships might spark a pax evolution as it did in the past with the older ships and mega ships? And by chance it could be our turn now.. :classic_blush:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Seeing the depressing pool deck photos makes it even more unforgivable that NCL has done away with Spice H2O on Encore. I just returned from my first MSC cruise (Italy and Greece on Magnifica), and I loved it so much I have been shopping for future MSC cruises. Have you heard of Meraviglia, which is coming to Miami in November? Below is Meraviglia's pool and hot tub facilities. The ship is 172k GT and 4,500 passengers. So, just a little bigger than BA+ class. I did not include the large splash park with slides, water buckets and a ropes course. I did include the Yacht Club facilities. Both of these are relevant because they will draw families and/or the wealthy away from the free public pools.[...]

After looking at alternatives to Encore, we booked a Yacht Club "Deluxe Suite" on the Meraviglia. For only a slight premium over a midship balcony on the Encore (same date), but with a significantly larger stateroom and access to the Yacht Club with all its perks, I thought it was a no-brainer. Based on the renderings, I much prefer NCLs interior and exterior design, and I'm sure it's fun to gokart on a ship, but not at any cost. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

MSC attracts a mixed clientele here in Europe, because of that it's also not very high on my list too Steff79. Too much of a gamble for an enjoyable vacation. 

I wonder how their "American" product goes vs NCL but with the posters here some will probably/hopefully report back! :classic_smile:

Leonardo class should be really interesting, each new class of ships might spark a pax evolution as it did in the past with the older ships and mega ships? And by chance it could be our turn now.. :classic_blush:

I think we should all except the Leonardo ships to be somewhat similar to the MSC Seaside and Virgin ships as they are all based on the same general design. Of course there will be the NCL regulars (Cagneys, LeBistro, etc.) but I am hopeful for some new or different pool areas/designs than on other ships.

I do wonder why NCL went with Fincantieri and didn't stay with Meyer Werft. It was probably a cost decision (i.e. this universal ship design) and we all know how FDR feels about costs...

Perhaps they will return to Meyer Werft someday

Edited by kenns

after Del Rio took over someone wrote here very early that the next ships are coming from Italy because he builds all ships there in the past. Never cruised with a Fincantieri ship.

i´m sure that the Leonardo class will have different pool decks,  one pool deck for Haven, one for Vibe and a small for all.

8 hours ago, kenns said:

I do wonder why NCL went with Fincantieri and didn't stay with Meyer Werft. It was probably a cost decision (i.e. this universal ship design) and we all know how FDR feels about costs...

Perhaps they will return to Meyer Werft someday

Meyer Werft has size limits due to the building hall and the river ems conveyances

Fincantieri shipyard does not have these issues

On 9/4/2019 at 3:33 PM, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Seeing the depressing pool deck photos makes it even more unforgivable that NCL has done away with Spice H2O on Encore. I just returned from my first MSC cruise (Italy and Greece on Magnifica), and I loved it so much I have been shopping for future MSC cruises. Have you heard of Meraviglia, which is coming to Miami in November? Below is Meraviglia's pool and hot tub facilities. The ship is 172k GT and 4,500 passengers. So, just a little bigger than BA+ class. I did not include the large splash park with slides, water buckets and a ropes course. I did include the Yacht Club facilities. Both of these are relevant because they will draw families and/or the wealthy away from the free public pools.

Here is my info-graphic. Notice SPICE H2O, I mean Horizon Pool and Bar terraced over the height of three decks. Notice four large pools in three zones, one enclosed. Notice seven large public hot tubs in three zones. Notice a Yacht Club pool that is an actual pool with bar and sun deck. I thought HAL was going to be my post-NCL go-to cruise line, but I think it's MSC.

Enjoy!

Meraviglia.jpg

Same!!!

Agree 100%!!

Booked three more YCs between now and next November. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Interesting reveal in this photo from from N. Schmitz-Overlander Photography - the Waterfront light strip is GREEN! 

Haven’t all prior ships been that deep purple? 

I wonder if the other side will be red.  Might be best to stay away from navigational colors.