Cruise Critic Community
TheDougOut

Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

I believe last time I saw a sign on a NCL ship the chair hog time was 30 minutes. When did it change? The big issue, IMHO, lots of passengers make up their own rules or actual time gone from the chairs and NCL never enforces anything.

(Sorry for the OT post, now back to the regular discussion.) ☺

ETA-just read further down the thread. IMHO, 60 minutes seems a long time to prevent others from enjoying something because others are doing something else. 30 minutes not unreasonable at all.

I do hate to hijack the thread, but I could not disagree more.

30 minutes is completely unreasonable. 

My wife and I love to grab a drink and sit in a whirlpool or by the side of the pool while lounging on sea days. Many, many, many times we end up sitting with some very nice people and socialize a little. We are often away from our chairs for 30 to 45 minutes. With a 30 minute rule, we'd have to drastically change the way we enjoy our days. Heck, it can take 10+ minutes just to get drinks and get to a whirlpool. 

I have no intention of changing and will similarly enjoy myself on my upcoming Encore cruise. And since the rule has been 60 minutes on all the cruises I've been on, it's a moot point.

I think the issue has more to do with those that reserve the chair without ever using it with the intent of returning at some point and not those that are using the chair and get up to enjoy the bar/pool/hot tub with the intent of returning.

13 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I think the issue has more to do with those that reserve the chair without ever using it with the intent of returning at some point and not those that are using the chair and get up to enjoy the bar/pool/hot tub with the intent of returning.

Exactly. I often will get up and go into the buffet for lunch and then return to the chair. 60 minutes is plenty. 30 is pushing it. I’d never hold a chair for hours. 

It's been a quiet week for new photos of a ship that is supposed to be on a conveyance at the end of this month, I believe that is the schedule anyway. Getting anxious to see some interior shots!!

43 minutes ago, prbffd28 said:

It's been a quiet week for new photos of a ship that is supposed to be on a conveyance at the end of this month, I believe that is the schedule anyway. Getting anxious to see some interior shots!!

We need intel! 

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Well, here is another money grab idea for NCL.  As each person boards, they offer them a folding lounger for $50 for the cruise.  If they pay, the lounger gets labeled with their name and they need to find their own deck space.  If they do not pay, no lounging for them!

:classic_laugh:

34 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Well, here is another money grab idea for NCL.  As each person boards, they offer them a folding lounger for $50 for the cruise.  If they pay, the lounger gets labeled with their name and they need to find their own deck space.  If they do not pay, no lounging for them!

:classic_laugh:

LOL but if I wasn't in the Haven, I WOULD pay for this and for those that want to pay to have a lounger, I guess it's the Vibe.

4 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Signs on Sun earlier this month were still 60 minutes. 

That is why people should always check the dailies for the correct info for their cruise. On one ship for a particular sailing, I've seen 30 minutes. On the same ship for a different sailing, I've seen 60 minutes.

I'd hate for someone to think it's 30 minutes when it really is 60.

I'd hate for someone to think it's 60 minutes when it really is 30.

One of our first cruises was on a ship that assigned you a deck chair. It had your name on it.

For some reason we lucked out and got one by the pool. I don't remember all this anxiety

surrounding chairs. In any event at some point in time cruise ships  changed and now we have the

situation with competition and chair hogging. This is not the way to treat customers. In some ways

I blame the cruise lines more than the passengers for not providing an adequate product.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, JamieLogical said:

Okay, this news about allowing smoking on the Waterfront has me pretty upset. I was coping okay-ish with the diminished public deck space and how that meant that more of the sun worshipers might be encroaching on my quiet spaces, but now they smokers get my Waterfront? This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I'd suggest you try out another line for a trip, such as maybe Royal Caribbean.  The constant penny pinching at NCL and downgrades like this have me booking away from NCL for the moment.  Hope it turns back the other way sometime.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, coriemarie said:

Over-dramatic here. There was smoking on the water front when I sailed the getaway. It was a 20 ft length area by one of the bars.

The waterfront stretches all the way around the ship. This is in no way the smokers 'getting YOUR waterfront'.

Given you are a smoker, I'd say you're a bit biased on this topic.

34 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

Given you are a smoker, I'd say you're a bit biased on this topic.

I'd rather have the smokers who tend to stay in designated areas rather than the overly done perfume/cologne/aftershave people....

2 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

I'd rather have the smokers who tend to stay in designated areas rather than the overly done perfume/cologne/aftershave people....

Good one. Very true.

2 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Not remotely alike.  Smokers are in a league of their own.  

3 minutes ago, fallujahkid said:

Not remotely alike.  Smokers are in a league of their own.  

Not really on cruises, have to deal with the perfume/cologne/aftershave people in the hallways, elevators, shops, theater, MDRs, specialty restaurants, etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Let’s stick to the script, folks.  I, too, have veered off course, but think: Encore.  She is soon in service.

Nice try.  

3 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Not really on cruises, have to deal with the perfume/cologne/aftershave people in the hallways, elevators, shops, theater, MDRs, specialty restaurants, etc etc. 

You’re comparing breathing in second hand smoke to catching a whiff of aftershave in an elevator? Good grief...🙄

10 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Nice try.  

Agree..too bad it didn’t work😞

18 minutes ago, cknic said:

Agree..too bad it didn’t work😞

I keep checking here for updates...not another smoking thread

46 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I keep checking here for updates...not another smoking thread

Or chair hogging LOL

I keep checking here too.  Can't wait to see inside pictures!

It appears some of the laser tag arena has made an appearance.

5A894B28-5F36-49EC-AE7E-DEC3627C1703.jpeg

(IG: metallhandwerkkreisahrweiler)

Edited by TheDougOut

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

It appears some of the laser tag arena has made an appearance.

5A894B28-5F36-49EC-AE7E-DEC3627C1703.jpeg

(IG: metallhandwerkkreisahrweiler)

Thank you.  Looks great!

So happy they fixed the "C" 🙂