Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On 9/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, GA Dave said:

I do not smoke, but I just thought this was ridiculous.  If they are going to prohibit smoking in the park, then they also need to reject people wearing way too much cologne/perfume, those that have not bathed in days, etc.

After seeing this, walking to the aft end of the ship does not seem as bad.

Are you serious?  A small difference between an uncomfortable odor and second hand smoke.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cruiser Bruiser said:

Would it surprise you to learn that many of HAL's, shall we say, "traditional" passengers (at least those that post on CC) despise Oprah and HAL's affiliation with her? It has been the source of many an acrimonious post over on the HAL boards. But, HAL made a smart choice, as Oprah represents where the brand is heading. I imagine that the choice of a godmother is fraught with unintended consequences. I personally love Kelly Clarkson, but maybe not enough to encourage me to sail Encore.

Sorry to go OT, but I had to comment on this.  What does "traditional" mean in this sense - racist?  If so, then call them what they are and don't use much nicer "code" words.

1 hour ago, JCDCA said:

Sorry to go OT, but I had to comment on this.  What does "traditional" mean in this sense - racist?  If so, then call them what they are and don't use much nicer "code" words.

It means older, more mature, retired. I agree with Cruiser Bruiser and Racism has nothing to do with it.

Edited by packercruising
  • Like 2

It is hard to focus on the Encore.  Find one of the beautiful photos of the ship in this thread.  With your thumb cover up the areas of the Haven and Vibe.  From the aft with your other thumb cover up the laser tag arena and racetrack.  Look at what you have left.  Once you stop laughing and or crying wait patiently for pictures of the hallway carpeting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cemushr said:

The rumor is that Silas is going to be moving over to Encore, and Jovo coming on as Hotel Director.

Its no rumor.  Silas told me in May when I saw him on the Bliss that he will be on the Encore from it's launch until his vacation in January 2020.

• Like 4

Sailing in December 2020. I have never bothered with vibe before- but how do you purchase? At guest services? With OBC? I tend to buy small amounts of obc Every week in the months prior to my cruise so I feel like I am not spending on the cruise, and I want to factor that in if it is an obc purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weetahbugdotcom said:

Sailing in December 2020. I have never bothered with vibe before- but how do you purchase? At guest services? With OBC? I tend to buy small amounts of obc Every week in the months prior to my cruise so I feel like I am not spending on the cruise, and I want to factor that in if it is an obc purchase.

It's on board and first come first served - so you need to be among the first on board. $200 something. On other ships it sells out fast as there's not a lot of passes - I believe under 100. One would think with an expanded area they'd be selling a lot more passes, but no one knows if it'll still be a mad rush to get them or not.

2 hours ago, Weetahbugdotcom said:

From what I understand you have to purchase it onboard, and since the number of passes are limited those who board early have the best chance of getting one.

3 hours ago, Weetahbugdotcom said:

From NCL Encore

Guests will jump for joy upon discovering this 2-story, private retreat where they can connect with the ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with incredible ocean views, hot tubs that extend over the side of the ship, and a misting water feature - ideal for relaxation. A full-service bar, chaise loungers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. Passes available for purchase on board at the Guest Services desk.

From Cruise critic website

Day passes are available for $99 per person. Weeklong passes cost $209 per person. Either pass can be used at any time during the Vibe Beach Club's regular hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (subject to change based on the sailing). Booked passengers cannot buy passes online. All passes must be purchased onboard at Guest Services; they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Weetahbugdotcom said:

You will need to be the very first to arrive at the port. Be first in line at security. Be first through checkin with a very low Boarding Group. You’ll need to figure out the terminal and be first when your boarding Groupons called. Then walk fast to the sales point (don’t assume that it is at guest services per web site). There will be a lot of priority boarders before you, so quick general boarding will improve your chances of getting a pass. Plus they will sell more passes with the larger vibe on the Encore. 

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You will need to be the very first to arrive at the port. Be first in line at security. Be first through checkin with a very low Boarding Group. You’ll need to figure out the terminal and be first when your boarding Groupons called. Then walk fast to the sales point (don’t assume that it is at guest services per web site). There will be a lot of priority boarders before you, so quick general boarding will improve your chances of getting a pass. Plus they will sell more passes with the larger vibe on the Encore. 

I am mostly wondering if I can buy with OBC or if it’s some weird purgatory of after you check in but before you start using OBC!

3 minutes ago, Weetahbugdotcom said:

I am mostly wondering if I can buy with OBC or if it’s some weird purgatory of after you check in but before you start using OBC!

OBC usually does not immediately show up on your on board account. But that doesn't really matter, it only needs to show up by the end of the cruise when they settle your account. 

The only restrictions NCL places on OBC is on non-refundable OBC - it will not be used towards the DSC.

• Like 1

On other ships it's a set number of passes, I wouldn't think they'd deviate from that on encore. 

Whether it's worth it depends on what you think. I never bothered with it even when it was half the price - spice handled all my adult-only needs. But without a spice vibe is the only adult-only area up on deck and now all adult-only areas all come with a surcharge (vibe and the spa).

If I ever find myself on encore I'll strongly consider vibe, but have no plans to go on encore at the moment - having to pay for vibe makes it more expensive than any other ship and I very much like the ability to be away from kids. 

• Like 1

As for Vibe, I’d rather pay 210/420$ more for this experience (no crowding, no kids, hot tubs, loungers, etc), than deal with the s**t show also known as the main pool and sun decks on the other ships. In the past we used to book Haven, now I save it $$$$ and replace it with all nights Specialty Dining, Thermal Suite passes, and Vibe. Thinking our Platinum status and some quick feet will help us get to the sales point to purchase. 

Booked second trip on Encore, now added another Bermuda in May. It will be our 5th or 6th trip on NCL to Bermuda. May will be my first Vibe purchase. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 11:57 AM, TheDougOut said:

Back to blue lights on the Waterfront... so I guess they can alter the color.

236BCD5D-BFE5-410C-A281-5392DA9BFBC0.jpeg

(IG: nadine._.31.01.2k)

If they can change them to Red/Green that would be pretty darn effective for Nav lights in limited visibility operations, esp approaching and departing ports. 

• Like 1

Conveyance? Should be this week, right?. If not, for those of us on the TA, this would be concerning and a mean a delay in the plan. 

Interesting note on the MW site, esp the strong cease and desist part!?! I mean people are actually calling?

I bet the big stupid snake is holding it all up! 🤣🤣

1D44F09C-7432-4DAB-A8C6-7DFBE1262D53.jpeg

• Like 1