Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

Currently the weather forecast is not very promising. There´s a storm passing over Germany with high winds. And that will be tomorrow and on Monday.

steamboats

At 3AM on 30th Winds at nearby Groningen (closest weather reporting airport) are forecast to be 260 (SW) at 15knots steady until 7AM no gusts, which is an Improvement from the 29th which forecasts gusts to 25 knots. 

Ill update when the new forecasts come out if anyone is interested. I certainly am watching pretty close a a TA pax, and watching Proving Runs/Sea Trials closely as possible as well. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Its almost October.  When are those interior photos going to leak 🙂

Any worker of the Meyer Werft would lose his job for leaking photos.

All interior photos leaked prior to the hand over are made by NCL staff...

steamboats

• Like 1

@SailBreakaway According to the German forecast the storm front called Mortimer will pass over Germany mainly on Monday partly today. The stormy weather will continue til Wednesday. For tomorrow morning Papenburg expects gusts up to 80 kmh (9 beaufort). The worst will be tonight and tomorrow morning. But for tomorrow evening there are still gusts up to 45 kmh / 6 bt in the forecast. That might be too much.

steamboats

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Any worker of the Meyer Werft would lose his job for leaking photos.

All interior photos leaked prior to the hand over are made by NCL staff...

steamboats

My statement was tongue and cheek thus the smiley face.  However, interior photos leak all the time for every construction project on earth.  I cannot remember a specific incident at Meyer Werft but the French leaked photos of the Epic like crazy.  We got to see the construction dust and cabins before NCL put anything official out.  I guess the Germans play by the rules too much 🙂

BTW, haven't we already had photos leak about a month ago? The chandelier photo and a few others in the construction dust.  

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

BTW, haven't we already had photos leak about a month ago? The chandelier photo and a few others in the construction dust.  

Yep there were a few a while back. The pics I found on Instagram seemed like they were from someone who was finished his contract from the pics posted afterwards.

1 hour ago, CazV said:

Yep there were a few a while back. The pics I found on Instagram seemed like they were from someone who was finished his contract from the pics posted afterwards.

His interior photos were removed and shortly thereafter he was posting off the ship.  That gave me a bad feeling.  

• Like 1

@david_sobe Workers and contractors are not allowed to post anything and when they got caught they lose their job. As soon as crew of the cruise line is onboard the photos start coming.

@www3traveler the schedule has been posted. The conveyance is supposed to start tomorrow night at 11 pm German time. But looking at the weather forecast there are still some heavy gusts possible and therefore I think it will be delayed....

steamboats

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, TheDougOut said:

I get way more than a single use out of my little platinum bottle of premium sink water. 

6 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Does anyone know the time for the Conveyance to begin?   

In the last few hours I have seen postings with two different times:  2200 and 1800 Germany time. 

I'm pleading ignorance here, what is the Conveyance? And why is it a milestone generating so many posts?...Also, is the Encore on track for her November 2nd Inaugural Cruise and any noted delays in the finishing touches?

The ship yard Meyer weft is not direct at the ocean. They transfer the ships via the river Ems to the ocean. The Ems is not a river for so big ships, they have to stow water that it is possible.  It is a river ride about 55 kilometers, not sure how many miles this are. If they do the transfers with daylight there are some great pictures. 

That is the way to go:

8CA1C825-F2A7-42A1-A2A0-D25932DC4038.jpeg

Edited by Steff79

9 hours ago, owsaw said:

I'm pleading ignorance here, what is the Conveyance? And why is it a milestone generating so many posts?...Also, is the Encore on track for her November 2nd Inaugural Cruise and any noted delays in the finishing touches?

As Steff79 said the Meyer Werft shipyard is inland and the ship has to go over the river Ems to get to the sea.

I haven´t heard of any major delays regarding the Norwegian Encore. She first will go to Eemshaven and then out for the sea trials. She´s supposed to return to Bremerhaven for the finishing touches. There´s no date yet for Bremerhaven as this depends on the time/date of the Ems Conveyance.

BTW weather in Bremerhaven this morning is pretty nasty and stormy.

steamboats

NDR wrote at Facebook that they stream tonight encore passing the lock and  leaving Meyer Werft. 

I’m at work at the moment and can’t look for a link. 

Last what I read was 6:30 start and 10 pm encore pass the lock at the ship yard to the Ems. Not sure what time the ndr starts streaming. 

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

Someone was mentioning on another thread about how the Encore was lacking public sundeck space, and I came here to read up and...whoa. People weren't kidding.

I'm not a sundeck person; you'll very seldom find me on a lounger baking in the sun. There are a lot of people on a cruise that are sun-worshippers, though, and I wonder what's going to happen to them? 

I tend to go for walks in the shade, especially on the Waterfront, and read books, and my main concern is that the Waterfront will get overcrowded on the Encore.

The loss of Spice H2O is pretty baffling, in my mind -- especially when it's replaced by the Galaxy Pavilion. Why not locate that somewhere else -- VR just requires a dark room. Like...anywhere in the interior of the ship. Weird.

I'm very curious to read the reviews of the Encore and find out whether these concerns are warranted. If it's a total mess, I'd imagine it wouldn't be overly difficult to reconfigure the ship to bring back some of the public spaces, I'm just not sure how long it will take for NCL to make such a decision.

7 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Just checked the Meyer website and the camera is already up and running.

steamboats

Thank you again....I know many are not too excited about the new layout of this ship but I have really enjoyed following the building of Encore, this is the first time I have watched a ship being built and it has been so much fun!  Thank you to all that have been contributing along the way, it has helped me understand the process and the terms used.  

• Like 2

Just checked the forecast... So up to 10 pm there are gusts up to 40kmh/6 beaufort in the forecast. But then there´s only a slight breeze of 10 kmh for the rest of the night.

I´m more optimistic now that the Ems Conveyance will take place more or less on time tonight (although I´ll be sound asleep).

steamboats

1 hour ago, kenns said:

just clicked on the link and it brings me to their homepage. Where/what do I click to see the live stream?

There´s no direct link to the web cam. You have to go to the main page and then click on "Live Webcam" as shown in the screenshot by @GA Dave. The web cam link on the main page can be only seen when there´s something going on. The cam picture opens in a new window.

steamboats