Top 3 things that you hate about a cruise?

Lydia B.

We are going on our first cruise in March. Everyone is going to hate me! I rarely finish an entire plate... That's the whole reason I have dogs at home! :'):'):')

Better to put a little of what you want on your plate and go back for more. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1. Tendering

2. Daily activities disguised as sales

pitches

3. Table hogs; Please find somewhere

other than the buffet or cafes

to nap, read, or play games during

prime meal times when others need

a place to sit down and eat.😠

I'm not a big fan of that last morning, where everybody's trying to go everywhere and do everything all at once. Everybody's hitting breakfast venues all at once. Everybody's trying to get somewhere that they aren't. If you're trying to do early self-disembark, people are sitting in the stairways blocking them completely. Luggage claim. Taxi lines. Airport checkin. If I didn't love going places so much, I'd never leave home, since I surely hate the trying to get back home part.

1 people taking seats for handicapped people. PS if I could walk I would! 2 being asked to leave on the last day!:mad:. 3 let's not forget the speedo people!;p. Look just get on unpack and relax!! We'll all get the island at the same to!e! :cool:

1. 15% or 18% gratuities on everything

2. People forgetting to use thier indoor voices

3. People whining about inane little things (oh wait actually no that’s part of my entertainment on a cruise. Just love hanging round Guest Services listening to some complaints)

4. People who complain if anyone jumps on the lift and they think it’s too full but the buzzer has not gone off

Edited by pinkpanther52

1. Muster Drills

2. Flying to the port city. Even though I fly in a day early, flight delays and cancellations are stressful. I almost missed my last cruise because of them.

3. Keeping up with my passport. I wish I could just put my finger on a scanner and have my finger print tell them all they need to know. LOL. I am OCD about keeping up with my passport, but I always fear losing it or it getting stolen while I am traveling.

And...

4. People who save more than one seat. How hard is it for everyone in a group to arrive at the same time? I was pleased to hear an announcement on the Vista that saving a seat for more than one person was not permitted. However, people ignored that rule. At least the cruise line is trying.

1. The continuing degradation of the experience as lines find new ways to cut costs and increase on board expenses.

2. Ever uglier and larger new ships incorporating ridiculous “amenities” and activities.

3. The fact that all cruises - and especially the good ones - end too soon.

4. Sales pitches which pose as anything else -and even those which don’t.

1. Unruly teens. We had a group on our last cruise who went around the ship making fun of people and writing on the walls in the elevator. They also loved knocking on random doors.

2. Guys burgers not being opened longer

3. The rush of everyone to eat breakfast and get off the ship on disembarkation day.

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

1. Outdoor, standing up muster, in driving rain (Mobile, January, Lido Muster Sta. F)

2. Unsupervised misbehaving children’s PARENTS (!!!). Turning your little darlings loose to wreak havoc on the rest of us is beyond rude. Include screaming babies in the MDR in this same rude parents category.

3. Driving to/from port. Too close to fly, but far enough for long drive.

But overall, we LOVE to cruise , what we hate the most is waiting for the next one!

1. Rude and/or obnoxious people. This includes people who are mean to staff and crew, folks who are loud and pushy, loud complainers, folks who think they are entitled, greedy folks (chair hogs, people who waste a lot of food, etc).

2. Disembarkation.

That’s all I have. If people were generally kind and I never had to leave, it would be perfect. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1. Inconsiderate or rude people e.g:

- those who rush to get on the elevators when there are people with walkers or scooters who were there first

- chair and table hogs

- parents who let their kids run wild all over the ship and/or don't control or remove their screaming children in the MDR

- ill mannered people who never thank the crew or who are rude to them

2. Muster drills where you have to stand in jam-packed lines like sardines.

3. That final ding as you leave the ship for the last time.

1. Not living in Florida.......because

2. Florida has 5 cruise ports....because

3. No airfare to deal with.....because

4. Tons of ships to choose from....because

5. Can jump on a ship at the last minute....because

6. You can get great "last minute" deals.......because

7. You can drive to any of the cruise ports the same day. :cool: