Cancellation policy?

FSU Girl

Is the cancellation policy you get all your money back as long as you cancel before the paid in full date? I’m trying to find it on their website, but I’m not seeing it.

I’m planning on booking a honeymoon cruise. I think we’ve decided on the Silhouttee that leaves out of England and goes to Ireland and Iceland in 2019.

A lot of rooms are already sold out so I wanted to book as soon as possible, but I still need to get permission from work which can take a while. If I book it and have to change it to a different date or cancel all together will I get the deposit back?

Different countries, different rules. Some are refundable, other No refundable, last one take the option

Some 75 days final payment other 90 days, idem different for the amount of the deposit

Here one promo pay in full and get 12 months to pay without interest, same rules as early booking (deposit only)

If you live in the US or Canada and book a refundable rate, you will get your money back if you have to cancel before the required pay in full date. If you have to transfer to a different date, you will not lose your deposit. It will simply be transferred to the new date and/or ship. Just be sure to book a refundable rate.

Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize it was different rules for different countries. I live in the US. So the cruise would be more expensive if we choose a refundable rate?

In the U.S. you can buy refundable cruises. You will get the full deposit back if you cancel prior to final payment. The rates for non-refundable deposits are slightly lower. This is a new policy for Celebrity.

In the U.S. you can buy refundable cruises. You will get the full deposit back if you cancel prior to final payment. The rates for non-refundable deposits are slightly lower. This is a new policy for Celebrity.

Thank you 😊

How much is the deposit normally?

For a standard balcony on your 14 night cruise on August 11, 2019, the refundable rate is currently $150 per person more than the non-refundable rate: $4089 versus $3939. Note that these are the so-called standard rates but the current sale (there always seems to be some sale) includes a $150 per person discount. So the currently discounted fares would be respectively $3939 versus $3789.

There will also be a payment of $169.95 per person for taxes and fees. And there is a standard gratuity of $14.5 per person per night ($203 per person for the entire cruise) that will be automatically added to your shipboard account. Although the gratuity is not mandatory, most of us would encourage you to not have it removed from your account since it is the main source of income for your hard-working crew.

The deposit on a standard balcony for your cruise is $900 per cabin.

The good news is that the current rate includes one perk. You will be able to select one of the following:

- $150 per person of on board credit (OBC) for any discretionary on board expenditures

- unlimited free Wifi/internet (not sure of the value)

- $203 per person of free gratuities

- the Classic Beverage Package (purchase cost without the perk would be $908.60 per person)

For most cruisers, the included Classic Beverage Package provides the most value even if you are only a very moderate drinker since in addition to alcoholic drinks of around $8 or $9 per drink + 18% gratuity, it includes $5 specialty coffees and $2 bottles of water, along with fresh juices.

In comparison with free gratuities of $14.50 per person per day, the Classic Beverage Package saves you $16.52 per person per day even if you only have the following minimal drinks per day (including the mandatory 18% beverage gratuity):

- one $5 latte or specialty tea in the morning = $5.90

- one $9 glass of wine with dinner = $10.62

More likely, your drink package savings will be significantly greater.

Have a wonderful Honeymoon Cruise.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

For a standard balcony on your 14 night cruise on August 11, 2019, the refundable rate is currently $150 per person more than the non-refundable rate: $4089 versus $3939. Note that these are the so-called standard rates but the current sale (there always seems to be some sale) includes a $150 per person discount. So the currently discounted fares would be respectively $3939 versus $3789.

There will also be a payment of $169.95 per person for taxes and fees. And there is a standard gratuity of $14.5 per person per night ($203 per person for the entire cruise) that will be automatically added to your shipboard account. Although the gratuity is not mandatory, most of us would encourage you to not have it removed from your account since it is the main source of income for your hard-working crew.

The deposit on a standard balcony for your cruise is $900 per cabin.

The good news is that the current rate includes one perk. You will be able to select one of the following:

- $150 per person of on board credit (OBC) for any discretionary on board expenditures

- unlimited free Wifi/internet (not sure of the value)

- $203 per person of free gratuities

- the Classic Beverage Package (purchase cost without the perk would be $908.60 per person)

For most cruisers, the included Classic Beverage Package provides the most value even if you are only a very moderate drinker since in addition to alcoholic drinks of around $8 or $9 per drink + 18% gratuity, it includes $5 specialty coffees and $2 bottles of water, along with fresh juices.

In comparison with free gratuities of $14.50 per person per day, the Classic Beverage Package saves you $16.52 per person per day even if you only have the following minimal drinks per day (including the mandatory 18% beverage gratuity):

- one $5 latte or specialty tea in the morning = $5.90

- one $9 glass of wine with dinner = $10.62

More likely, your drink package savings will be significantly greater.

Have a wonderful Honeymoon Cruise.

Wow! This is so detailed thank you! I agree with you that the drink package sounds like the better deal here.