Forgive me for being Blunt! Freedom of the seas ?

monu58

For the ppl that have booked the Freedom of the seas, I would like to know how much you were quoted for your vacation. I am hoping to book for Dec. 2006 or Jan 2007, but prices seem a bit high. I just came back from my 1st cruise (carnival) and really enjoyed it. I want to try RCL next and the Freedom of the Seas looks like it's going a great ship. Thanks in Advance for your answers.

HI There! We always cruise in Jan-the week of MLKing holiday. We have cruised on the Explorer and Voyager and paid $1049(+tax+port fees) and we booked the Freedom for $1149 for Jan. 2007. I really didn't balk at it being $100 more than the other ships..seems fair. We always book an E2 balcony(the cheapest balcony). Hope this helps.

I think right now December 10th is the cheapest date available starting at $799.00 pp. We had to switch our sailing on FOS due to work related issues and when I tried to get an earlier date than the November 11th we had booked originally the prices were much too high so I opted for Navigator of the Seas.

We do hope to sail the Freedom or Endeavor in the future, so I am hoping we can book onboard the Navigator and get credits.

Cruise prices are like anything else, it's a case of supply and demand. There are always a lot of people that want to go on the newest, biggest ship so the prices are set accordingly. Once the novelty has worn off and all 3 Freedon class ships are sailing the prices will drop.

We are on the Oct 1 sailing, and we booked before the prices went up for that sailing. That being said, we booked a corner aft on deck 7, Cat E1 Balcony for $969 pp. I think we got a great deal considering what the prices are now.

I think right now December 10th is the cheapest date available starting at $799.00 pp. We had to switch our sailing on FOS due to work related issues and when I tried to get an earlier date than the November 11th we had booked originally the prices were much too high so I opted for Navigator of the Seas.

We do hope to sail the Freedom or Endeavor in the future, so I am hoping we can book onboard the Navigator and get credits.

I will do either new ship if they are sailing the eastern Caribbean itinerary. No way do I want to tender on a ship that large.

Thanks for your answers guys....I was looking into the Dec. 31st sailing, but that's way out of the question, but I will probably book one of the other ones...Less than a week out of my last cruise, I am already looking to book the next...I think I am addicted:)

Thanks for your answers guys....I was looking into the Dec. 31st sailing, but that's way out of the question, but I will probably book one of the other ones...Less than a week out of my last cruise, I am already looking to book the next...I think I am addicted:)

There's the reason for your high price. Prices on sailings over holidays, Spring Break, Summer, or any other time school is not in session, are always high, particularly Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. The cheapest time to sail, I’ve found, is the first 2 weeks of December. Right after Thanksgiving, and just before Christmas as not very many parents are going to pull their kids out of school during this time.

Actually when we booked insides were starting at $699.00, we booked a promenade room for $759.00, those prices were in line with what we paid for AOS in 2004 so to me the prices were excellent.

Now that we switched to the NOS we are getting a balcony for $834.50 which is what some of the cheaper insides are going for now on FOS and only a bit more than our promenade room on FOS.

If the Endeavor prices are staring at what FOS started at I would not hesitate booking, especially if it is doing an Eastern itineary.

Archived