Vigo to Santiago de Compostela

karenbeanpole

We have a cruise extension to Santiago. However they are busing us to Vigo for the return flight rather than flying from Santiago where they booked us in a hotel. The flight is at 6:30AM. Has anyone experienced this. I may book my own return from Santiago, any downside?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

45 minutes from Vigo Urzaiz Station (take a cab), or an hour an a half from neigbouring Vigo Guixar Station, 10 minutes walking distance from the port. Fares are usually from 9 to 11 euros one way. Hourly services. Fast ones leave from Vigo Urzaiz, and slower from Vigo Guixar

http://www.renfe.es

• 1 month later...
45 minutes from Vigo Urzaiz Station (take a cab), or an hour an a half from neigbouring Vigo Guixar Station, 10 minutes walking distance from the port. Fares are usually from 9 to 11 euros one way. Hourly services. Fast ones leave from Vigo Urzaiz, and slower from Vigo Guixar

www.renfe.es

This is great information: There are two functioning train stations in Vigo that both go to Santiago with Urziaz being the faster, generally more frequent station (but is uphill and slightly further away from the port).

Just to add to this that the Santiago train station is about 1 km or so away from the old town area where the Cathedral is located so there's that to consider as well (gradual incline from train station to old town).

Taxis have a special shore excursion which includes rt transfers and usually three hours waiting time for less than 200 euros. If travelling four people is the best option. Taxis are just 50 m away from the cruise terminal. Or alternatively using them to get to Urzaiz Train Station. It's a bit tiresome and involves 30 minutes walk from Vigo Train Station.

In Santiago as mentioned is about 1 m to the cathedral.

Taxis have a special shore excursion which includes rt transfers and usually three hours waiting time for less than 200 euros. If travelling four people is the best option. Taxis are just 50 m away from the cruise terminal. Or alternatively using them to get to Urzaiz Train Station. It's a bit tiresome and involves 30 minutes walk from Vigo Train Station.

In Santiago as mentioned is about 1 m to the cathedral.

Just curious, I assume that the taxis would take the toll roads, so would the tolls be extra or are they included in the excursion rate?

Just curious, I assume that the taxis would take the toll roads, so would the tolls be extra or are they included in the excursion rate?
All included.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

All included.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks.

3 hours is a bit short though. How much would it be for a full day excursion, say 6 hour wait? Actually, how much would it be to take a taxi from the port in Vigo to Santiago and grabbing a different taxi from Santiago back to the port (i.e., two completely separate taxi rides)? Would it be more than 100 Euros each direction?

Good to know, thanks.

3 hours is a bit short though. How much would it be for a full day excursion, say 6 hour wait? Actually, how much would it be to take a taxi from the port in Vigo to Santiago and grabbing a different taxi from Santiago back to the port (i.e., two completely separate taxi rides)? Would it be more than 100 Euros each direction?

Well it would be more. Two different taxis from 2 different cities have to charge you go and back. So four ways. Not the same than the same one. It’s worth paying each extra hour to the same one.