Beach Club suggestions other than Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos?

debkad1

Those were my top two picks for 2/16 and both are sold out the day we will be in Cozumel with NCL Getaway :loudcry:. Any other suggestions?

Depending on what type of activities or atmosphere you are looking for there are multiple daypasses to AI resort hotels offered, Palancar or Paradise Beach.

Paradise is a large pay as you go beach club - $3 admission/chair rental, great facilities, good food, drinks, and service and a HUGE pool. Cab fare should be the same as what you'd pay to get to Sanchos or Nachi.

Money Bar is closer (cab will be about $11 each way) and offers good snorkeling from the shore but no real beach. Good facilities, lockers, foo, drinks and service. No admission fee.

Check reviews on this board and trip advisor - both places also have their own web sites.

Thanks for the info - been to Paradis Beach - didn't care for the beach that much - full of water toys. I really have to go to a place that has a beautiful beach. I'll checkout Palancar.

Deb

Thanks for the info - been to Paradis Beach - didn't care for the beach that much - full of water toys. I really have to go to a place that has a beautiful beach. I'll checkout Palancar.

Deb

You are probably lucky Sanchos was sold out then since it is very similar.

You might also checkout shore excursioneer for southern hotel resorts along the same stretch as the popular beach clubs or if you don’t need ocean swimming maybe a trip to the east side? Much better beaches but rustic and transport is your problem.

We usually go to Playa Uvas when we're in Cozumel. We found it by accident back in 2006. It's changed a lot over the years. When we first started going there, it was basically a shack with some chairs, a beach, a pool and a bar. It's still on the smaller side, which we like, but they have expanded to having a kitchen, many more lounge chairs, snorkeling and some small shops and vendors. There's a fee to get in, but there are several different packages that you can purchase. The basic fee gets you in, and two free drinks. I think that's $15 per person? Do a search for it on Google and check it out.

Hope this helps,

Silc

Thanks for all the replies. I think we're going to Playa Mia - been there before twice and loved it. My husband doesn't drink, and I might have two drinks at most all day, so an all inclusive package is probably not right for us.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Cozumel on NCL Getaway on March 9 too. We wanted to go to Mr. Sanchos with our kids but couldn't get a reservation. They told us a company rented the whole place. 😬 Nachi also full booked. So now we are looking for a nice relaxing beach with fun options for our young teens. Thinking of Paradise Beach.....what should we expect for service, food quality and beverage prices, cab fare etc? Thanks!

We will be in Cozumel on NCL Getaway on March 9 too. We wanted to go to Mr. Sanchos with our kids but couldn't get a reservation. They told us a company rented the whole place. Nachi also full booked. So now we are looking for a nice relaxing beach with fun options for our young teens. Thinking of Paradise Beach.....what should we expect for service, food quality and beverage prices, cab fare etc? Thanks!

PB is a large, pay as you go beach club with great facilities, lockers, a HUGE pool, water toys (extra fee) and good food, drinks and service. Admission fee/chair rental is $3 each and a taxi for 4 will be about $17 each way - check the fare board near the taxi line for your pier. Enjoy! :cool: