Dog on ship, continued

On my last cruise there was a lady at the next table (MDR) with a little foo foo dog that she was feeding off her plate with a fork, that was a little to much for me. I am pleased that RCL has taken action to curb this type of ambient behavior in public.

On my last cruise there was a lady at the next table (MDR) with a little foo foo dog that she was feeding off her plate with a fork, that was a little to much for me. I am pleased that RCL has taken action to curb this type of ambient behavior in public.

We have around another year of this emotional support dog crap (pun intended) as people who booked before 30 July of this year can still bring little foo foo.

We have around another year of this emotional support dog crap (pun intended) as people who booked before 30 July of this year can still bring little foo foo.

Well, booked and had an ESA noted on their booking prior to July 30.

Why do people have such issues with dogs? If I saw someone feeding a dog at the table it would not bother me in the least. I would just say, oh look a dog, that's cool. There is almost nothing being around a dog can cause you illness wise and I have seen kids doing things much more likely to infect you with something on every ship I have been on than any dog. Are people just afraid of them?

Why do people have such issues with dogs? If I saw someone feeding a dog at the table it would not bother me in the least. I would just say, oh look a dog, that's cool. There is almost nothing being around a dog can cause you illness wise and I have seen kids doing things much more likely to infect you with something on every ship I have been on than any dog. Are people just afraid of them?

Have you seen how many people get worked up by the mere thought of a man eating in the dining room with his bare knees all exposed, or not wearing a tie on selected nights? Yes, they're petrified.

IF and I do mean IF this actually happened, and the guest was AWARE that it happened, I would have simply said "Excuse me, do you need help cleaning this up?" If that did not get their attention, I would have simply acted like an adult, asked guest services for a paper towel, and helped dispose of it, because I would not want anyone to accidentally step in it, and spread it around.

Just because some seem to find it hard to adult, (person not picking up after their dog) does not mean it has to rub off on me.

Not me! I'd walk up to the owner and say "you need to pick this ---- up, JERK!!!!!" And I really don't care if it's an emo or a service dog.

I think if someone's ESA has an accident (ie defecates) on board, they and the dog should be put off the ship at the next port and have to fly themselves and Little Fluffy home at their own expense. RCI lawyers can add this to the Cruise Contract.

People who booked before July 30, 2018 can still bring their Emotional Support Animal onboard. So there will still be issues.

Has anyone who sailed since 07/30/2018 noticed a reduction of foo foo dogs on board?

Not that would be noticeable, but too soon anyway. Give it a year: Reservations of travelers with ESAs noted on bookings prior to July 30 would be allowed to sail, the report said.

Not that would be noticeable, but too soon anyway. Give it a year: Reservations of travelers with ESAs noted on bookings prior to July 30 would be allowed to sail, the report said.

I would not notice even a year from now. 30+ cruises and I've only seen one fake and two real. And the fake one was ugly!

Just off Grandeur-there we’re two ‘service’ dogs on board. One seemed to be a legit hearing dog for a hearing impaired woman that was traveling with her family. Another one was a tiny dog in a stroller the whole time-not sure it’s purpose?

I would not notice even a year from now. 30+ cruises and I've only seen one fake and two real. And the fake one was ugly!

Been cruising on Royal 30+ years, it is new development last couple years Dogs on board. Saw 4 Dog's on board just in Nov/Dec. Then last cruise saw the Dog Pottie on open deck so on board. Just didn't see him though heard him Barking every Port Day when was walking past their door...

Some people are allergic to dog hair, it can aggravate their asthma.

Agree -- but I also like RCI cracking down with the possibility of kicking the owner and dog off the ship at the next port for deification

Agreed. People will think twice about bringing Fluffy with them.

I have NEVER see foo foo dogs onboard to begin with.

I must be on the wrong cruises. I have always seen esa on my cruises except for my TP in April '17.

Just off Grandeur-there we’re two ‘service’ dogs on board. One seemed to be a legit hearing dog for a hearing impaired woman that was traveling with her family. Another one was a tiny dog in a stroller the whole time-not sure it’s purpose?

That person needs a new brain if they can't be away from Fluffy since that was not a service dog. Also, they probably don't want to pay for pet care when their on vacation.