Dog on ship, continued

My daughter has a condition that could be well supported by a service dog. Due to the rigorous training required, the dog and training is very expensive. True service dogs are more than a pet they are investments and life lines.

The abuse and rampent use of these emotional dogs (these pocket pets) has poisoned the waters for those who truly need service dogs. Those with visible disabilities won’t be thought of twice. Those with invisible ones like my Emma you have no idea why she would have it. Vets with PTSD (also invisible disability) even qualify for the full Service dog who wears the ‘I’m working’ vest.

These highly trained dogs and handlers aren’t the issue and it’s sad when the whole concept is getting questioned.

Why do people have such issues with dogs? If I saw someone feeding a dog at the table it would not bother me in the least. I would just say, oh look a dog, that's cool. There is almost nothing being around a dog can cause you illness wise and I have seen kids doing things much more likely to infect you with something on every ship I have been on than any dog. Are people just afraid of them?

I don´t care what you think and if you think it´s cool you are more than welcome to sit under the table and share the bowl with the dog. But I would not accept a dog at the table.

I have no problem with a true service dog. A true service dog will never be at the table, but it will sit under the table. It will not take anything from the table. And true service dog owners will never allow the dog at the table and eating from the table.

I have seen dogs on ships, fortunately not at any tables or fed from the table. However if I ever happen to see anything like that I know my next actions. I would immediately demand to see the HD and expect him to take action. He would have two options and I´d make those two options very clear to him. He either makes sure this immediately stops and never happens again, or my next step is to send an email and inform the authorities about a serious health issue on the ship.

I´m pretty sure a report to the CDC, maybe with a pic of the dog at the table attached to it will set the ships management for some questioning and maybe an inspection under the VSP.

I don´t care what you think and if you think it´s cool you are more than welcome to sit under the table and share the bowl with the dog. But I would not accept a dog at the table.

I have no problem with a true service dog. A true service dog will never be at the table, but it will sit under the table. It will not take anything from the table. And true service dog owners will never allow the dog at the table and eating from the table.

I have seen dogs on ships, fortunately not at any tables or fed from the table. However if I ever happen to see anything like that I know my next actions. I would immediately demand to see the HD and expect him to take action. He would have two options and I´d make those two options very clear to him. He either makes sure this immediately stops and never happens again, or my next step is to send an email and inform the authorities about a serious health issue on the ship.

I´m pretty sure a report to the CDC, maybe with a pic of the dog at the table attached to it will set the ships management for some questioning and maybe an inspection under the VSP.

You make a lot of excellent points.

I too like dogs and have no issue with service dogs but feeding at the table wouldn't sit well with me and I agree with your proactive approach.

saw a little dog in someone's arms yesterday in a nice restaurant, wearing one of those little bandanna type things you can buy on the internet...he was pretty well behaved, and I love dogs, but I oppose the abuse of privilege meant for those who really need it.

Well said, 100% agree.

My daughter has a condition that could be well supported by a service dog. Due to the rigorous training required, the dog and training is very expensive. True service dogs are more than a pet they are investments and life lines.

The abuse and rampent use of these emotional dogs (these pocket pets) has poisoned the waters for those who truly need service dogs. Those with visible disabilities won’t be thought of twice. Those with invisible ones like my Emma you have no idea why she would have it. Vets with PTSD (also invisible disability) even qualify for the full Service dog who wears the ‘I’m working’ vest.

These highly trained dogs and handlers aren’t the issue and it’s sad when the whole concept is getting questioned.

Very well said. As I've posted a few times before, I don't want these selfish people taking "Little Fluffy" on a cruise with a fake service vest and passing her off as an Emotional Support Animal ruining it for the people who truly need service animals.

An "emotional support dog" pooped yesterday at Guest Services. Emotionally dependent owner just walked away.

Hello,

Given the amount of 'poop' I've heard talked by Guest Services, I would say this was entirely appropriate.

Regards,

Cublet

Wow aren’t you the magnanimous, understanding soul. I suggest the next time you are seated at a table with or near a dog you request your meal be served in the dog’s dish and you sit on the floor to eat with the dog.

Got a good laugh out of that one. I'll be ready with my camera!

I agree.

We have done 47 cruises 42 in Europe and never seen a service dog let alone a fluffy.

I have seen people with their teddy bears etc taking a seat up and making out they are feeding them.lol.

I recall watching one of the cruise programs and they showed a woman with a teddy doing exactly as you said, could have been on P&O or Princess.

Hello,

Given the amount of 'poop' I've heard talked by Guest Services, I would say this was entirely appropriate.

Regards,

Cublet

As I posted earlier, the Cruise contract should be amended to specify that if an an ESA poops, RCI can throw the dog and the owner off the ship at the next port. They would have to make their way back home using their own funds. Walking away from the poop and not cleaning it up should make it easier for the Captain to thrown these offensive people off the ship.

As I posted earlier, the Cruise contract should be amended to specify that if an an ESA poops, RCI can throw the dog and the owner off the ship at the next port. They would have to make their way back home using their own funds. Walking away from the poop and not cleaning it up should make it easier for the Captain to thrown these offensive people off the ship.

On our last cruise a couple of years ago, I was waiting in line at the pursers desk, looked down, and sure enough spotted a a good size "poop" on the carpet. Staff moved quickly to isolate and clean up but I doubt it originated from an animal, well not a human one, as we saw no pets then or throughout the cruise!

Glad to see that all the fraud by dog owners are getting exposed. Most folks have known for years that "comfort" animals on planes, trains, and ships were nothing but a selfish phony practice. Nice to see that transportation folks clamping done on this abuse that negatively impacts other passengers.

Interestingly enough, I've read countless stories of parents killing their kids.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't suppose you have read many stories about them eating their children, but there are numerous about people eating dogs.

Wonder what would happen if I brought a dog whistle on board and used it when fluffy was at the bar? hmmmm

Okay, wait a minute. I know that DD is dear daughter and DS is dear son, and DH is dear husband, and DW is dear wife. But is fluffy the dog or the cat??? :confused: