Dog on ship, continued

There was a little white fluffy dog sitting on a banquette in the SL on Oasis last week.

OMG! I would have thrown a fit if I had seen that:mad:

Hopefully on my next cruise there will be a serious absence of anything Fluffy. It's a transatlantic from UK to Boston, NYC then FL & I really hope the quarantine laws will ensure a total lack of Fluffiness on board.

Edited by firstcarib
typo

Just FYI to everyone, Carnival does not allow "emotional support" animals on board. This thread looks an awful lot like trolling. If a service dog had an issue, it might have been because carnival mistakenly moved his potty box, or he could have been not feeling well and the handler obviously didn't deal with it appropriately.

It will take a while to see the full effect. The new rule only affected bookings made after the date of the new policy. Those who had booked were grandfathered.

They were only grandfathered in if they already notified royal that they would be bringing the dog/animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

Love the shirt!

Riding the campus bus on a major campus. Undergrads behind me talking about apartments for next year, one says the one that they really like won't let her have a dog, so she was considering calling her dog an emotional support dog, or maybe even a service dog to get the dog in the apartment. 

• Haha 1

wow, d

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:56 AM, Merion_Mom said:

I know that I am pulling up an old thread, but this just popped up on FB, and I had to share.  😄

Image may contain: one or more people and text

didn't realize this thread was old, started reading because that old dude with the dog in the canvas cart thing was on anthem during our cruise last month, over a year after your original post. seemed like I was reading real time as the description was spot on, there is now a sign on his cart saying not to ask any questions about the dog! the guy seems very unapproachable

On the Anthem a guy was carrying his dog in a canvas shoulder bag in the buffet.  He got a hot dog for the little dog and fed it to him.  This was definitely not a service dog.  I paid good money to leave my dog with a dog sitter.  Love my dog but not on a cruise.  

• Like 7

17 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

On Symphony of the Seas during my 2/9/19 sailing.  Two dogs here in these first two photos, one is wearing a diaper and one is walking on a leash.

3BA722BA-F77D-4A78-AB35-D674F911D880_zps

9CB71AFF-8A56-4E23-944A-D3B19659C95A_zps

55B401D5-76F7-4C63-975E-7882C188D8C3_zps

This one up by the flowrider.

F673500D-6ACF-4FDE-BF2D-23404EF33059_zps

2DC52FFF-5AA7-4B52-9DB9-C54B1980175C_zps

I don't see a diaper on any of the dogs in your photos, and would you rather a dog walked without being on a leash?

Doodles are often used as service dogs. Smart and usually don't shed.

We'll be on the Allure in a couple of weeks - I hope to see some dogs! There was a dog on each of our NCL cruises last year, and we were happy to see them.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

We saw the “relief box” on our recent Oasis Cruise.  Never saw a dog though.

I have no problem with true service dogs, but I hate seeing idiots cheat and bring their pets on board (or the store, movies, anywhere really except places like the local park or outside walking with their owner).

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't see a diaper on any of the dogs in your photos, and would you rather a dog walked without being on a leash?

We'll be on the Allure in a couple of weeks - I hope to see some dogs! There was a dog on each of our NCL cruises last year, and we were happy to see them.

In the first photos the guy was carrying a dog with a diaper along with the one that was walking. 

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

On 3/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Same here.  We love dogs and would be happy to see more of them on cruise ships.

• Like 2

Poodle or Labradoodle on a recent cruise.  It needed to be groomed/bathed.  It lunged (and sometimes made contact) at people (in a friendly - not aggressive way) - but that didn't matter to people with walking/balance issues.  It also left multiple piles of diarrhea on the carpet in front of a bank of elevators.  I could smell it coming down the stairs, a couple of floors up.  In discussion with a cruise line employee - was also informed the dog was not allowed off the ship at several of the ports due to the countries regulations.  TRAINED LEGIT service dogs only please!!!!!

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, maria1122 said:

On the Anthem a guy was carrying his dog in a canvas shoulder bag in the buffet.  He got a hot dog for the little dog and fed it to him.  This was definitely not a service dog.  I paid good money to leave my dog with a dog sitter.  Love my dog but not on a cruise.  

That Pinnacle dog was on our January Anthem sailing along with another dog that we saw in a stroller with a blanket over it like you would do when a baby is sleeping.  Neither are service dogs and should not be allowed on any ship. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, crilski said:

Poodle or Labradoodle on a recent cruise.  It needed to be groomed/bathed.  It lunged (and sometimes made contact) at people (in a friendly - not aggressive way) - but that didn't matter to people with walking/balance issues.  It also left multiple piles of diarrhea on the carpet in front of a bank of elevators.  I could smell it coming down the stairs, a couple of floors up.  In discussion with a cruise line employee - was also informed the dog was not allowed off the ship at several of the ports due to the countries regulations.  TRAINED LEGIT service dogs only please!!!!!

How disgusting. For the 10,000th time leave the pets at home.  Proper service animals only.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, oddly excitered said:

wow, d

didn't realize this thread was old, started reading because that old dude with the dog in the canvas cart thing was on anthem during our cruise last month, over a year after your original post. seemed like I was reading real time as the description was spot on, there is now a sign on his cart saying not to ask any questions about the dog! the guy seems very unapproachable

obviously a fake.  according to HIPPA, you cannot ask what condition the person has BUT it's perfectly acceptable to ask what the dog is trained to do.  This really angers me as it makes more problems those that really do need a service dog.  I love my dogs but would never take them on a cruise.  If they are eating hotdogs from the buffet, they are in no way a service dog. They will be working, not taking a vacy with the owner.  I thought RCCL was going to put an end to this?  I've never sail RCCL and don't think I will until this issue is resolved.  

• Like 1