Boarding shambles at OPT Voyager - 2nd Feb

Just back from the 3 nighter on Voyager. The main call out was the debacle at OPT on boarding.

At 2 p.m. there were still massive queues, outside, going back to the MCA. They operated 3 'corrals' with separate queues on the ground floor. No signage or priority access e.g. C&A benefits. Also, no health forms handed out in advance, all done at the check-in counter (which takes a little more time).

Turns out there had been some evacuation of OPT for some hours though nobody knew what it was about. Surprisingly when they re-opened they didn't go with the standard split queues and just had a long line.

Once you got upstairs they switched to regular queues, though it was a long wait to that point, and still a very long queue upstairs.

I'm not sure when those waiting to board got on, but looked like it would take a couple of hours so probably 4-4:30 p.m.

Workers on the old Doyle's restaurant site accidently hit a gas main which forced the evacuation of the OPT. It took a couple of hours to resolve the problem and we resumed checking in about 1 - 1.30pm. Yes the lines may have been longer than normal but to be expected with the delay and we still had everybody pretty much on board by 4pm ..not much later than a "normal" embark...pretty good really ...only losing an hour after a two and a half hour delay.

Workers on the old Doyle's restaurant site accidently hit a gas main which forced the evacuation of the OPT. It took a couple of hours to resolve the problem and we resumed checking in about 1 - 1.30pm. Yes the lines may have been longer than normal but to be expected with the delay and we still had everybody pretty much on board by 4pm ..not much later than a "normal" embark...pretty good really ...only losing an hour after a two and a half hour delay.

Accidents happen, so well done Graham and crew at the OPT.:cool:

Workers on the old Doyle's restaurant site accidently hit a gas main which forced the evacuation of the OPT.

Yes, that could have been very bad. Similar things have happened before in Sydney with loss of life.

Thanks for the inside word. Haven't seen queues that long after midday for a long time.

I was on that cruise and even though I was Deck 2 I am also Diamond so when I arrived back at the terminal at 1.30 it took 15mins from the terminal entrance to on the ship. Once checkin got going I thought the staff did a great job getting everyone onboard and we were able to leave pretty much on time.

There was also problems for Ovation 27th January.

Supposedly the computers crashed.

We were at the head of the line after passing through computer/tablet stations and were held waiting before the security line.

I enquired in conversation with the lady standing by us supervising as to why there was no priority lines anymore and she answered - too many people and we can’t read all the paperwork.

Fair enough I thought but when the line started to move another said I have to get all these priority through first. I asked the lady in conversation is it only now for suites and she replied for crown and anchor members!

Been standing there in line for 45 minutes, told her we were Diamond C&A and all these were filtering past us. Told her again we were Diamond and then she ushered into a priority line for security. They were certainly in a flap up there. Well over an hour to board.

Edited by megsie

There was also problems for Ovation 27th January.

Supposedly the computers crashed.

We were at the head of the line after passing through computer/tablet stations and were held waiting before the security line.

I enquired in conversation with the lady standing by us supervising as to why there was no priority lines anymore and she answered - too many people and we can’t read all the paperwork.

Fair enough I thought but when the line started to move another said I have to get all these priority through first. I asked the lady in conversation is it only now for suites and she replied for crown and anchor members!

Been standing there in line for 45 minutes, told her we were Diamond C&A and all these were filtering past us. Told her again we were Diamond and then she ushered into a priority line for security. They were certainly in a flap up there. Well over an hour to board.

We missed the delay, boarded at 12pm and it took 10 minutes!

We are only Platinum, they ushered us to the right at security, huge lines to the left.

On our return our regular driver told us about the delay with the Voyager due to the gas leak, and about the Solstice arriving a day early due to big seas.

How was our weather;p hardly a wave for 8 days!! Especially as we had gone down around the bottom of Tassie to Adelaide, havent been that far downunder before!

The cruise from Adelaide, passed Kangaroo Island then across and up the coast was lovely.

[quote name=cheznandy;55200184

How was our weather;p hardly a wave for 8 days!! Especially as we had gone down around the bottom of Tassie to Adelaide' date=' havent been that far downunder before!

The cruise from Adelaide, passed Kangaroo Island then across and up the coast was lovely.[/quote]

Not many cruises get to cruise around the bottom on the west coast of Tasmania. Overnight in Adelaide was good as well. Very smooth cruising and had a great time - enjoyed the humour of CD Joff.

We missed the delay, boarded at 12pm and it took 10 minutes!

We are only Platinum, they ushered us to the right at security, huge lines to the left.

On our return our regular driver told us about the delay with the Voyager due to the gas leak, and about the Solstice arriving a day early due to big seas.

How was our weather;p hardly a wave for 8 days!! Especially as we had gone down around the bottom of Tassie to Adelaide, havent been that far downunder before!

The cruise from Adelaide, passed Kangaroo Island then across and up the coast was lovely.

Same here. We are only Platinum and the staff member checking our boarding passes picked it up and we were ushered to a separate line at security. We only waited about 10 minutes due the the delay getting through onto the ship. The iPad check in was excellent. We loved the Ovation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for gbenjo

My party of 9 is boarding ETOS on the 19th of March 2018.

Out set sail documents state a "suggested" check in of 2pm as we are in various cabins on deck 7, yet we are also advised on the same documents we can check in anytime from 11-30am to 5pm.

Most of our group are upgrading from gold to emerald status on Day 2 of the cruise, diamonds please look away ;p

Can we check in via the Crown & Anchor line at any time?

I have elderly folk and a friend who is recovering from an accident so I don't want them waiting for an extended time.

Thank you for your input , hope to maybe finally meet you :D

TraceyG

...My party of 9 is boarding ETOS on the 19th of March 2018...

Most of our group are upgrading from gold to emerald status on Day 2 of the cruise...

Your Crown & Anchor Society status does not change mid-cruise. You will only be awarded points and be upgraded from gold to emerald once you have completed the cruise.

Your Crown & Anchor Society status does not change mid-cruise. You will only be awarded points and be upgraded from gold to emerald once you have completed the cruise.

Before our recent Celebrity cruise we were about 8 points short of Select level but found, on boarding, that we had been given Select status for that cruise. ??

Before our recent Celebrity cruise we were about 8 points short of Select level but found, on boarding, that we had been given Select status for that cruise. ??

There have been some cruise only promotions in the past, or it could have been a difference in figures.

The standard rule is the points, and status, are only granted once the cruise is complete.

Most of our group are upgrading from gold to emerald status on Day 2 of the cruise, diamonds please look away ;p

How long is the cruise? There is Platinum between Gold and Emerald. 25 points difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk