Garage Club (deck 7) on Seaside -- biggest waste of space on the ship?

MisterBill99

So there's this area at the rear of deck 7 between the bowling area and outside gelato/crepe place called the Garage Club. It has a car with a sound system in it, a long bar and an area that looks like it has a grill but doesn't serve food. It's right near the South Beach pool (and on the side of the ship that doesn't exit into the smoking area of the pool so you can actually breath when you get outside), so doing something like serving burgers would make a lot of sense. But they don't. It's pretty dead during the day, despite being feet from gelato and the pool. The bar was open at night and when we walked thru I saw some people playing a video game (and I just read another thread saying there was loud music). Anyway, I wonder if they had plans for this area that didn't happen? What other excuse could there be for such a waste of space?

And I realized that my title is wrong. The French bistro is the biggest waste of space on the ship, since I never saw more than a handful of people eating there during our cruise. But that at least served as overflow seating for the buffet, especially on the morning of disembarkation when the buffet was a zoo. And they use it for crafts.

We were on the same cruise :) and I couldn’t agree more with you.

The Garage bar, which looks like a burger joint to me, makes no sense and should be changed into something else. There is the other venue (can’t recall the name) on the other side of the ship, I believe deck 8 with a dance floor which could perfectly work as a club / dance venue more than the Garage

I also agree 110% on the Bistro. I don’t see it living much longer, if they are smart, and revamp it into something else. All I saw was people using their laptops there. I don’t think I ever saw anyone eating but yes, it was useful for buffet overflow on debarkation day (I actually sat there that day) and assume embarkation day was the same story.

I could almost bet Seaview won’t have these 2.

We were on the same cruise :) and I couldn’t agree more with you.

The Garage bar, which looks like a burger joint to me, makes no sense and should be changed into something else. There is the other venue (can’t recall the name) on the other side of the ship, I believe deck 8 with a dance floor which could perfectly work as a club / dance venue more than the Garage

I also agree 110% on the Bistro. I don’t see it living much longer, if they are smart, and revamp it into something else. All I saw was people using their laptops there. I don’t think I ever saw anyone eating but yes, it was useful for buffet overflow on debarkation day (I actually sat there that day) and assume embarkation day was the same story.

I could almost bet Seaview won’t have these 2.

I wonder how many changes there will be on Seaview, with the exception of hopefully fixing the plumbing issues (the site plan on the MSC website shows the same layout on deck 7). Seaside+ (the next 2 ships in the family that MSC committed to) will be larger and I'm sure will have many changes. Captain Scala announced at the CC party that the buffet is moving back upstairs and there will be an additional deck added. So I think they'll have 2 poorly designed ships to deal with.

The library/pool table are on the other side of the ship from The Garage, but the area I think you're talking about The Haven, which is on the other side of the bowling area. That room is too small for the events they have in there and it needs to be enlarged, since basically there are no large lounge areas on the ship.

Edited by MisterBill99